Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 HDMI cable (real-life)

• 03-04-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Having now bought 2 cables for my Xbox 360 (VGA and HDMI) off eBay only to find they're duds, I'm going to try a real-life shop this time. The cheapest I've seen is €29.99 in HMV - does anyone know of any cheaper?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you're looking for any hdmi cable(And all hdmi cables work with the 360), argos have one for 8e. Its a fairly short one though so also have a look in tesco. They should have decent length ones for less than 10e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Zonda999 wrote: »
    If you're looking for any hdmi cable(And all hdmi cables work with the 360), argos have one for 8e. Its a fairly short one though so also have a look in tesco. They should have decent length ones for less than 10e

Sorry, I should be specific and mean I want one that comes with the optical out audio adaptor.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

O right fair enough, i havent seen them in many places to be honest and i imagine the demand for them would be pretty small. To come to think of it, 30e for one in hmv doesn't sound too bad because its rrp is 45e afaik. Its 25£ on amazon uk so i guess if you just want to get it in a shop, you probably wont do better than 30e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

what about aldi lidl thay have hdmi for 8 euro gold plated one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

what about aldi lidl thay have hdmi for 8 euro gold plated one
    He specifically wants one with optical out aswell..

OP you could just get a hdmi dvd player that has hdmi in of course, it would be alot easier to find.

OPTICAL OUT TO SOUND SYSTEM
    XBOX HDMI ->HDMI DVD PLAYER /
    \
    HDMI OUT TO TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Zonda999 wrote: »
    O right fair enough, i havent seen them in many places to be honest and i imagine the demand for them would be pretty small. To come to think of it, 30e for one in hmv doesn't sound too bad because its rrp is 45e afaik. Its 25£ on amazon uk so i guess if you just want to get it in a shop, you probably wont do better than 30e.

Actually, turns out the one in HMV is _just_ the HDMI cable - no audio adaptor. Rip-off!

P.

Advertisement