Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTDs?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else finding themselves crashing a LOT more with the current patch? Last night I had 3 in an hour, the night before 5 within about 2 1/2 hours. Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is anyone else finding themselves crashing a LOT more with the current patch? Last night I had 3 in an hour, the night before 5 within about 2 1/2 hours. Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the same?

By new patch do you mean the larger patch of 1.2 or the more recent hotfixes. Either way, I haven't seen any myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I'm not sure. Its only started cropping up after the slayer / choppa event ended. I know there was some patch update at that point .. probably hotfixes, now that I think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I've been getting regular lockups/crashes...these only started in the last two weeks or so.

They seem to be affecting me mostly in RvR, but not always. Saturday I had 3 crashes within 5 minutes, trying to fight at one of the keeps in the Chaos Wastes. I'd say I'm averaging 20-30 minutes game time at the moment before a crash occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

My game constantly crashes, but usually its due to a graphic driver corrupting if I try to move in the first 5 minutes of logging in.

Haven't ever crashed out due to the game since about a month after release, game is quite stable for me. Must be just lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As a general suggestions, I'd say delete the contents of the cache folder. Some people have reported stability and speed improvements by doing this.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Advertisement