Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Looking for an automatic 12 EDT instructor in Dublin 12 or 6W. Have a few years driving experience and access to my own vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looking for a recommended instructor who covers the North Fingal area, around Rush & Skerries for manual lessons. No driving experience whatsoever. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Looking for a good patient driving instructor to drive an automatic car for Galway city area please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 So_Fresh

Looking for a patient driving instructor in Galway city if anyone has any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Piguana

Any ADI in Limerick. Failed my test 4x. Looking into someone who can tell me about bad habits. And maybe someone who knows all grade 3 there is possible. Since I’m failing bc of one grade 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Hatman16

Looking for a patient instructor in the Dundrum area. I did the EDT lessons seven years ago but haven't driven much since then. I won't be able to practice much between lessons.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭whizkid9

Can anyone suggest a driving instructor near UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Immoschu wrote: »
    Looking for an instructor near Sandyford/Stillorgan area. Want to do the 12 EDT for Automatic only. No previous driving experience. Been looking at RSA school of motoring and ISM in the area so far so if anyone has recommendations on those 2 schools as well would be great.

Any luck on this one? I have been looking at both RSA and ISM in the area, also for Automatic. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sarah20

I'm looking for an instructor in Newmarket on Fergus or near there, I need 12 edt lessons and pre tests
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

Looking for an instructor anywhere near enough to Dublin city (anything that's around 20-30 mins away by bus / Luas is perfect). I'm actually resident in Rathangan in Kildare but work in Dublin city, a little in two minds regarding where I ought to do the test but figured would be people with more experience in Dublin area to recommend, and unless anyone has a strong recommendation for someone in or near Rathangan that would travel to me to do lessons then I'm happy to do a little extra travel in Dublin after / before work to get the right person, it's obviously the same for everyone but I desperately need to pass first time. Also hoping they might do a decent rate for extra lessons as I can't get a sponsor. (Apologies if a little too much info or babbling in this post.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Hi. Can anyone recommend an instructor in Tallaght or surrounding areas? I’m essentially a new driver (minimal experience) and looking to learn relatively quickly. Would appreciate the help!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I'm in the same boat as Rosstopher above.
    Last had a half dozen lessons 8 years ago, and situated in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Pm you both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭gabria

Hi I am looking for a good instructor in the Raheny area, preferably well priced for 1-5 lessons.

Any recommendations PM me,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Hi
    Looking for a good recommendation please for an instructor for a couple of pretest lessons for the test in Pottery Road, Dun Laoire ?
    Much obliged!
    B.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Can anybody please recommend any reliable driving instructors, going through a company And was allocated a driver whi is grand but is always cancelling or changing lessons and it's very time wasting.
    Need lessons to prepare for test.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

If anyone knows anyone please let me know just for extra lessons 4-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Technope87

Hi, I’m looking for a lessons in Drumcondra, Dublin. Iv done 6 of the 12 mandatory lessons last year but I will need to do more than the 12 as I don’t have a car to practice in. Can anyone advise or recommend someone good in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StudentM

Hi, can anyone give me advice on the best/cheap driving instructor in Galway please? Nervous driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Hmm. I wonder is now actually a good time to be learning to drive... Fewer cars on the road, and the examiner less likely to want a repeat....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StudentM

Ficheall wrote: »
    Hmm. I wonder is now actually a good time to be learning to drive... Fewer cars on the road, and the examiner less likely to want a repeat....

Lessons aren’t available until everything ‘goes back to normal’, in the meantime.. I am doing my research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Passed a well known school of motoring around the city here in the last hour doing truck lessons. Bloody lunacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kn465 564nk

I taught myself to drive. If I could do then obviously anyone could.

Steps

1) Start can on Neutral & handbrake.
    2) Press down on the brake pedal fully and release the handbrake.
    3) Press down fully on the clutch and shift gear to 1.
    4) Slowly, by this I mean really slowly release the clutch till you feel a pull.
    5) When you feel the pull, leave the brake and press on the accelerator slowly while releasing the remaining clutch even as the vehicle starts to move.
    6) Now, you could shift to the next gear when you hear the revving of the engine (if you have a tachometer then shift at about 2500-3500 rpm).
    7) Now stopping the car is easy too. While slowing down the car using brake, shift down gears one-by-one but NOT only till 2nd gear. Before stopping, press down fully on clutch shift to neutral and stop the vehicle with the brake.

I hope it helps new aspiring drivers, DRIVING IS TRULY FUN!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Naah, why an instructor?
    At the very least, you need an instructor, because it is the law that you learners can't drive unaccompanied?
    Plus taking 12 driving lessons is a mandatory requirement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I’m looking for some recommendations for an instructor in North County Dublin. PM please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Hi there, I have a full driving licence but would really like to do some motorway driving/merging practice. Have my own van (VW T4). PM please and thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Hi there, I have a full driving licence but would really like to do some motorway driving/merging practice. Have my own van (VW T4). PM please and thanks!

Which are are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 red one

Hi I'm based in Chapelizod in Dublin and looking for recommendations for automatic lessons please.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

hi
    I am in the D4 area. I was just wondering if someone could recommend a company/instructor that does cheap lessons and also facilitates fast learning times as I only have a 2/3 months to get the whole thing done and dusted.
    thanks

Advertisement