Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Material

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All,

We are trying to promote print in Ireland, and at the moment our focus is on election material.

Candidates will be doing the rounds in the near future, knocking on doors giving you hand outs and so on.

The thing is..... with these hand outs, It is law that the printer of the material has their mark on the material. (see below).

Some politicians and parties (none of which I will go into names of here) are sourcing their print abroad for these elections and then claim they had them printed here in Ireland.

If you receive any canvasing material in the near future and it does not have any printer information, can you list the politician and their party in this thread.

Thank You

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie:80/1995/en/si/0297.html#zzsi297y1995a101

101. (1) Every notice, bill, poster or similar document having reference to an election or distributed for the purpose of furthering the candidature of any candidate at an election shall bear upon its face the name and address of the printer and of the publisher thereof.
    (2) A person shall be guilty of an offence if he or she prints, publishes, or posts, or causes to be printed, published or posted, any such notice, bill, poster or similar document as aforesaid which does not bear upon its face the name and address of the printer and of the publisher thereof.
    (3) The provisions of sub-articles (1) and (2) shall not apply as respects any such notice, bill, poster or similar document printed, published or posted by a returning officer.
    (4) For the purposes of this article "print" includes any process for producing copies of a notice, bill, poster or similar document, other than copying it by hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jesus I don't even know why they use these any more. I certainly don't read them and they normally go straight into the bin.

Will definitely keep an eye on this and list the ones here who don't comply.

I suspect that the ones being sourced overseas are by Fianna Fail as they have moved their hosting overseas. Oh the irony of bitching about people shopping up North and calling them unpatriotic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

has the pre-election period started yet?

i have various leaflets right here on my desk none of them have printer info on them, thought that was more to do with posters in public.

Advertisement