Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon restrictions lifted

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Not exactly an issue, but I thought some people might like to know - heard from a friend this morning:

Amazon.co.uk have lifted their delivery restrictions on selling to Ireland, they will now send everything except TVs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can you back it up?

They won't deliver a netbook or a bicycle or a watch outside the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep its true, tried to order a weights set last week but it would not go through because they said it was to heavy to be delivered outside the UK. Just tried there and it worked.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Perfect! Thanks!!

This was a source of much rip-offs between sterling and euro prices on their uk and irish sites respectively!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They lost me as a customer for books to Book Depository, Cds and DVDs to Play.com, and electronics to Komplett and Dabs. Well done Amazon, a really clever play.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    This was a source of much rip-offs between sterling and euro prices on their uk and irish sites respectively!!
    I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't have an Irish site. If you're talking about ShopIreland, that's not Amazon, it's a reseller on commission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

This would suggest that Amazon themselves have registered for the weee scheme in Ireland. It excludes non amazon owned stores taht sell through amazon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

No chance that we can by mp3's from them is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

Nice one OP, just read the link as well.
    Still no joys for a mobile phone buyer, is it?:(

"Mobile phones

Amazon.co.uk: United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Cactus Col wrote: »
    No chance that we can by mp3's from them is there?

Not yet, as far as I can see :( Is there any chance that it might change in the future, does anyone know? Much better value than Itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pity everybody in the country is now skint. I wonder if they can send us some soup.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Feckers still don't accept Laser/Maestro. They only accept Solo/Maestro :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

dahamsta wrote: »
    They lost me as a customer for books to Book Depository, Cds and DVDs to Play.com, and electronics to Komplett and Dabs. Well done Amazon, a really clever play.

I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't have an Irish site. If you're talking about ShopIreland, that's not Amazon, it's a reseller on commission.

Ah. Touché!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

lots of the products I've tried all say delivery only within the UK

Camera's, memory cards, media players,hard drives and HDMI cables:confused:

What exactly did they change as all electronic items are still the UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

EKRIUQ wrote: »

Are you sure that you aren't trying to buy from a private seller on amazon market place?They still have their individual delivery restrictions in place.

I tried adding most of the items that you mentioned to my basket and they were accepted for Irish delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

EKRIUQ wrote: »

They don't seem to have updated their system when it comes to that warning. However, I just put through an order for earphones, and despite the main page saying it only gets delivered to the UK, I was able to put through the order (previously, at the checkout stage, upon choosing an Irish address, I'd get an error message saying I couldn't get the order delivered to Ireland).

So it does look like everything is working - they just haven't updated everything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Considering the number of queries they've had over the years this restriction has been in place, it wouldn't have struck me as being OTT to e-mail their irish customers about its lifting....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Probably will when they get the kinks out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

dotsman wrote: »
    However, I just put through an order for earphones, and despite the main page saying it only gets delivered to the UK, I was able to put through the order (previously, at the checkout stage, upon choosing an Irish address, I'd get an error message saying I couldn't get the order delivered to Ireland).

So it does look like everything is working - they just haven't updated everything yet.

I'm getting the same message when trying to purchase a head unit and cannot get passed it so it doesn't look like it's working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

how rich of them, they must be feeling the pinch now so they lift restrictions and hope the paddies will come running back to them...not a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

By the looks of it a lot of them did, which just goes to show...

• Advertisement
Advertisement