Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland - Week 5

Options
  • 03-04-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭

UCD -V- Kildare County

It’s top versus bottom in the First Division and it’s hard to see past an easy home win for this one. UCD beat Fingal away 1-0 and Fingal beat this lot 8-0 last week so that's a plus. UCD have a striker who has scored 5 goals in 4 games - Kilduff I think his name is so that's another plus. UCD have a 100% strike rate so far. They are a young side with plenty of enthusiasm so will want to try score as many goals as possible. I'd be worried if they were a more experienced side who would be happy to sit back and score on the counter attack.

Last month I was down in Newbridge for the Shels Kildare friendly and we stuffed them 5-1 without breaking a sweat. We also made 11 subs against them and still looked comfortable. They have a centre half who wouldn't look out of place riding a horse, he's no taller than 5 foot. Kildare were brought into this division at the last minute, they were expecting to be in the A Championship which doesn't start till June so they had to get any sort of player they could get their hands on.

The only negative I can think of is this is UCD afterall.

Kildare have lost their last 3 games 8-0, 4-0, and 3-1. I’m on UCD HT/FT @ 4/5 with Hills. Though this price is now gone but you can still get UCD to win both halves @ 13/8.

Bohemians -V- Cork City

Bohs once again look like they could be winning the league so another home win looks like once again. Judging by Bohs accounts they could be ****ed soon so it’s up to us to try make money from them before they go bust. I haven’t got much reasoning as to why I should be backing Bohs except that they are much stronger than Cork, who’ll be happy with a draw. I’m backing Bohs @ an average of 1.85 on Betfair, you can get 5/6 with Victor Chandler.

Drogheda United -v- Shamrock Rovers

The side that Matthews has assembled ain't bad and they are doing a decent job considering. Granted they haven't score yet but they are not conceding many either. Although Dundalk did put 3 past them 2 of them were from the spot. I won't be surprised if Drogs get their first point(s) of the season next Friday.

Bray -V- St Pats

Kenna will have to plan without Gary Dempsey and top scorer Mark Leech for next few months. Both suffered lower leg breaks in the Dundalk game and will miss the next three months at a minimum. These are big loses to away side in the creativity department. They will find it hard breaking down Bray at home and the home side would be happy to take a draw from this one.

I don’t fancy Pats or Rovers this weekend so I’ll be placing a lay double on them with Belfair @ 3.1

Selections:

UCD HT/FT @ 4/5 with Hills - 3pts. Though this price is now gone but you can still get UCD to win both halves @ 13/8.

Bohs @ 1.85 with Betfair - 2pts

Laying Rovers & Pats double @ 3.1 with Betfair 1pt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1583/

some good tips on here

also Drogheda have a point, so technically theyl be adding to that...id fancy them for a win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Went with Derry city draw 5/2 Hills with Utd win 4/11 in double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Got the UCD Fingal double early in the week paying 2.04
    Hit it enough that they seized betting on it and went into 1.63 (lower now). The reasons for these bets are self explanatory (Harps drew with kildare 1-1 this season already)

Also like Shels away to Mervue and Derry at home. Mervue play at terryland park (technically not their home ground) which is a lovely footballing pitch, and imo mervue are the 2nd worst team in the league, shels will open them up well. with 8/15 available on shels it looks good.
    Derry at home to a vibrant galway, with 8/11 on Derry and the need to start picking up points id imagine Galway will be leaving the brandywell with no points to speak of.

Like waterford at home tomoro too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Raheny Red wrote: »
    Selections:

UCD HT/FT @ 4/5 with Hills - 3pts. Though this price is now gone but you can still get UCD to win both halves @ 13/8. :)

Bohs @ 1.85 with Betfair - 2pts:(

Laying Rovers & Pats double @ 3.1 with Betfair 1pt:)

Fantastic night. Would have been special if Bohs won but can't complain with the above.

Roll on Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1583/

some good tips on here

also Drogheda have a point, so technically theyl be adding to that...id fancy them for a win...
    I've stopped reading that now, the guy simply doesn't have a clue. Who the **** has a 2-2 scoreline as their bet of the week?:confused: I can see that column becoming a laughing stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

He picks a bet for every game of the weekend in the Premier Division and First Division! That's ridiculous if he is putting money down on every single selection. You'd be bust in no time.

Advertisement