Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPoker 'This user is already logged on' BS

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Lately have got disconnected from iPoker a few times, I don't think it's my connection(I suspect when I use realplayer it can impact on my ipoker connection sometimes), but anyway when I try to log back in I get the dreaded 'This user is already logged on' message. Used to get that message virtually everytime I got disconnected before, hadn't got it in a while. Anyway this BS(along with other iPoker glitches) has been going on for years, it's so friggin infuriating, just when you're on a rush to get back on the site, you get this crap preventing you. I woulda thought it should have been well sorted by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

luckylucky wrote: »
    Lately have got disconnected from iPoker a few times, I don't think it's my connection(I suspect when I use realplayer it can impact on my ipoker connection sometimes), but anyway when I try to log back in I get the dreaded 'This user is already logged on' message. Used to get that message virtually everytime I got disconnected before, hadn't got it in a while. Anyway this BS(along with other iPoker glitches) has been going on for years, it's so friggin infuriating, just when you're on a rush to get back on the site, you get this crap preventing you. I woulda thought it should have been well sorted by now.

I have a problem with my internet connection at the moment and get disconnected somewhat regularly. The 'This user is already logged on' message really annoys the fcuk out of me, and it seems to take ages to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Wreck wrote: »
    it seems to take ages to get back in.

Yeah it does. I think it seems to be quicker if you leave it for a while before you try to get back in instaed of trying again and again to get back on, of course that goes against the natural instinct to want to hurry back on before you are timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

You have to leave it about 40 seconds before logging back in.

Also, uninstall real player. It's the ipoker of media players

ocallagh wrote: »

lmfao.

Seriously, is it known to cause problems?
    I've noticed that there seems to be a corrolation between the times I have it on and I get disconnections (even though my actual broadband connection itself doesn't go down) just from certain applications like msn and ipoker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

iPoker must die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

luckylucky wrote: »
    lmfao.

Seriously, is it known to cause problems?

Yea its rubbish, VLC player ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

in before "there are no problems at our end or with our software, it must be a problem with your connection."

RoundTower wrote: »
    in before "there are no problems at our end or with our software, it must be a problem with your connection."

to be fair this one time the disconnection issue just might be on my end because of realplayer, but still that poxy error message preventing you from getting back on should have been sorted out years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Playing i poker is a joke you get yer tank in with the nuts and you pay you dont get disconnected pathetic.

If your on a cash table and get booted for 60 secs you then are out of the game and have to join a waiting list.
    I have never had problems connection wise with any other sites that shyte is onlya liability to my saneness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm just getting disconnected every 5 minutes. Not getting the same message, just getting a no response from poker server one.
    Site is unplayable today.

Got the following response from a manager:
    VC Manager wrote:
    We are sorry for the recent disconnections. We are the target of a DDOS attack (denial-of-service attack). DDOS is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to the customer. Perpetrators of DOS are typically gambling sites during big events such as the Grand National. We are trying our best to mitigate the connection problems and we apologize for any inconvenience experienced

When I asked would they send an email out when its sorted I got the response
    VC Manager wrote:
    Sorry we do not do that

:eek: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

wtf @ gambling sites being perpetrators of DDOS attacks. Which 1337 klAn 0f gAm61ing h4xx0rz attacked VC this time? Was it betfair? Maybe PPP, in a little internecine rivalry on the ipoker network? That would at least explain what the programming staff spend their time doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Surely that was a typo/brain fart? I'd imagine they meant victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yea its rubbish, VLC player ftw

What this man said. VLC player is awesome.

Real Player is a heap of garbage. And it has an annoying tendency to pop up randomly. VLC is easy to use, and plays a lot of formats.

Surely that was a typo/brain fart? I'd imagine they meant victims.

I'd imagine the "manager" doesn't know the meanings of the words perpetrator, mitigate, or DDOS.

Most likely there was a memo sent round to update the staff on what should be the latest excuse for bad service. You were lucky to get an agent literate enough to actually read the memo, even if he would have failed the Junior Cert Ordinary Level English Paper because he couldn't rephrase the paragraph in his own words. If you get even luckier, maybe next time you'll get a guy who knows the rules of poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

ocallagh wrote: »
    You have to leave it about 40 seconds before logging back in.

That's a low blow........ for real player.

http://www.codecguide.com/download_real.htm

For all your real player needs, without the real player, it's basically windows media player classic that supports Real format files.

Enjoy! (oh extra tip, use your num pad to adjust video screen size and angles etc)

Advertisement