Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 dx1200

anyojne suiggest a good instructor in north dublin? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 goblininsane

Hi,

Just failed my driving test in the churchtown area. Am looking for a new driving instructor (not <SNIP>) anyone got any reccomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Any recommendations for South Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) appreciated, Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi guys,

I'm not looking to get lessons just yet but wondering has anyone any recommendations for South Dublin? Around Blackrock / Stillorgan / DunLaoighaire would be perfect.

Also how much should I expect to pay for a decent instructor? Does it usually go by x euro per hour? Do prices vary/increase during evenings and on weekends compared to during the daytime?

Sorry I'm a bit unexperienced when it comes to stuff like this. :p

A PM would be greatly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

Hello everyone.

I passed my theory test last week and have my eye test on Wednesday. Then I'll be sending off for my provisional licence. Then I will fnally learn to drive at the age of 29.

Has anyone got any recommendations of instructors in Crumlin (Dublin 12)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Hello everyone.

I passed my theory test last week and have my eye test on Wednesday. Then I'll be sending off for my provisional licence. Then I will fnally learn to drive at the age of 29.

i'll find out for you if the guy who did my lessons is still doing it.

he was amazing, i was 18 and passed the first time,
    my test was at about 8am and he even took me out for a pre test before it! and he waited then till i finished the questions part.

it was unbelievable how helpful he was and i know a fair few people that he tought and they all passed first time, even one person was extremely nervous even starting the car!!!

he was really relaxed and knew exactly how to explain the problems,
    i couldnt believe how good he was, i wasnt a nervous driver but had problems with turning my head to look at the mirrors.. like showing them im lookin and not just moving my eyes..

it was about 4 years ago though and he was pretty close to retirement,
    but i will pm you if hes still going. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

hockeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Well Im 28 years old and have finally decided to get off my ass and learn how to drive.

Im looking for an instructor in the terenure or surrounding area. Ive gone onto the RSA website and there is a rake of instructors there.

Can anyone recommend an instructor or school to me. Ive a feeling Im prob gonna be a very nervous driver (like everone else im sure :) ) so a nice calming person would be good. Doesnt matter if its a guy or girl. Preferably not a hot guy instructor though.... Dont want to embarass myself by losing concentration!! :rolleyes:

<snip>
    Thanks for the help!

haha!! thats so true, but its an excuse for needing more lessons! :D

i was in a lesson with this male instructor (first and last lesson, then i got my new instructor, read post above)

the guy was more interested in talking about himself and then was asking if i was single!! i didnt learn a thing about driving in that hour!

but he started taking about mensware, and how he liked to look good..
    and i happened to mention that ive only known 2 guys that can wear pink and look good in it...

low and behold i looked across and he was wearing a pink tee-shirt...
    (under a cardigan so i didnt notice it at first)

to make it worse i mentioned who the two guys were, so i couldnt pretend that he was one of them.. oops :D

(oh and the pink didnt suite him either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 glee123

any recommendations for cork city driving instructor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

Hello everyone.

like myself 28 and got my provsional in the post there yesterday - posted it to them on friday.... 4 day wait s pretty good ... ooo and have my first lesson booked for this saturday cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 farfromthegrave

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in Blanchardstown area? Please pm with details, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bharat Dangi

Hi I have drving test on tuesday 02.03.10.
    There is famous guy Tony driving instructor in blancherstown. can somebody give me his number please.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sandybum

Anyone recommend driving school in Mallow?<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sorry sandybum, but discussion of named driving schools is against the forum charter. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bermuda

Hi , finally got a date for my driving test at Tallaght! ( yea..and now the nervousness kicks in.......)

Can anyone pls recommend an instructor that they have used for the test at Tallaght ( :) and passed!); would also be using the instructors' car for the test itself.

Pls pm me.

Thank you so very much .......

( fingers crossed...really really want to pass it the first time!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daresie

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in the Harold's Cross / Kimmage / Rathmines area? Need a few pretest lessons for attempt no 2!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hi
    Live in Newbridge, test in Naas in one month's time.

Have limited driving experience. Know the basics and that's it. Looking for an instructor in the Naas / Newbridge area.

Not sure if I've left myself enough time and obviously can seek deferral but would rather sit it in April.
    I suppose the instructor could make an assessment fairly fast and decide whether I'm ready or not.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tommie Kelly

Who is the best instructor in Dundalk, had a guy but failed two tests with him, looking for a new outlook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hannah_Ireland

Looking for a driving instructor in Dundrum area. Not a confident driver at all so really need someone good - help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hannah_Ireland

Looking for a driving instructor recommendation in Dundrum area. Not a confident driver at all so really need someone good - help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Maconkey

bermuda wrote: »
    Hi , finally got a date for my driving test at Tallaght! ( yea..and now the nervousness kicks in.......)

Can anyone pls recommend an instructor that they have used for the test at Tallaght ( :) and passed!); would also be using the instructors' car for the test itself.

Pls pm me.

Thank you so very much .......

( fingers crossed...really really want to pass it the first time!).

Also looking for the above, any help... appreciated ;)

Cheers
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

Hi Everyone

Looking for a good driving instructor to start lessons in the Laois area

Mother had a nice one a few years back, cant remember her name, She was with the ISM but went privately after that, if anyone knows of her give us a shout! :D

Cheers!

Jason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Threads merged. Jason please read the forum charter and the rules at the beginning of this thread. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

Threads merged. Jason please read the forum charter and the rules at the beginning of this thread. Thanks

Apologies

Will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dennisthemenace

Anyone know a good driving instructor in Rathfarnham area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Ditto, if anyone has a good instructor for the Tallaght area, please PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sharikitten

Hi,

I'm looking for a reliable recommendation of a Driving Instructor in South Dublin, specifically covering the Kilmainham area.
    I'm due to do my test in Churchtown in May & although I've been driving for 2 months I feel I am not improving with any speed.
    I've been taking lessons with a well known driving school (I won't name them here, but PM me if you want a warning) but I'm not keen to stay with them as I'm not progressing very fast, their customer service is awful & the lessons are super expensive (€55 per hour).
    A friend recommended a smaller driving school that are ADI/RSA approved/registered (I don't think I can name them here) and I was picking up the phone to ring them when I found some dodgey comments about them online...
    So I'm looking for a personal recommendation of a reliable, ADI approved instructor who can handle a VERY nervous driver.
    I can take lessons in the instructors car or my own.

Thanks so much for any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sharikitten

eldanne wrote: »
    I have an excellent driving instructor whom I can recommend if you are interested who covers all of Dublin area

Hi Eldanne,
    I'm just getting the hang of this Boards stuff, but would be v grateful if you could PM me this recommended instructor's contact details and also why you would rate them? I've already had some bad luck so I'm looking for someone reliable.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cat03

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in the Palmerstown area.

I have previously started learning to drive but just lost confidence and would like to start again.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am looking to take driving lessons for a first time learner.
    I live in Dublin 5 area (Donnycarney)

Anyone with recommendations or an instructor, feel free to pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anouk

I've failed the driving test in Rathgar three times - twice last Summer and once about two years previously. I think my main problem is nerves so I'm looking for an instructor who will give me a difficult pre-test - who will replicate as much as possible the conditions of the test and pick up on all my faults. Any pre-test I've done before has gone fine, I think because the instructor chatted away to me and put me at ease. Any recommendations?

Advertisement