Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i have a great recommendation for Naas/Newbridge/kildare/athy areas

great cost and I passed in Naas 1st time about, pm me :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone have the num for the guy called Tony in Blanch ,He seems to be recommended alot here or someone whos good in the Blanch area ,Would appreciate it ,Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RandomGarry

Hey Dave(moderator) ,
    Can you please pm me the number for Tony the pretest guy in Tallaght,
    it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

Hi

I've failed my test 3 times, yes 3 times - total mare! I'm a good driver but keep failing, well the 2nd & 3rd times, on the reverse round the flaming corner!!!! I can do it no bother when I'm practicing but just not in the test:mad:

Any one got any suggestions on how to fix it or the names of any good instructor who can work miracles???

Please let me know!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

Hey looking for an instructor in Cork City (northside area) someone who can handle a nervous first time driver:o. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Inglewood

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in Tuam? I need to do a pre-test.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

My wife has held a full US license for at 10 years and has driven under insurance in Northern Ireland.

As we are now living FT in the south, she needs to go through the testing process here to get a full irish driving license.

So here are a few questions:

1. Any recommendations for a quality instructor nearby Maynooth?

2. How much can we expect to pay in total (approx) to put her through her lessons and test?

Thanks for your help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

My wife has held a full US license for at 10 years and has driven under insurance in Northern Ireland.

As we are now living FT in the south, she needs to go through the testing process here to get a full irish driving license.

So here are a few questions:

1. Any recommendations for a quality instructor nearby Maynooth?

2. How much can we expect to pay in total (approx) to put her through her lessons and test?

Thanks for your help guys.

Sorted - booked with <SNIP> 35e an hour!

Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

Hi Fooddestroyer

Make sure you instructor shows you their adi badge. Not all instructors working for the bigger schools are fully qualified. They might have the sticker on the car but its the id badge you need to see. You could get their adi number and see if their listed on the RSA website.

For the record, the bigger schools do have some good instructors who do care about road safety.

tormented wrote: »
    Hi Fooddestroyer

Make sure you instructor shows you their adi badge. Not all instructors working for the bigger schools are fully qualified. They might have the sticker on the car but its the id badge you need to see. You could get their adi number and see if their listed on the RSA website.

For the record, the bigger schools do have some good instructors who do care about road safety.

Thanks. The guy is part of a franchise. <SNIP> Checked him out and he comes recommended.

Good advice though, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dStSb

Could anyone suggest driving instructors Dublin North >>> Finglas test cente. I have been driving for a year and a half now. Got driving test in couple of weeks... So I am looking for about 5 lessons, pre-test and car rent for test...
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Please read the charter before posting. Recommendations are by PM only, and no "on-thread" recommendations are allowed.
    Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

Have my test in 4 weeks in Rathgar....does anyone have any recommendations for a decent driving instructor? appreciate any help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sue T

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good instructor for the Tallaght/Citywest area? Want someone precise and reliable.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

retest in Limerick woodview. Need a different instructor to give me a second opinion, needs to be reasonably priced, and able to use my own car. tks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Sue T wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good instructor for the Tallaght/Citywest area? Want someone precise and reliable.

Thanks!
    I've PM'd you details of my instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ppk

Could anyone suggest driving instructors for Dublin North, Raheny test cente. I am looking for about 4-5 lessons / pre-test and car rent for the test.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Hi - looking for a good driving instructor around Inchicore (Dublin 8) area. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Any recommendations for around Infirmary Rd\ NCR??? Have a fair bit done, just need experienced instructor..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Looking for driving instructor around inner city, IFSC area specifically. Would be grateful if anyone has any recommendations. Pretty much a newbie here. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Hi. Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in Churchtown, Dublin? I've tried to learn a few times but never got the hang of it. I'd like someone patient that would give me a bit of confidence - not just a pre-test instructor.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Looking for pretest lessons around Clondalkin, but am actually doing the test in Raheny (it made sense when I was booking it!) so any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭extrinzic

Hi. Looking for driving lessons in Galway, please PM me if you can recomend a driving instructor. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Thanks for the replies about Clondalkin. I think I’ll take some lessons around there, but closer to the test I’d like to do some lessons with somebody who knows the Raheny route. So, any tips there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ZoeDee

Hey Boys and Gals

I desperately need a good pre-test inscructior South Dudblin City. I'm taking the test in the Rathgar centre?
    I really need to get my test but tend to coast! so also any tips or help of any kind is mcuh appreciated.

Ta

Zoe

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shazbot100

Hi,
    I'm looking for driving lessons in Clontarf area. Can anyone reccomend an instructor? Pm details please and thanks.

Shazbot100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'm a beginner. Looking for lessons in the Cork City area.

If you know anyone good and very patient (and not too pricey, I'm a broke student) let me know.

Ta.

Advertisement