Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting flowers on roadside

Options
  • 03-04-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I'm enquiring about planting flowers along a local road of mine.

Relatives passed away on this road many years ago.
    I'm looking for a flower that you can simply plant and blooms every year.

The type of flower i'm looking for in this regard

Flowers that represent
    Rebirth
    Journey
    Growth
    Wisdom
    Love
    death
    hope
    purity
    life

I'm going to plant daffodils also, in sept coming there. What options can you all give me? for summer flowers. I would preferably love to have a particular flower that blossoms in may.

Cheers for the help.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

33 views so far and no help. geee thanks.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This site explains the symbolism of flowers and stuff

http://www.adchat.net/symbolismofflowersandplants.htm

Not sure about blossoming times and whatnot though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This site explains the symbolism of flowers and stuff

http://www.adchat.net/symbolismofflowersandplants.htm

Not sure about blossoming times and whatnot though

I've researched alot of links with symbolisms already but none showng whether they last blossom every year or what.

It's important that the flowers I pick blossom every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

mysterious wrote: »
    33 views so far and no help. geee thanks.:rolleyes:

Problem with flowers is that many are fine in season but many have long dormant season, so try and mix compact shrubs to offer some all year round structure and definition. deciduousFor all year round interest you could plant some colourful but compact shrub
    like Photinia Nana (constant red and green mix), for flowers try Osteopermum, wall flowers are also very good during growing months and the flower of hope (and makes people smile): SUNFLOWER. There are many dwarf varieties also available.

Other dwarf/compact shrubs with flowers might include: Perynetta, Skimmia Marlot, Hebe Heartbreaker, Halmium Libanotis are also a particularly nice one!

Compact rose: try Flower Carpet (several colours available) and perhaps a ground cover Fuchsia such as F. Sun Ray or F. Tom Thumb.

Advertisement