Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riot in clondalkin

• 03-04-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Anyone here about this.. went to the bank at lunch, stuck in traffic for most of my lunch thanks to riots around clondalkin... anyone know anything about it? or what its about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

While sitting in traffic, a convoy of about 14 garda cars(marked and unmarked) & vans followed by 2 or 3 ambulances flew past..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Dam thats insane... where abouts in Clondalkin did it happen?

By Main St, the Mill, Boot Rd?

Not many places were emergency vehicles can get through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Dam thats insane... where abouts in Clondalkin did it happen?

By Main St, the Mill, Boot Rd?

Not many places were emergency vehicles can get through...

I'm not sure where the riot was but the covoy flew past me on orchard lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

just on newstalk, number of people involved in a riot in oldcastle area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/national-news/riots-involving-40-people-in-dublin-1697776.html

Not much information there either. Why would people riot in clondalkin of all places? Very odd indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Weird, anyone hear anything about it?
    Apparently is around grange castle road near the halting site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

30 or 40 people some armed with 'missiles' rioting ,gardai trying to get it under control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

hobochris wrote: »
    While sitting in traffic, a convoy of about 14 garda cars(marked and unmarked) & vans followed by 2 or 3 ambulances flew past..

Hover cars eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

[Mod hat on]

Okay we've had Clondalkin bashing and Traveller bashing. Enough. Let's stick to the facts if we have any please. Thanks in advance :)

[/Mod hat on]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Aren't you a bit late with that? i coulda sworn this was left as is on Friday...

Aren't you a bit late with that? i coulda sworn this was left as is on Friday...

Yeah and not one reported post by anybody, including you, to let me know this was happening. I have a job and a life outside boards.ie and that means I'm not on my forums 24/7. I was on boards on Friday night but missed this thread. There is a function to report posts so if anyone sees anything they don't like then they can hit the 'report post' button and it'll come to my attention or the attention of the other forum mods if I'm not around.

Also, the first couple of posts came from AH, that I can forgive. As it is, I've not handed out infractions or bans. Now that the warning is there however people have had their chance. I'll tidy this thread now that I have some time.

To anyone who posted on this thread. The charter has been updated, please read it or you risk (temporarily) losing access to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It was a traveller feud
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-swoop-in-traveller-site-feud-seized-in-standoff-1698028.html
    including photos of gardai carrying some scary weapons seized at the scene.

Advertisement