Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ThisCharmingIce

Hi,

Have my test in Churchtown in a month.

Looking for recommendations for a driving instructor. Somebody chilled out would be good as I had a bad experience with my last instructor.(Not my fault!)
    I live in Blackrock,so he or she would need to cover this area.

Mainly interested in a couple of pretest lessons.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

I also have my test in Churchtown in a bit over a month. I am living in Goatstown and looking for a driving instructor who is chilled out and reasonably priced, as I'll be looking to do a good few lessons/pretests over the next 4/5 weeks.

I have done the driving test once before about 2 and a half years ago, but between now and then I had not driven at all (bad idea!) up until about a month ago. I have my own car now, but due to the long gap had to pretty much start from scratch on the learning front again. My confidence in it isn't what it was either compared to what I remember from the last time around. I'm doing ok (I hope), going out with friends for the past couple of weeks, but I just need an good instructor for directions for test, prevention of any bad habits and a few pretests, that will all hopefully boost my confidence enough to see me through the test with more success this time around.

So if anyone knows of anyone in the area, a PM with details would be much appreciated.

Thank you muchly!
    gemi

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cris210580

hi
    looking for a very good and cheap driving instructor in dublin 15....any sugestions please
    thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Same as the posters above looking for an instructor in the Churchtown Dundrum area. PM me with details if possible.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mad al

Hi I'm looking for a great instructor in the Churchtown/dundrum area. Preferably one who is flexible with times and days and also is well organised.

If you know anyone I'd be grateful of a PM. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Im looking for an instructor for the same area. If you got any good suggestions from other people I'd really appreciate a PM.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap driving schools on the Northside of Dublin. id want to spend around 300 quid for 12 lessons. I've heard some (bad) stories about RSA so I'm trying to avoid them,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hi,

I would appreciate any recommendations for an instructor in the N.E. Kildare/West Dublin area and maybe their hourly rates if possible.

Many thanks in advance!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Hi,

I'm looking for an instructor, I live in the dublin 5 area...around beaumont/artane.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 oran12

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor for Galway Sundays only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Looking for an instructor in the Dublin 7 area please.
    Somebody who is calm and clear:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hi,

Looking for a good instructor in the Dublin 3 area.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sky_mob

Hi,

Could somebody recommend a good driving instructor in the Churchtown/Rathgar area. Looking for somebody who will be constructively critical (current instructor too nice so I don't really know how I'm doing!). Want to benefit as much as possible out of a few final lessons and pre-tests.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Hi

I am looking for an instructor to show me the routes in Churchtown. I am doing my test in the next month! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a driving instructor in Malahide. Total total beginner here so a patient instructor who won't shout at me is sought!

Thanks,
    Susie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in the city?
    I need to sit my test next week and want a few lessons with a new instructor just to help me iron out a few little habits I have. Any advice would be really appreciated, Thanks. Please pm me with the details..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

what is the best company to get them from?
    <snip>
    Im not keen on forking out money that I dont have to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Harley.

Hey just need an ADI for a pre test. Have done two already but would like to do one with another one with a different instructor just to compare but have my test in two weeks so need to do it asap thank. Oh in malahide/swords area btw.

I passed my test two weeks ago in Churchtown with a good instructor who was recommended on here. If you want his details PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭looking4advice

My wife is learning to drive from a beginner stage. We are based in Dublin 7 so haven't decided on the test venue yet but will probably go to either of the above.

Can you pm me please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 fat slide

Hi Guys,

Would be hugely appreciative if someone could recommend a really good instructor for D7. Will do my test in Finglas. Someone quite strict (but sound) would be a preference. I'm intermediate, though don't suppose that really matters.

Advance thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

Any recommendations for a beginner in the UCD area?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi guys, its my fourth attempt @ Finglas on 9th next month. Could someone recommend a good instructor covering Finglas routes? Please. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pocket2s

Hi all,
    I am looking for a good driving instructor / school in the Dublin 7 area. If anyone could pm me one or two I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Hi, looking for a driving instructor in Killarney for my daughter, who is just starting on the 'learning to drive' experience! Any recommendations please!Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

Hey. Living in Kinsale (Cork) and just got learners so looking for a driving instructor (will have no problem travelling to city, douglas, mahon, etc. if needed).
    Also my mother booked 3 lessons from groupon with an instructor (€25 - she couldn't resist :P). I did a google search and found that it is a brand new person/school (which doesn't mean he's bad) but would be happier with a widely known and accepted great instructor. Any advice appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

Looking for an instructor who covers D2/D4. I'm a beginner and want to do an intensive course of lessons so would be good if they do reasonable discounts if I book multiple in advance.

Thanks for any recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Looking for an instructor around Clondalkin/Ballyfermot/Tallaght in Dublin.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bluecats wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Naming driving instructors is against the forum charter. Please read the charter, and in threads like these, please read the first post.

Advertisement