Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Looking for lessons in Galway city for automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 8 puremeteor

Hi
    I am looking for a driving instructor in Dublin-16 for an automatic one.
    I have failed the practical test twice and I am in my late 30s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi
    I am looking for a driving instructor in Dublin-18 with automatic car.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Looking to start the process of getting a licence. For the theory test do I need to buy the CD rom or will the digital "**New June 2019 Edition ** English Language - Official Driver Theory Test Questions and Answers Car, Motorcycles and Works Vehicles - June 2019 Edition" be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

I would appreciate any recommendations for an instructor in the Tallaght area, automatic.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Would anyone be able to recommend a good instructor for inner city Dublin? I'm on Poolbeg Street Dublin 2.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thekidshopop

Hey guys, looking for recommendations for driving instructors in Wexford, more specifically anywhere from Wexford Town out towards New Ross/Hook Head area and those surrounding villages.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kev217

Looking for a driving instructor to do lessons in an automatic. I'm based in Swords, any recomendations?

looking for a driving instructor in the Dun Laoghaire area.

Would prefer a female instructor if possible as it is for a teenage girl, so need to do the full EDT to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Aegir wrote: »
    looking for a driving instructor in the Dun Laoghaire area.

Would prefer a female instructor if possible as it is for a teenage girl, so need to do the full EDT to start with.

I took pretest with a chap who was really great. I passed in first attempt earlier today.

Jesus, thanks to him. I earlier took classes from most exp school and would have failed as they missed on quite a few things.

This guy has an eye for detail and keeps you honest.

I have no interest in his company or venture. Just an honest opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Passed First Attempt - Thanks to an awesome 4 hour session with my pre test instructor from Cornel's driving school.

Prior to that had only done 3 EDT with a school which is very famous. Instructors were good there as well, however, I guess they had to cater to many more students everyday and hence skipped few things.

However, I'm glad took a decision to do pretest which helped:

1. Route was similar to what he trained me for

2. He is very honest and gentleman. Keeps you motivating and also ensures you are honest about your faults

3. Ensured we covered all key aspect of the test

4. Focussed on my mistakes and corrected by making me practice

5. No tick in box approach. Gently shares your faults and how to correct.

Very Professional in approach, sharing feedback and suggesting corrections. I guess that is what had helped me.

Passed thanks to him :-)

I'm not related to him or his school in any manner. Missed to add, driving tester was really nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Looking for an instructor in Letterkenny for few lessons before test - just completed EDT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My mate is looking for a driving instructor for the Churchtown centre if anyone has any recommendations - based in Dublin 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Looking for an instructor in Clara/Tullamore Co. Offaly to do the full 12 EDT lessons with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭carsfan2

looking for instructor in limerick for daughter to do her 12 lessons.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

Looking for driver instructor recommendation for Northside of Cork City. Complete novice, mid 40's so a bit anxious. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Locoparentis

Looking for recommendations for instructor who can travel to Tallaght. Mature first time driver need someone who is patient as learning from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bemmac

Looking for an instructor to do a pretest in Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Looking for recommendations for instructor who can travel to Tallaght. Mature first time driver need someone who is patient as learning from scratch.

I took lessons in Clondalkin will PM you now with my instructors details

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

messrs wrote: »
    I took lessons in Clondalkin will PM you now with my instructors details

Could I request the details as well.

Took some lessons about 8 years ago but hadn't got a car.
    Now want to try to get all 12 done quickly. (lots of free time unfortunately)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 choheinzz

Hi folks,

Requesting recommendations on a good, preferably tried and tested driving school/instructor that can teach driving on an automatic car. I'm a new driver and I don't have a car to learn or practice on, so would need the instructor to teach me on their car.

I'm based in Dublin 6. I'm open to options but ideally looking for someone who can teach in the Dun Laoghaire area where the test usually takes place (as that would help to familiarise myself with the test routes). I'm ok to travel there for the lessons if needed.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance :-)

Regards,
    Cho

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choheinzz

Hi,

Do you have any idea if Cornel's driving school teach on automatic car? Also could you please share their contact details via PM? Can't seem to find them via Google search :(

Thanks.

pandaa wrote: »
    Passed First Attempt - Thanks to an awesome 4 hour session with my pre test instructor from Cornel's driving school.

Prior to that had only done 3 EDT with a school which is very famous. Instructors were good there as well, however, I guess they had to cater to many more students everyday and hence skipped few things.

However, I'm glad took a decision to do pretest which helped:

1. Route was similar to what he trained me for

2. He is very honest and gentleman. Keeps you motivating and also ensures you are honest about your faults

3. Ensured we covered all key aspect of the test

4. Focussed on my mistakes and corrected by making me practice

5. No tick in box approach. Gently shares your faults and how to correct.

Very Professional in approach, sharing feedback and suggesting corrections. I guess that is what had helped me.

Passed thanks to him :-)

I'm not related to him or his school in any manner. Missed to add, driving tester was really nice as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Looking for a driver instructor, I am based in Kilmainham, have the 12 EDT lessons done but did them a year ago and looking now for one or two to get me comfortable again. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

(Thought this had posted earlier but I can't see it, so apologies if it appears twice!)

I'm looking for a Female Driving Instructor with an Automatic car for the Dublin 7 area. (I'm a female myself incase this comes across as creepy!)

I have enquired with a few different companies and instructors directly already but nothing is available and some have stopped. (Possibly due to covid)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vstz

I'm looking for a driving instructor, for a manual car. I live in Portobello (Dublin 8).

I've called many instructors but apparently there's none covering Dublin 8. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Adel2931

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations of a driving instructor around Lucan/Palmerstown/Leixlip/Blanch area. Thank you

Looking for a driving instructor in Dublin 8 area (inchicore area). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thekidsheasy

Looking for a driving instructor in south Dublin / north Wicklow. I live in Greystones and doing my driving test in Dun Laoghaire on the 17th December. Hoping to get in 4 to 5 double sessions between now and then in Dun Laoghaire area. If anybody could recommend a driving instructor for this it would be really appreciated.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Dungarvan Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fewquestions

Looking for a driving instructor/school recommendation in the Lucan area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement