Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy Xbox

• 03-04-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

just bought a xbox 360 and the noise is driving me mad. Did anyone tried to put in better fans? Which ones did you put in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Are you sure it's noise from the xbox or could it be noise from the CD drive? If it's the latter then you can install games to the hard drive which will get rid of the need to read from the CD (and thus the CD drive noise).

It's also entirely possible you're sitting too close to the 360, it's no noisier than the Wii I've got if you ask me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Are you sure it's noise from the xbox or could it be noise from the CD drive? If it's the latter then you can install games to the hard drive which will get rid of the need to read from the CD (and thus the CD drive noise).

It's also entirely possible you're sitting too close to the 360, it's no noisier than the Wii I've got if you ask me :)

I've got the wii too and that one is much quieter, not sitting very close since I play on 40":D I played from the hard drive and indeed it's much quieter so thanks for that.

Still think the fans are to noisy though!! My com has more fans with a lot less noise! (and I sit next to that:D)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I reckon you have a newish xbox, I have two 360's one is roughly 2years old (no HDMI) which is fairly quiet and I bought a new arcade for 100squids over xmas and it is way way louder. Its so loud in fact that the missus wont let me play it when were in bed cos it keeps her awake, and thats with the tv on mute and the console would be a good 20feet from the bed. IMO the newer boxes have much more efficient fans in them to stop the 3Rings, hence the extra noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Eh, you get used to it.

allybhoy wrote: »
    I reckon you have a newish xbox, I have two 360's one is roughly 2years old (no HDMI) which is fairly quiet and I bought a new arcade for 100squids over xmas and it is way way louder. Its so loud in fact that the missus wont let me play it when were in bed cos it keeps her awake, and thats with the tv on mute and the console would be a good 20feet from the bed. IMO the newer boxes have much more efficient fans in them to stop the 3Rings, hence the extra noise.

yep we have to put the telly up not to hear the noise, I wanted to replace the fans with quieter ones like I have in my PC. Just wondered if anyone had done that before.
    Eh, you get used to it.

I still didn't get used to it. I think it's unreal when you spend €200+ on a console I should get used to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Well if it makes you feel any better it should Red Ring any day, then it will be quiet when it's not working.

****ing M$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

WellyJ wrote: »
    Well if it makes you feel any better it should Red Ring any day, then it will be quiet when it's not working.

****ing M$

Your console in sunny Deutschland aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

No actually my third one is going strong :rolleyes:

Probably because I don't use it much anymore, PS3 has taken the throne in my house.

hope not because I had to take the drive out so my waranty is foid!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Times like this Im glad i have a ps3.(And an xbox which I never use because well the ps3 does everything I need it to do)

My PS3 is as quite as any other console (Same sound level as the ps2 imo which is very quiet).
    The xbox on the other hand is deafening after its played for a good while and temperatures start to rise

• Advertisement

Times like this Im glad i have a ps3.(And an xbox which I never use because well the ps3 does everything I need it to do)

My PS3 is as quite as any other console (Same sound level as the ps2 imo which is very quiet).
    The xbox on the other hand is deafening after its played for a good while and temperatures start to rise

There are reasons why my choice was an Xbox, can't tell them without being banned. Always had a PS but this time Xbox won. But you are right it is a noisy bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

talismoon whisper - this is the answer. cooler and quieter console.

docentore wrote: »
    talismoon whisper - this is the answer. cooler and quieter console.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!!

Ordered and on it's way to me!!! Thanks again for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There are reasons why my choice was an Xbox, can't tell them without being banned. Always had a PS but this time Xbox won. But you are right it is a noisy bugger.
    You are the electronic form of a few somalians that were in the news

You are the electronic form of a few somalians that were in the news

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

put the fans in and they look cool and are quiet! together with playing from the hardrdive it improved a lot! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dante1979

put the fans in and they look cool and are quiet! together with playing from the hardrdive it improved a lot! Thanks again!

Can you tell me where you got a replacement fan? Mine drive me mad. Only play with good earphones now.

But...If I could get it quieter that would be cool

Advertisement