Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK - Avoiding Spoilers?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling its going to be very hard to do.... I was out on Wednesday night so I missed it - I had sky+ed it so I could watch it last night.

Unfortunately I heard all the gory details about the show on several radio stations and websites yesterday, including who lost, by how much and who was fired. It was also on the front of a couple of papers.

If this happens in future, do I have to go underground for the day to avoid spoilers? No radio, no newspapers, no websites...... what do I need to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I sky+ it every week and I try to watch it at night if possible for the reasons above.

It is the threads here that I need to avoid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Yeah, same problem myself. Sky+ed it, but spoilers everywhere today. Lesson is that you should try to watch it the night it is shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well I don't listen to Newstalk or any such daytime radio which helps a fair bit. ;)
    I also don't read the tabloids. FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Neither do I, and neither do I. :)

I was in a newsagents at lunch time yesterday, and I scanned the newspaper shelf to see what was happening in the world (OK, well that could have been avoided). While in the shop, Limericks Live 95 FM was on the loud speakers, and it was part of their hourly news bulletin (even with recession, job losses etc., they still deemed it newsworthy).

I could have run from the shop with my fingers in my ears shouting "la la la la la", but I thought better of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Same happened to me Mr E,was on a tabloidy newspaper website and it was one of their articles- it's happened for the past two weeks actually.

I've tried avoiding spoilers before but it doesn't work. I had recorded the last week of Masterchef and was saving it up for when I had time to watch all the episodes together. Purposely didn't look at any English websites for a few days after the final, but as soon as I had a sneaky peak at one of them they had a big photo of the guy who won. Boo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement