Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone live on Cork St, D8?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

Considering renting an apartment here, i like the location is so close to town, i know its not the MOST upmarket area but is it ok? The apartment is in a gated complex, it would be two females living together and we'd taxi home at night-time.

I really like the place but someone just advised me not to do it.

Any advice from people who are living / have lived there?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i lived around there and absolutely loved it.

my mate is living there now for the last 3 years and wouldnt live anywhere else

its a great area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Is it not a bit dodge I taught?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

No,I wouldn't have thought it was dodgy,unless of course you plan to hang around the streets all day. Dolphins barn had a bad rep for a long time, I pass daily and don't see 1% of the scum I used to see say 5 or 10 years ago. I park on cork street often and the car hasn't been touched,even though a sat nav,radio and data head are in plain view,not to mention my change holder.And, VIP taxi's just beside you,ahem.. perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I lived on Cork st until recently and loved it. Couldn't fault it at all. Have lived in the general area for about 8 years and can't imagine living anywhere else.

I'm a single girl, living on my own and have never had any issues around my safety nor felt unsafe in the area. I often think those who would say otherwise about the area have never lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I live very close by and i love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I live close by, some locals a bit fruity, but no hassle at all, and so close to town.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I grew up there and it's a great spot. Great people and a great location. My mother still lives there and I'm in and out regularly so would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork St. is a great oul spot. I suppose the further up towards Dolphins Barn you go the messy it gets. It's in a great location, etc... Anymore info just ask, I live just around the corner and have so for the last 18 years.;)

Advertisement