Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shannonLee

Looking for a good driving instructor in the Tallaght area, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Hello all,

Looking for a really patient instructor who is good with an extremely nervous driver in the South Dublin area. If you have had a good experience with someone, I'd be really grateful to get their details!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Naas, Maynooth, Leixlip, Clondalkin, Tallaght all around those areas and prob further beyond :confused: can't remember all the parts he covers, anyone looking for a fantastic instructor just pm me. Fab one who got me driving and through a test in 6mths from scratch last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 txd73

Could somebody recommend decent instructor in Clondalkin area.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maryplatts

hi looking for a driving instructor in the rathmines area must be patient. im in the process of buying a car so ideally he/she won't mind teaching me without dual controls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Shells Bells

Hiya,
    I'm looking for a driving instructor in the Stillorgan area. I can drive (kind of) but crashed a few years ago and haven't really driven very much since as I'm very very nervous, so need someone patient who can help me rebuild my confidence. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AshtownGuy

Hi all, I've been procrastinating long enough and waiting for the days to get longer, so am now looking for a recommended driving instructor in the Ashtown/Rathborne area of D15 (just north of Cabra D7). I had a few lessons over 10 years ago but need to start from scratch again. Have my Theory Test done and have my 1st provisional (again) licence so am ready to start immediately. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Hi,

Im looking for an instructor for a pre test around the Rathgar course. Will need to do it on a Sat or Sun.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Hi all,

I just had first lesson with a great instructor last night in South Dublin / Rathgar / Churchtown area. Am happy to pass on details - he was recommended to me a while back after I posted on this thread!

Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WeSoExcited

Hi. Another request for any recommendations for a good driving instructor in the Tallaght area. I'd be really grateful for any personal recommendations as it is so hard to know where to start otherwise. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 redsovine

Hello - i'm learning to drive after years and years of putting it off :) Does anyone have any recommendations for a good patient instructor in the south Dublin (Cherrywood) area?

Good luck to everyone learning to drive!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Think this is the right place. I'm looking for a good driving instructor who teaches automatic lessons Dublin/Kildare. I'm in Kildare but would go to Dublin if anyone can recommend a really good instructor. It needs to be an automatic though don't want to learn manual. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 morgsin

Hi,

I'm looking for a driving instructor either around city centre or near a dart line? I have a driving test coming up soon, and I need an instructor who is really good and will pick me up on all my mistakes.

Any suggestions??? Thanks

If anyone knows of any good instructors in the Drogheda area, I'd be more than happy to hear from ye!

(or if any driving instructors from the area themselves want to shamelessly plug themselves and PM me feel free... I know it's against the rules of the thread, but don't worry, i won't tell anyone!)

I've no real interest in driving, have never sat in a drivers seat, and I'm only trying to learn because i reckon it's only gonna get harder and harder as time goes by. I reckon I'd fall into the potentially nervous and easily frustrated learner... so an instructor would certainly be earning his money! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Hi, can anyone recommend a good instructor in the area, thanks :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andrew25

<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

andrew25 wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to boards, I have removed your post as it breached the forum charter. Please read the forum charter before posting.

This thread made it especially easy, as the title specifically asks you to read the first post in the thread.

Here it is for future reference:

Permabear wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andrew25

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Can someone please PM me with a driving instructor for Malahide? I have my test in 5 weeks in Raheny.

Nervous long term driver with bad habits who kept putting off the test but is finally taking the plunge! Terrified! :o If anyone could help me out with a good instructor in the Malahide area please, I don't know who to choose from as there's so many.

• Advertisement

Hi all, i'm looking for a patient teacher in the dublin city centre area. Never sat in a drivers seat before, so a little nervous! Also, i'm unemployed, so would only be able to pay per lesson instead of a lump sum. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sporting dogs

anyone looking for a driving instructor should check out the ADI register on the RSA website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dougiehowlett

Looking for a driving instructor in Dublin city centre. I am in IFSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Hi, can anyone recommend a driving instructor based in city centre/D7 for first-time driver? Please PM me! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

Im looking for an instructor around the KNocklyon area that will cover alot in 2 lessons. I previously had about 10 lessons about 6 years ago but never had a car to drive so I left it and never drove. I do now have one and need 2 refresher lessons. Willing to pay up to €35 per lesson and need them to be avail Sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

After a couple of decades of putting it off, I'm looking for a driving instructor in Dublin 7 / Phibsborough.

Absolute beginner, never sat behind a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Have my test for the second time coming up in bout 10 days and want to get a couple hours done in Naas to get the know the area before I do the test.

Could someone please recommend me a good driving school in Naas please.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ghostwhisperer

I've not had much success with driving lessons.

I had 2 lessons with my first instructor who was quite good but went back to college and stopped giving lessons. The second one was a disaster, just a dreadful instructor (one example - he spent more time on his phone than instructing me). I criticise myself for sticking with him for 7 lessons.

I then dropped the driving for several months (and wasted time on my licence). I then purchased a car but it's down the other end of the country at my parents house. I'm too chicken to have it in Dublin. Problem is I only get down there to practice every 4 to 5 weeks. This isn't enough at all (not to mention any bad habits I might have picked up). Hence, I'm looking for an instructor here in Dublin.

Any good instructions greatly appreciated.
    Thanks folks

morgsin wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a driving instructor either around city centre or near a dart line? I have a driving test coming up soon, and I need an instructor who is really good and will pick me up on all my mistakes.

Any suggestions??? Thanks

Hi Morgsin
    Just wondering you got any good instructors. I'm in the city centre and in need of a good instructor also. It's not the easiest job.

• Advertisement

lisa_eire wrote: »
    Looking for a good instructor in the Dublin 8 area. Please pm me details.

Hi Lisa
    Just wondering if you got any good instructors. If so, could you DM me. I'm in that area and in need of a good driving instructor.

Advertisement