Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Den - Choose your dream team

Options
  • 03-04-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

With all the complaints about the present crew, who do you think should be on the team of Dragons. Have to be Irish and successful (well at least well known) at business I spose as a prerequisite.

Bertie Ahearne: Bring him on board as yer director. He will sail through the good times, and resign just before the bad times.

Michael O'Leary: "You're dithering, I dont like your idea, I dont like you ... shut up. You're after bringing too much baggage up the stairs, and you used the toiled on the way up, so I'll be charging you for that."

Michael "Fingers" Fingleton: I guess he'll be looking for a job soon after they retire him out of the bank, kicking and screaming. Watch out for that clause that ensures that he gets a million euro even if the share price goes down by 100 % in any year.

Seany Fitzpatrick: Not currently in employment, we might get him on the cheap. Thought I think any people looking for investment from him would be more worried about what money he would take out of the company once he got a foot in the door.

That's the best I can do at short notice. This news about Sheana keane being bullied is taking up all my time today. ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

O'Leary is a good call, I'd say he'd be a shrewd investor, and wouldn't take any BS.

Bill Cullen wouldn't be bad either.

I hope they do some new Dragons next year (ones with a wider range of interests).

"That has nothing to do with Black Ties or Dress hire, so I'm out."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well Mr E, after such a poor take up on this thread, I will not be bringing this idea to the Dragon's Den.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think there is a lack of millionaires in Ireland that have the liathroidi to invest while in a recession. For that reason, I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for your presentation. I'm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Even though I specalise in getting Millionare invertors onto irish televison and your pitch and finances are perfect..... I like you but I'm not going to invest. I'm Out.

Anyway, The only one I like anyway in the show is Gavin Duffy and I thought beforehand He'd be the one I couldn't stand because he came across as a prick on the apprentice.

That bloody one who sold a website to make her money just annoys me. I mean why not have someone who won the lotto on it. It's pretty much the same thing.

I'd imagine the truly charamatic people where approached for this but thought better of it which would surprise me considering how well the popular dragons over in the UK have done out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement