Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a phone for 200 yoyos

• 03-04-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

currently got and motorola rokr z6 and while i loved it have it for year and and a half its run its course the buttons are falling off and its getting very slow even though ive transferred all the media files off it. I want a new phone and got €200 euro to spend want somethin with a nice interface and good camera.....

hit me with your suggestions pls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

brmccfc wrote: »
    currently got and motorola rokr z6 and while i loved it have it for year and and a half its run its course the buttons are falling off and its getting very slow even though ive transferred all the media files off it. I want a new phone and got €200 euro to spend want somethin with a nice interface and good camera.....

For starters, the LG Cookie and Viewty are on Meteor online for €129.99 and €169.99 respectively.

What network are you on, as it will help us help you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Only if you have a look at this. :)

The more info you give us, the easier it will be to recommend a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sorry give some more info...I'm with meteor pay as you go. some of the main features i would be interested in would be a quality camera and stereo bluetooth but the stereo bluetooth isn't essential. i dont mind either flip or slider but have a slight preference for slider but not interested in touch screen.

sorry give some more info...I'm with meteor pay as you go. some of the main features i would be interested in would be a quality camera and stereo bluetooth but the stereo bluetooth isn't essential. i dont mind either flip or slider but have a slight preference for slider but not interested in touch screen.

Meteor have the Sony Ericsson W595i for €169.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Vodaphone $100 retail $ +++

The smasung Pixon

It is a 8 mega pixel camera that takes high quality photographs, They compete with compact digital cameras, they are of a very high quality especially the night view which is when you will find it most useful during nightlife.The camera is also of high technological value with panorama, auto smile detect..etc.

It has geo-tagging and A-gps and GPS and google maps and song recognition and radio(media player) and very high quality Audio.

It is touch screen with accelerator.

• Advertisement

pirelli wrote: »
    Vodaphone $100 retail $ +++

The smasung Pixon

It is a 8 mega pixel camera that takes high quality photographs, They compete with compact digital cameras, they are of a very high quality especially the night view which is when you will find it most useful during nightlife.The camera is also of high technological value with panorama, auto smile detect..etc.

It has geo-tagging and A-gps and GPS and google maps and song recognition and radio(media player) and very high quality Audio.

It is touch screen with accelerator.
    The Samsung Pixon is €419.99 on Vodafone prepay and is a touchscreen handset; which the user isn't looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Nokia 6220 classic 199, Sonyericsson C510 179 or Sonyericsson W595 149 all on 3Pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Walkman wrote: »
    Nokia 6220 classic 199 or Sonyericsson W595 149 all on 3Pay.

+1 for those two.

Viewty is great for <€200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

E51 unlocked. probably less now. the camera has a slightly green tint on it but recent firmware might have fixed that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The Samsung Pixon is €419.99 on Vodafone prepay and is a touchscreen handset; which the user isn't looking for.

Yes well it is 100 euros sign up and does have the best camera on the market, the user is looking for a camera.I was working off the Opening post, and it was only after writing up my post that OP had mentioned that touch screen was not being considered.
    ( at least that is all I paid, its 3 times as much now )
    The Nokia E75 in design would suit the OP if purchased on bill pay.
    (not specified)

Also this little number would be ideal
    Nokia N95
    https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=100166&offerSelected=postpaidnew&action=view
    #

16m colour TFT screen
    5 Megapixel Digital Camera
    8GB of Internal Memory
    Bluetooth technology
    GPS (Global Positioning System) enabled

• Advertisement
Advertisement