Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broke, situation with agency lease.

Options
  • 03-04-2009 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Well I'm in a bit of bother with the finances as is everybody. I was renting an apartment for the past year barely scraping it for the past few months, and now there is one month and a few days left on the lease. The rent has not been paid this month because the money is not there to meet the standing order.
    My query is this. The chance of not getting my deposit back for an apartment that was given to me initially in dirty condition is a big risk for me. How can I use the money they have as my deposit to pay the last months rent? Or should I just vacate the apartment now and call them to say the keys are in the post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

depends on your lease - a lot of leases expressly prevent using your deposit as last months rent. but as pervious poster said - talk to agent. If the house is in good nick, and they would normally return the deposit, they may agree to let you use the deposit for the final month. there is no way to know until you ask

good luck

Advertisement