Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Dentist In Cork City

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all – I am hoping someone can recommend a Female dentist in Cork City or Mallow for me please?? Traumatised :eek: even at the thought of going,but its pretty urgent. Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭mountain

there is a lady dentist in Bishopstown, just opposite the Bishopstown bar, Surname is Kenefick, i think her first name is Lynda.

hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Myhairspray

Think there's another one in the Village Shopping Centre in Ballincollig.

If you are dead set on a female dentist, I would check when making the booking as many surgeries have more than one dentist. The lady might not be working on the day you choose to go or alternatively might be fully booked up on that day.

Best advice is to relax. Personally, the gender of my dentist wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Doctor's gender yes but dentist's no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Lydan dentist in Carraigaline have a female dentist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Best advice is to relax. Personally, the gender of my dentist wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Doctor's gender yes but dentist's no.

yea but all that time hes looking inside your mouth he's thinking about shoving his cawk in there. and that thought bothers some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

My own dentist is fantastic, Fiona Twohig, on the south douglas road, just across from the school

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I would reccomend Kearney on 10 Grand Parade,Cork city, i was there yesterday and honesly i have never been to a nicer dentist.
    I dont know her name, she works on tuesdays and thursdays; really nice lady theres a chance her name is clare but i really dont remember.

Honestly made everything so relaxed and was just brilliant, x-rayed my mouth showed me the problem and the reason for the filling and walked me through everything she was doing and i didn't ask for any of it.

Brilliant job, and couldnt be more comfortable in the chair.
    This is more a personal reference than an add incase anyone takes offence, there number is 0214274510

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Female dentist on main street ballincollig just up a couple of doors from where chartbusters use to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

towel401 wrote: »
    yea but all that time hes looking inside your mouth he's thinking about shoving his cawk in there. and that thought bothers some people

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

DM-BM wrote: »
    Are you for real?

no but this is how a lot of wimmins seem to think these days. completely paranoid about stalkers, perverts and the like..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I've had both male and female dentists look inside my mouth and i'm pretty certain i've never been concerned as to what my dentist is thinking as i'm sure they're doing their jobs professionally. Perhaps thats just some twisted fantasy of yours?
    Op, I find that a little sexist. Of course i'll get slated for this, being a man and all.
    Bet if I was to look for a male Dentist as I don't trust female dentists there'd be uproar.
    For the record I was in the dentist twice last week and had both male and female dentists work on me. I was equally comfortable givin the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

This thread is f*cking bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

no but this is how a lot of wimmins seem to think these days. completely paranoid about stalkers, perverts and the like..

what a dumb post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

greenfly wrote: »
    I would reccomend Kearney on 10 Grand Parade,Cork city, i was there yesterday and honesly i have never been to a nicer dentist.
    I dont know her name, she works on tuesdays and thursdays; really nice lady theres a chance her name is clare but i really dont remember.

her name is Nora Kearney, she's my dentist for years now and I must say she's excellent. She treats her patients with respect, easy to talk to (as long as your mouth is wide open:D) and her staff are excellent also, very helpful etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

but all that time hes looking inside your mouth he's thinking about shoving his cawk in there.

Thanks lots - won't be able to get that image out of my head the next time I'm at the dentist. Must look for a female dentist myself now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I go to Kearney also, but I get the Dad. Eamon I think his name is. He's F*cking gas out! Always joking and sh!t. I'd be crapping it going in there but he is quick and puts you at ease. And he got a new drug that actually does helps take away the pain. I was amune to the other **** which always made the dentist a horrific event for me in the past.
    I've never been seen by his daughter but I hear she's good. The staff in there are sound out and if there's any way they can make it cheaper by getting money back for you from the govt they will do it!
    I would say that you'd have a very high chance that the daughter would be looking after you as the Dad has enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

and whats with all da lady bashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Apologies for being a bit off topic. Am a blow-in and can't be assed going all the way up to my own dentist in N.Ireland just for a check-up. How much does a check-up / fillings etc cost here on average? I'll be paying myself.

Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Max001 wrote: »
    Apologies for being a bit off topic. Am a blow-in and can't be assed going all the way up to my own dentist in N.Ireland just for a check-up. How much does a check-up / fillings etc cost here on average? I'll be paying myself.

Cheers! :D

Normally a filling is €80 Not sure about the check up cause that's paid for by govt. Well, by your taxes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Cant understand why you need a female dentist?

Diarmuid linnehan in mallow is a top dentist!

Advertisement