Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Into history? Have a bit of time on your hands?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

My co-pilot is not always available to join me at Military/re-enactment shows around the country and there are a few coming up soon. The next one is in Enniscorthy on Easter Monday and then another on the May bank holiday in Cork. I am located in North Tipp.
    Basically I need a guy (the wife would not understand if I brought a female). Age unimportant but must be over 20 and under 100. Your duties will be to help me rig up the truck, attend shows and help me de-rig when we return. Great crack is guaranteed at these events and there is never any trouble as most of the guys are ex-military. Splitting the petrol with me is a definite plus but not completely compulsory. I provide uniforms and also camping gear for weekends. Most of these shows would provide free food and free camping facilities.
    As I say age is no barrier but you must be interested in history as you will be surrounded by it.
    Anyone interested please email me at
    tombman100@go.com
    Regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

OK

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Rite its getting closer to the weekend and there has been nobody put forward yet so i think its time somebody got it going. Id like to put this man forward as he is trustworthy, honest, very friendly, has some great camp fire stories and cooks a mean marsh mallow!;)

76864.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭enfeild

Communication is by email thats why you do not see any communication on this page.
    Regards.
    Tom.

This Monday we will be in Enniscorthy with the new volunteer. When we return I will post a photograph of the event.
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Any update

• Advertisement

We gathered at the Cathedral at 10,30 and those there were dressed in the uniforms of the Irish Nationals Volunteers, R.I.C. Flying squad,and Cumann na mBann. Ourselves were kitted out as flying squad with and the usuall weapons, bandoliers, trench coats etc. The parade left the Cathedral after 11 mass and up to the square where there was a ceremony with the army and digatories and a speech. There was photographs taken by the newspapers but not by us poor sods in the rain. It should be in the Enniscorthy Echo or whatever the Enniscorthy paper is. After the cerempny we were treated to tea and sandwiches in the restaurant across the road. and then we left for home. Next gig is the Battle of the Ages in the Agricultural grounds in Cork. We will be dressed as Dutch Army UN and the truck will be flying Dutch insignia and we will drive down on the Saturday morning, camp in the grounds with the Vikings, Velts Romans, WW1 and WW2 lads and head home on the sunday evening.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

enfeild wrote: »
    Thats a fine machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

If you want to see it in the 'flesh' we will be at the Ford and Fordsons show at Rathcormack, just beyond Fermoy this Saturday and Sunday.
    Tom.

Here we are in Duncannon Fort Military Show, it was great fun and a free weekend away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapFXOw34YE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

enfield wrote: »
    Here we are in Duncannon Fort Military Show, it was great fun and a free weekend away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapFXOw34YE
    Good stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭smlballjunkie

Hi All,
    I visited Duncannon Fort with Brendan Kenny on Saturday 5th June and what a great time we had.The amount and range of Equipment, vehicles, uniforms and the depth of knowledge exhibited by those involved was truly awesome.
    This was our 1st time attending and I have to say it was an absolutely brilliant day as evidenced by the large crowd in attendance.
    A special word of thanks to Tom Burnell for his assistance to us on the day.
    Well done one and all

PS: If you are on Facebook check out South Tipperary Military History Society, we have 105 photos of the above weekend on show there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 madmullen58

enfeild wrote: »
    My co-pilot is not always available to join me at Military/re-enactment shows around the country and there are a few coming up soon. The next one is in Enniscorthy on Easter Monday and then another on the May bank holiday in Cork. I am located in North Tipp.
    Basically I need a guy (the wife would not understand if I brought a female). Age unimportant but must be over 20 and under 100. Your duties will be to help me rig up the truck, attend shows and help me de-rig when we return. Great crack is guaranteed at these events and there is never any trouble as most of the guys are ex-military. Splitting the petrol with me is a definite plus but not completely compulsory. I provide uniforms and also camping gear for weekends. Most of these shows would provide free food and free camping facilities.
    As I say age is no barrier but you must be interested in history as you will be surrounded by it.
    Anyone interested please email me at
    tombman100@go.com
    Regards.
    Tom.

Well Tom!

Hey iv a big interest in the military world and dont ever be stuck if you need a hand getting the kit reaedy for a show or anything, would be glad to give a hand!!
    Might not be able to attend all the shows but could help out behind the scene!

Many thanks for your kind offer but the position was filled shortly after listing the request here. If you are interested in these re-enactment clubs just go to any of the shows and join whichever theme or historical period club you like. Its all very friendly but messing messing is tolerated.
    Look on utube for the show in Duncannon and Leopardstown over the last two days, also google for pictures.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL5ma0gtQnM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcytpW4a30&NR=1

Regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 madmullen58

Tom thats no problem at all, saw you at the show in Duncannon last year minus Kevin G!!!!!!

Advertisement