Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding and road safety

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I took the riding and road safety test the other day and I just wanted to warn people about the theory test. One of the questions is about the distance between the horse in front and yourself, the book says half a horse but the examiners answers say two! If you taking this test be careful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

The book says two horses between every 4 horses riding in pairs if out in groups of about 8 or more. This is for cars to pass easier but I agree the questions in the exam are sometimes very vague as there can be multiple answers for something like that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

In fairness, it's the same for any theory test you do...

In the driving test, I was shown 2 or 3 signs in my test that weren't in the official theory test book.:rolleyes:

I'd say half a horse length is too close to ride to somebody in front of you at any time. You should never be close enough to the horse in front to get kicked, or to clip its heels. It's so dangerous, and I've seen so many injuries (to both horses and riders because of careless close riding. I think a length is the minimum distance which should be left between horses at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 elaine13

Ha i remember doing that test, its necessary but hilarious! Shouting out " cow in the field", "pothole up ahead" every 2 minutes!

Its a good test to do though whether your doing it to further your BHS qualifications or just to be road smart! :)

Advertisement