Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best budget cider??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'd say so. In fact it's probably true of virtually all so-called "premium" (ie advertised on telly) mass-produced drinks. They try to avoid "brand devaluation", which most famously happened to Stella Artois in the UK: 29p a bottle and it becomes "Wife Beater". So they artificially inflate the price of the likes of Bulmers (and Guinness, and Heineken, and Bud, and Carlsberg, and Miller, and Coors Light) to make it seem like they're high-class brands; or at least to stop them seeming like the opposite.
    True that but the price difference between pints and cans is bordering on the ridiculous at this stage... Devil's Bit is always a good shout for cheap cider 4 cans for E6 in most places!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Dont really drink amassive amount of cider these days but my preference was always either Linden Village or Strongbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

cavedave wrote: »
    Cidre de Récoltant Antoinette - Duché de Longueville is great i got it in McHugh's off license in Kilbarack
    http://www.nicolas.com/en/178_439_54_cidrederecoltantantoinetteduchedelongueville.htm
    I tried this last night and was really impressed. Its much easier to drink than any other cider i've had and it didnt give me any hangover. Its really expensive though, €10 for 2 750ml bottles. Has anyone else tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Inchs Stonehouse gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Aldi's Taurus cider is tolerable and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 darst

right so i know the story between british bulmers and irish bulmers(magners) but they both also have strongbow brand. question is , is that a joint venture or is it seprate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Strongbow/HP Bulmers was part of Scottish & Newcastle, and therefore now belongs to Heineken. In Ireland, the brand was managed by S&N's Irish branch, Beamish & Crawford. I assumed they actually made the stuff, though. Where did you see that C&C (Bulmers/Magners) own it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Can you buy Scrumpy Jack in Ireland?

They sold that at the bar at DWCON, "Pleasant" memories.........

Advertisement