Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭rainbowkid

Hi there,

I'm looking for lessons in and around Ashbourne/Garristown area in Co. Meath.

Any recommendations, please PM me.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Hi.

Does anyone know a good driving school in/around Navan Co Meath?

My sister wants to learn how to drive. She's out in Navan and looking for something cheap and cheerful, say 30 quid an hour.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good, patient instructor in Killarney?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jojo89

Hey everyone,

Im looking for a driving instructor in dublin 15 area.
    Any reccomendations would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

condra wrote: »
    Hi.

Does anyone know a good driving school in/around Navan Co Meath?

My sister wants to learn how to drive. She's out in Navan and looking for something cheap and cheerful, say 30 quid an hour.

TIA

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Recommendations are by PM only please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

Hey can anyone reccomend a good instructer,i'm not a total beginner just need to bulid up some confidence on the road,i'm in the Coolock area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey guys, bit of a random request but hopefully someone can help me out.

Does anyone know of an instructor in either the finglas/glasnevin aera or the kilcoole/greystones aera that has a slightly larger car, my Bf is 6'5 and is having trouble finding an instructor with something bigger than the usual yaris/micra. he had one lesson with my instructor in a yaris and hes just too tall for them.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Hey - can anyone give me the number of a good driving instructor in the Tallaght area...I just got a cancellation - test in 10 days...yikes!!

Tks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 rollout

Hi i'm looking for a good instructor in the Drumcondra, Fairview, Clontarf area of Dublin.

I'm not a total beginner but would like some instruction on city driving.

If anyone can recommend someone they used before plese PM me their details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 FirePower

Hey all

Looking for an instructor to help me pass the test. I've previously failed the test 4 times (yes you read that right 4 glorious times:o) all at the Churchtown test centre and i really really dont want to fail a fifth time.

I usually get marks against my name for observation when turning, use of the clutch and reaction to hazards. I figured i should keep doing it at churchtown since i know that area well now so if anyone can recommend a relatively cheap instructor who is good at helping you pass the test and operates in that area please PM me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Anyone know of a good instructor in the Firhouse/Tallaght/Knocklyon area? Just need a good teacher, can spend up to €35 an hour for a lesson.

Done some lessons but have not driven since Christmas so am rusty and not that confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Hey, looking for a Spanish-speaking instructor for the missus. Needn't necessarily be a native speaker, but must have good enough Spanish for the job. If anyone knows of or is one, I'd be grateful if you could PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Puptoes

Can anyone recommend a good instructor in Lucan/Palmerstown. Test coming up in Rathgar. Got some real bad habits. Can't see myself passing. can someone recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭bamboozler

looking for lessons in south central/west suburbs (Glasheen) of cork city if anyone has any recommendations.

im 25 and need to learn to drive quick to allow me to move away so will be looking for intensive lessons over short period from beginner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Just wondering if someone could reccomend a good driving instructor in the North Dublin/Ashbourne area? A female would be ideal but not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NMCW

Hey,

I'm looking for a good driving instructor/ school in the south city area- ideally around Rathmines/ Harold's X, but not confined to that-anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm looking for an instructor in Rathfarnham, 5-10 lessons depending on how I do. I can drive but want to get ready for the test, and am very rusty.

Cheap as possible, am on a budget, with a focus on a bulk buy of 5-10 lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

I've got my full license test on the 8th of July at the Tallaght testing site. I would really appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good instructor to take me around the courses on maybe 2 or 3 pre test drives.

I have been driving for 10 years but crossing over an NZ to Ireland license. If anything I feel more nervous than when I started out because i haven't been tested on anything, driving or otherwise, in years!

*EDIT - Thanks for the PM'S. I have a great contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Does anyone know of a good instructor in the Letterkenny area? Preferably cheap too, I'm on a budget. I also need one that does late evenings (after 7) or weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Doll Parts

hi,
    I'm based in Chapelizod and look for a driving instructor. I took lessons about three years ago and was driving supervised a bit, but then moved from Cork to Dublin and stopped. So I have a good enough idea of what's expected.

Preferably would like someone or a company who offer bulk deals, like ten lessons for a certain price,

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 katiej

hi,

can anyone recommend a driving instructor around Rathgar?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Looking for driving instructor that knows the Finglas testing centre, Dublin.

Anyone got any recommendations? Not at beginner level, 7 years driving experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

If anyone has recommendations for an instructor in Drumcondra/Glasnevin/Dublin 9 I'd appreciate them. I'm a total beginner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xperia

Hi all

If you would PM me with a recommendation for an instructor for the Rathgar route I'd appreciate it. I live in D4, know how to drive but have not taken a test in quite sometime.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me out, unfortunate timing has meant I have my test in two weeks time but my driving instructor for the last few months will be on holidays. Looking for an instructor in the city centre who also hires out their car for the test. Appreciate any recommendations. Need to a good few lessons before the test as still have some bad habits.

Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Hi any recommendations for an instructor in Tallaght area.
    Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone else has any more recommendations in relation to my post above. Tried a guy this evening but I wasn’t happy. Getting worried now as test is in two weeks and need to get familiar with another type of car.

Many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Puptoes

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has any more recommendations in relation to my post above. Tried a guy this evening but I wasn’t happy. Getting worried now as test is in two weeks and need to get familiar with another type of car.

Many thanks again
    Where are u doing ur test?

• Advertisement

Puptoes, Doing the test in Raheny. Had become pretty confident driving in my instructors car. Just hope I can adapt easily to another car

rgds
    cmac

Advertisement