Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Looking for a cheap driving instructor in the Clontarf area for my fiancée who's a complete beginner. She doesn't need the EDT as she has her learner permit a couple of years but just never got around to lessons. Looking for someone who'll give a good discount for a block of lessons and none of the offers on the deal sites at the moment seem to cover our area!

Would need someone who'll offer a collect and drop-back service

• Registered Users Posts: 42 another new one

Looking for an instructor in Louth area, any suggestions would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

Got my test coming up any idea where the best and most affordable place is to get a pre test for this route.

Thanks in advance (pm me please):)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

Hi,

I'm looking for a good instructor in the dublin 16 area, maybe for 10 lessons to start off with- i'm not a complete beginner I used to drive years ago but I had a crash and unfortunatley left it a long time before getting in the car again and never got my full licence- I just need an instructor whos good at dealing with a very nervous pupil !!! Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭DaveyDriving

you2008 wrote: »
    Got my test coming up any idea where the best and most affordable place is to get a pre test for this route.

Thanks in advance (pm me please):)
    What route are we talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭susiebubbles

I'm new to Dundalk and have no idea who to go to for lessons. Any recommendations for driving instructors in Dundalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭susiebubbles

Hi I'm looking for a driving instructor in Dundalk. If you have a recommendation PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Hi all, looking for an instructor in the Galway city area, evening time if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Hi guys,

Anyone able to suggest a good driving instructor in and around churchtown/rathgar area?

Preferably one that's not 50euro per lesson...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LynseyH

Good instructor that is calm and patient with a high pass rate in North Dublin, I am based in Dublin 13 Sutton/Howth/Baldoyle area please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Realdeal2

I have a test in Tallaght in about 3 weeks, and I need a pretest.
    Can you recommend a good instructor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi would appreciate if someone can PM me the details of a instruct ire who specializes in nervous drivers. My other half has come on leaps and bounds since Jan, her last instructor told her when she failed the test last year she just needed to go and get experience but unfortunately he has now retired.

Terenure/Templogue area but test is coming up in Tallaght, appreciate any advice...

Ta Hick

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

I am 30 next April and my two goals are to be in New york for it and to be able to drive a car. So i passed my theory test on Saturday. Now i got to apply for my permit and get lessons.

Can anyone firstly PM a good instructor in the kilkenny area and if not how much would i be paying for lessons.

My husband says i have to use the instructor car at least for 5 lesssons he got his baby and not keen to share until an instructor tells him i not a idiot on the road.

Thanks
    user_offline.gif
    Hey

I have just got my Theory test so looking for recommendations for good driving instructors in Kilkenny.

Thanks
    I am 30 next April and my two goals are to be in New york for it and to be able to drive a car. So i passed my theory test on Saturday. Now i got to apply for my permit and get lessons.

Can anyone firstly PM a good instructor in the kilkenny area and if not how much would i be paying for lessons.

My husband says i have to use the instructor car at least for 5 lesssons he got his baby and not keen to share until an instructor tells him i not a idiot on the road.

Thanks
    user_offline.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Hi :D I wondering can anyone recommend a good instructor for the Tallaght test centre. I want to finally crack this test and have finally decided to take it in Tallaght.

I have no idea of the area but it was this or Portlaoise! So anyway... any suggestions for a good patient instructor? Would have to teach automatic and I would be learning in his/her car as I don't have my own. Pm me please. Thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Looking for a good instructor for the edt course in the Portobello/rathmines area.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gunnerman1100

Looking for an instructor that covers the Raheny area that can cover all of the 12 EDT Lessons with me . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Hi,

Can someone please IM me details of some good, cheap instructors? I'm in the D1 area. I knew of an instructor who did 1.5 hours for €35 but he's not doing the driving lessons anymore.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MrBinbetweener

hey folks am looking to get driving lessons asap. does anyone know a good instructor that is fair priced and may even have good package deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I'm over 40, took lessons in 1986(!) but haven't driven since. I'm thinking I should get a licence in case I find myself looking for a job that requires one!

Chapelizod area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hi, looking for recommendations for the missus.

She's had a few lessons and is on her second learner permit. Because we have a small toddler I thought it would be a good idea for her to do a week/two week pretest intensive course of the type some driving schools offer in the UK.

Does anyone know of such a course in the North Dublin/East Meath/Louth regions?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭DaveyDriving

hey folks am looking to get driving lessons asap. does anyone know a good instructor that is fair priced and may even have good package deals

What area are you in or going to do your test?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi, here is a deal on the internet I find for Dublin - <SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi, here is a deal on the internet I find for Dublin - <SNIP>

Please read the first post in this thread before posting.

Naming driving instructors is forbidden on this forum. Doing so again will result in infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Hi,
    I'm an older driver (30) & want to find a driving instructor in Navan (or closer to Dublin). I would preferably want a female instructor but anyone that's very nice will be fine. It's more about increasing my confidence to be honest but defo need to improve my skills before I do the test.

Maybe an intense course could also help so if anyone knows of any in Dublin or Meath, that would be great.

Thanks, Lola.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

Hi

I am female 32 yrs and nervous as hell about driving. Need an instructor who will be patient and reassuring and who has a good personality that you can strike up a good instructor/pupil relationship with so that I will feel comfortable to be honest with them about how I'm finding their instruction and my own progress. Also pick up/drop off or meet near home would be required (Nutgrove - Yellow House end of Rathfarnham.

I took a number of lessons when I was 18 but unfortunately didnt pursue it so I'm as good as brand new learner though I do have somewhat of a grasp of the common sense stuff. All the same I'm really nervous, I dream of driving and loosing control all the time...:confused

Also very important that preferably the instructors car must be a reasonable size...Id rather not a Micra as I find them quite claustrophobic and the personal car I will be driving will be a VW Jetta!

All recommendations welcome, just booked my test (Churchtown, in order to reapply for my 3rd Licence) so I need to make a start.

Thanks...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smacr

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for good driving instructor covering Dean's Grange/Dun Laoghaire/Stillorgan area, for test in Rathgar/Churchtown.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Pessimist wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm an older driver (30) & want to find a driving instructor in Navan (or closer to Dublin). I would preferably want a female instructor but anyone that's very nice will be fine. It's more about increasing my confidence to be honest but defo need to improve my skills before I do the test.

Maybe an intense course could also help so if anyone knows of any in Dublin or Meath, that would be great.

Thanks, Lola.

Hey everyone,

I'm just re-posting as didn't get any recommendations yet. Can anyone that has used a very friendly instructor in Navan or surrounding areas please help?

Thanks, Lola.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chicke

hi there
    need an excellent instructor who has good knowledge of finglas area.
    just got driving test and it is in five weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

looking for driving instructor in mullingar .good with nervous beginners:rolleyes:.would prefer female instructor

whats the price like ive read around e25 to 35ish
    thanks.
    could you pm the details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

Hi, I'm living in Stillorgan, Dublin and looking for a good instructor. I'm a complete beginner and quite nervous so someone patient and that can put you at ease would be great!

Advertisement