Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help how do i get rid of scratche from CDs

Options
  • 03-04-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Some of my favourite cds are scratched and i would love to fix them has anyone got any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm not being smart but did you Google it? There are loads of guides on how to recover scratched discs:

http://www.google.ie/search?q=cd+repair&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

If the disc has deep scratches then you probably won't be able to repair them. If they are light scratches then that's better and you might be able to repair some or indeed all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Get a cloth, put some plain white toothpaste on it and wipe the cd from the inner circle to the rim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I said that already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm sure Smyths Toystore do cd repairs for around a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm sure Smyths Toystore do cd repairs for around a fiver
    Thanks everyone thats great. They can't get anymore damaged than they are so will give it a try tonight. I will let you know how i get on. If anyone else is reading this don't try it until i report back i would hate for the discs to be damaged. I will be online tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Not trying to be a smartarse but put them back in their case when you're not using them and they won't get scratched in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

John wrote: »
    Not trying to be a smartarse but put them back in their case when you're not using them and they won't get scratched in the first place.
    cheers for that but I am a bit untidy and have a bad habit of chucking the cd to the side after listening to it. Hey even if you do that they tend to get scratched.

On another note; everyone sorry to get back to you so late but lost the thread. Tried the toothpaste on the cd and it didnt seem to make a difference. Don't think it works but i probably didn't read the instructions properly.

:)

Advertisement