Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'm looking for an instructor in Rathfarnham, 5-10 lessons depending on how I do. I can drive but want to get ready for the test, and am very rusty.

Cheap as possible, am on a budget, with a focus on a bulk buy of 5-10 lessons.
    I'm looking for the exact same, but in finglas.

many thanks to af_thefragile for the reccomendation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Looking for a driving instructor for the Finglas area. My wife has her provisional and has done 10 lessons with colliers. Looking for something more affordable. PM me or recommend somebody. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JJia

hi all, i am looking for an experienced driving instructor in Dundrum area, PM me your phone number, i ll come back to you!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lena2010

I'm looking for a good driving instructor in Tallaght. Please let me know if you know anyone good.

Thanks a lot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Looking for recommendations of a good driving instructor in the Ballsbridge area of South Dublin. I'm a complete beginner!

Cheers :)

Looking for a driving instructor for the Finglas area. My wife has her provisional and has done 10 lessons with colliers. Looking for something more affordable. PM me or recommend somebody. Cheers.
    pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lena2010

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for your PMs, I appreciate it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Hi soz lads, like Lena I am looking for pre-test lessons. Can anyone recommend by PM to me also...thanks a mill. (I am interested in using the instructors car too so if you can bear that in mind also)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deedletwee

Hi all. How's it going?

I'm hoping someone can recommend a good driving instructor for some pretests who also allows use of their car in the test. Looked at a couple of companies but they seemed very expensive (€110?? Is that standard).

Also, is the test center in little island not running anymore? If it is, how does one book a test there? It's not listed on the RSA website.

Thanks and sorry for going off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Citi_slicker

Hi Folks,

Had 10 lessons back in 2003 but lost the interest as the instructor was a narky ould lad who would tell you to do one thing and then change his mind... I was a wreck after those lessons!!!

Now I really really really need to get on the road. Anyone got any good recommendations? Off-road driving facilities would also be ideal if anyone knows of any such places?

I emailed a driving school with off-road facilities in Maynooth, but 4wks on they still havent responded to my email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭beamer-89

I'm looking for good instructor in Blackrock area that can teach me in my own car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Anyone used Advantage Driving School?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bijon

Hi,

Anyone know any good driving instructors around the Islandbridge area, I am a complete beginner and nervous too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

any recommendations for kerry in particular tralee area? are the irish school of motoring good for driving lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Hi, Looking for a recommendation for an instructor in the Greystones/Delgany/Bray area

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

Hi I'm looking for DI to help me pass the Raheny test. Can anyone give me a name. PM me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

looking for good instructor for the missus,

we are in lucan/adamstown Co Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I need a DI for Raheny.

I've failed 3 times in 3 months and I'm at my wits end with the whole thing.

The first time I failed because I'd never driven alone and was totally panicked when I didn't have that little voice beside me telling me what to do next.

The second time felt really ready and handled all my hazzards, road signs etc perfectly but messed up reverse around the corner :(:rolleyes:

The third time I just couldn't cope with the stress and made a bunch of new mistakes I'd never made before :rolleyes:

Anyway my point is, I've had two instructors already, I liked both of them BUT I got to the point where they were more like friends and would spend more time talking than instructing me.

I need someone mean.
    I need someone who will terrify me,
    I need someone who will make me feel as small and useless as the tester does because I can drive fine when I am with my Aunt or Uncle but when it comes to the test stress gets the better of me and I don't know what else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Hey,

Also need an instructor in Artane/Raheny area. Preferably not the same person as the girl above as I'd rather someone nice and fairly patient!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pinkgirldub

I’m looking for a good driving instructor in the Dublin 18 (Sandyford/Dundrum) area. Please PM any recommendations.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cherrytree

Hi,

I have my 2nd driving test in finglas this thursday. Would like to have a pretest lesson with somebody experienced and knows the route really well to help me.

If anybody can recommend me a good instructor please pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

PM for a good pre-test instructor in South Tipperary, and more importantly, one to avoid at all costs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Hi all, I'm looking for a good driving school/instructor around the Shannon/Sixmilebridge area.

For a friend of mine in her early 20's, female instructor prefered (just a preference, no problems with a good patient male instructor!)

PM please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublin486

I have my test in 3 weeks so I'm looking for lessons within that time. Probably about 5 and a pre-test.

Can you please recommend a school that u've used?thanx in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

dublin486 wrote: »
    I have my test in 3 weeks so I'm looking for lessons within that time. Probably about 5 and a pre-test.

Best to give an area (of Dublin I presume)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublin486

I have my test in 3 weeks Tallaght so I'm looking for lessons within that time. Probably about 5 and a pre-test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CharlotteVale

Hi all
    Can anyone please recommend an instructor in the Dublin 5/Artane area? Have had a couple of lessons in the past but very nervous as not getting the hang of it. Patience and price are important.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hi all.

Driving test coming up in August - need about 3 lessons and use of the same insructors car on the day. I'm sitting my test in Finglas and live close by. Please PM me if you know the route and can help me pass :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looking for a decent instructor around the Chapelizod area. Can travel to Carpenterstown if anyone has a decent one from there.

Advertisement