Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hearing test

• 03-04-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

has anyone here or know of anyone rejected because of having a deaf ear?

i cant imagine they would let ya through anyway but im just wondering.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭steve196

cheers
    the hearing test comprises of sitting in a sound proof booth wit a set of head phones on. tones are then played tru the headset and wen u hear the sound in each ear u press a button. the sounds gradually become more faint until u can hear them anymore. print out them comes from it and determines if ur hearing is up to scratch. if u have a dodgy ear ur screwed. the test is done in the medical section of the depot. same test has to be done later in ur career if ur goin for DDU and the gun course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

cheers Steve, must do something similar with my doc before my medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

cheers

Yep.. Me! :(
    Its congenital and i kinda knew it would probably not be up 2 scratch but i failed the Garda Medical cos of my hearing! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

DO NOT listen to loud music/ipod 3 or 4 days before hand! It could effect your hearing to the point you may fail on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

What are the the pass/fail requirement for the hearing test?

• Advertisement
Advertisement