Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Handheld emulation device

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

6a00d83452989a69e201156ecac6f3970c-800wi

6a00d83452989a69e201156ecacac5970c-800wi

# Compatible ROM Emulators: NES, SNES, Megadrive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Neo-Geo and even some Capcom Roms (CPS1 and CPS2).

# Compatible Video Formats: FLV, WMV, ASF, RM, AVI, MPEG, MP4, RMVB, SWF / Image viewer (JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG)

# Compatible Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC

# I/O Slots
    - Earphone jack
    - Mini-USB slot
    - Mini-SD slot (4GB Internal memory)
    - AV OUT (output to TV - NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3)
    - Stereo Speakers
    - FM Radio with recording function
    - Voice Recorder (MP3, WAV)
    - Ebook reader (with text to speech function)

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station/

66 euro and they'll ship to Ireland. 2.8" QVGA screen is a tad on the small side but for 66 euro this is simply the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats a good gadget for sure. I would definately buy one if my DS couldn't do all that. Its far cheaper though, so I'm sure it will sell well. Screen is a little on the small side though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats a good gadget for sure. I would definately buy one if my DS couldn't do all that. Its far cheaper though, so I'm sure it will sell well. Screen is a little on the small side though.

DS can run CPS2? A way cheaper nonetheless but the screen is the big con for me; I suppose the 66 euro price tag needs to come from somewhere.

(btw on the DS is there noticeable lag playing Megadrive/SNES/Neo-Geo stuff?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

depends on the emulator you use and also the rom. Some are better than others. But most games work flawlessly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last time I tried the only noticeable slowdown on DS was with SNES roms with the sound on. The SNES DSP sound chip is very hard to emulate but hopefully it will be ironed out and less demanding games like mario world work very well.

Damn nice little gadget though. I'll wait for some reviews, if snes emulation is perfect even on the weirder games i'd be tempted at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Wow this looks awesome! x.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Here are some clips of it playing music videos and games:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mark - youtube links fixed. Just use the 11 character code, not the full URL.

Advertisement