Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Love Kiko kissing the camera there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Phew! What a stressful half hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

My nerves are in bits !

WE SHALL NOT

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

WE SHALL NOT

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Have that Pool!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It was such a Torres-esque goal. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Holsten wrote: »
    Where'd that 5 minutes Fergie time come from? Joke.

that is true.

??????

5 minutes......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Great Game Well done utd from a pool fan exciting stuff good weekend of footie in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Villain wrote: »

Pool fans loved us 20 mins ago bet they don't now,

I didnt. I knew we coldnt trust you with **** all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Headshot wrote: »
    I always said iv high hopes for Kiko

today shows everyone what i ment

omfg

yesssssssssssss

im nearly in tears here

same. on everything.

I am actually crying. The touch. the Finish. The Debut. BAAAAANG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

That might just be the best goal you will see from a 17-year-old in the history of the Premier League. Ryan Giggs finds Federico Macheda inside the Villa box towards the left-hand side, he flicks the ball between his own legs and curls a delicious shot into the far corner past Brad Friedel. Magnificent. New Manchester United hero has just been born. His name is Federico Macheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kinaldo wrote: »
    Why are YOU celebrating? Surely it makes no difference, Pool are as good as Champions, you said it yourself.

I still like to see united win, even if it is futile....

Didn't see United getting anything from the game with the way we were playing and if we had lost it was over imo. Still need to massively up the performances though. have two cup games before we get back to prem action so hopefully this result will put us back on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »
    Tevez looks useless on his own, giggs isnt helping much. Macheda to get the winner.

KIKO!!!!!!!!!! Man I love a good comeback, me feckin heart.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The title race didn't hinge on this match, plenty of mileage left in it. Most liverpool fans i've seen say united firm favourites but good to have a race on. I think united fans are hearing something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

LOL those two goals were world class, we played well

Pool fans loved us 20 mins ago bet they don't now, lol fair play Utd, go on and win it now :D
    If you think that last 20 minutes from Villa was a good performance i guess that's why your supporting a team like Villa and not a top 4 side. Utter bottlers TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Highsider wrote: »
    If you think that last 20 minutes from Villa was a good performance i guess that's why your supporting a team like Villa and not a top 4 side. Utter bottlers TBH.
    lol I know imagine not been a glory hunter!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dcully wrote: »
    Carewwwwwwwwwww to you too mate :)
    I guess this is karma, but ive been waiting to give you this:

We shall not, we shall not be moved.
    :p

• Advertisement

Lol at the United fan who said the title was over after the second Villa goal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

same. on everything.

I am actually crying. The touch. the Finish. The Debut. BAAAAANG!!!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Des wrote: »
    homerjay2005 was on the celebrations there.:)
    he's lookin a bit thin on top!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Onething's certian, I'll be happy never to see that defencive line-up again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thank god for sky+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Macheda u legend!! What a win!! Glory Glory Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Villa stopped playing after they went 2-1 up. I'll hold that against them forever.

Fair play to United, even if they were dreadful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I guess this is karma, but ive been waiting to give you this:

We shall not, we shall not be moved.
    :p

Easy to reply with that now aint it :)
    am gutted but fair play to utd and utter shame to villa bottlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

LOL those two goals were world class, we played well

Pool fans loved us 20 mins ago bet they don't now, lol fair play Utd, go on and win it now :D

No, I was calling ye's bottlers long before uniteds equaliser. Ye's were the better side for alot of the game then the self destruct button was pressed, lashing balls away to nobody rather than holding possession.
    If they had of continued to play they would have got a draw at the very least, uniteds defence was dodgy and there to be taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Viva Macheda, Viva Macheda
    Fergie put Kiko on the pitch
    Oh what a switch!
    Viva Macheda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

redout wrote: »
    That might just be the best goal you will see from a 17-year-old in the history of the Premier League. Ryan Giggs finds Federico Macheda inside the Villa box towards the left-hand side, he flicks the ball between his own legs and curls a delicious shot into the far corner past Brad Friedel. Magnificent. New Manchester United hero has just been born. His name is Federico Macheda.

well, the most impressive one since Rooney's for Everton against Arsenal anyway. And we all know how that turned out.

Old ladies better be wary of Macheda ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

so youre saying you support who you support because they win things... youre in it for the glory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolute guttless rubbish from Villa.

Again, this is bo!!ox. Utd should be able to cope with injuries without using them as excuses.
    A team like Villa will miss Laursen and Bouma. Good performance overall. They just tired in the end

Lol at the United fan who said the title was over after the second Villa goal :pac:

Yep - twas me - with the way we were playing, that is how i felt. delighted we won, hopefully it will be the kick united need - cause we have been crap for the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

spockety wrote: »
    The title race didn't hinge on this match, plenty of mileage left in it. Most liverpool fans i've seen say united firm favourites but good to have a race on. I think united fans are hearing something else?

No, this is pretty much exactly what I've been thinking. Really enjoying this season, I'd prefer to be in a chase with Pool then Chelsea or Arsenal, so much more at stake :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Villa stopped playing after they went 2-1 up. I'll hold that against them forever.

Fair play to United, even if they were dreadful

It's even harder to believe since they have the best manager in the world that can do wonders with any team.:)

Someone needs to teah him how to close out a game.

Easy to reply with that now aint it :)

Yeah it is. You had it coming. So did Mitch Connor lol. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

**** ing hell.

What a comeback.

We were absolute ****e for most of the game, Ronaldo's goal from a set piece from an error was flattering us. Then they went 2-1 up. United brought on Macheda and his general play make a big difference. He created the chance for Ronaldo and he put it away. 2-2.
    But then Tevez was still playing absolute ****e, ****e, and couldnt string a pass together. Fergie brought on Welbeck, who nearly had an instant impact, an inch away from being the hero Macheda is now.
    Then Macheda steps up and makes the difference.

You don't win anything with kids :)

I love the hilarious generalisations people make in threads. If Liverpools win in Istanbul has thought anyone on this forum anything, its that you shouldn't speak too soon [everyone should look at that thread, it's hilarious, my own posts included.

There is one thing I'd say from this match, and its an opinion I've held before, and I'm fairly sure its an opinion that Fergie holds too. Tevez's United career is over. He's just not worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

great win for utd could turn things round for them,but if i were a utd fan id be woried they are shocking poor at the moment

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah it is. It sure is. Almost as easy as you posting for John Carew's goal.

I was patient rather than having a go at you. I got rewarded.

:D Smug as the South Park San Francisco episode.

Never seen it as having a go at eachother, i call it friendly banter.

Back on topic, ive always thought manc would still go on and win title , still do , am jsut happy to be anywhere near the shake up at this stage in the season.

lol at ninja editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

God, I've only recently joined up but have always hated reading these threads.

How can people say Villa bottled it? How come when Pool did the EXACT same thing to Pompey in Fratton Park earlier on in the season and won 3-2 it was all down to Liverpool's brilliance.

Like I said, championship winning teams can't win games all the time with great performances, individual talent can always get you through games.

Also, Ferguson must take credit for his substitutions.

Goal..........

3 - 2

Fuking Legend

Are you watching Liverpool......

Did you enjoy your 22hrs 30mins at the top ? :D

We shall not

We shall not be moved

We shall not

We shall not be moved

Are you watching Liverpool

LoL

Indeeed we are watching. Indeed. We. Are!! For every little slip up, for every poor performance, for every point dropped, indeed we are watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

all united fans thank this post please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

jeebus, that was some finish.no surprise to think a shocking poor team could finish ahead of liverpool.
    i just hate that kind of goading:mad:
    that winner was class, well played United, ye fought well for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote: »

There is one thing I'd say from this match, and its an opinion I've held before, and I'm fairly sure its an opinion that Fergie holds too. Tevez's United career is over. He's just not worth the money.

1+

Helix wrote: »
    so youre saying you support who you support because they win things... youre in it for the glory?
    No i support Liverpool because my dad was born there and brought me there as a kid 3-4 times a season. What i'm saying to you is if you think that performance from Villa was good then i think you have found the right team to support in Villa. They bottled it plain and simple.:)

Elonex wrote: »
    God, I've only recently joined up but have always hated reading these threads.

How can people say Villa bottled it? How come when Pool did the EXACT same thing to Pompey in Fratton Park earlier on in the season and won 3-2 it was all down to Liverpool's brilliance.

wake up man, i doubt you will find any pool fan saying it was brilliance :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PHB wrote: »

You don't win anything with kids :)

Beat me too it.

Now that Utd have finally won a game, will Ferguson drop his pathetic little strop and give a post match interview???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

It's unbelieveable Geoff.....

Couldn't belive my eyes when i saw Kiko comming on, but i was happy shocked not sad, made a few good touches, a nice run and threatening cross down the left, all in all a decent/good debut preformance, but seriously....

That was just sheer natural class that is very rare in football, from anyone not just a 17year old, couldnt be happier for him, hope Kiko gets more oppertunities even when Rooney and Berba are back, good knows hes done enough today to merit them.

Obviously loads of people won't even know who Kiko is but i'd say most people in utd thread have watched him in the academy/reserve games, and recently after his hattrick against the magpies some were calling for his chance in the seniors. Maybe fergie has the thread bookmarked :)

Lets not forget Ronaldos brace as well though, joint top goalscorer in the league now with le sulk, a decent return for someone who is having a dreadful season and [sarcasm]clearly dosnt want to be there[/sarcasm] (anyone see his reaction to the utd fans after he ran is 2/3 of the pitch to the villa corner after kiko's goal?).

Sympathy to the villa fans, at least it looks like your bad run of form is comming to an end.

Keep the red flag flyin high!

• Advertisement

Kiko got man of the match on Sky Sports! :D

Never seen it as having a go at eachother, i call it friendly banter.

Back on topic, ive always thought manc would still go on and win title , still do , am jsut happy to be anywhere near the shake up at this stage in the season.

lol at ninja editing

Yeah, come on how seriously can i take "Carew to you too":p i wasnt here mulling a plan to take you down. Just after the wildness of the moment i thought, haha who was that lad who poked me earlier.

Wouldnt call it ninja editing either, felt i could cap it in less words.

The race is on, and there will be alot more bants to be had before its decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Villa will be pleased enough with that performance I think, given recent results and all, but to call them bottlers is well off.

No way did United deserve to win, but the extra 5 minutes IMO was massive, because once it went up I thought here we go again another late goal coming up and some Villa players might have felt the same given they had played so well in the game for so long, and I'm sure United's players got a massive boost from it, anyhow the race still isn't over, plenty of football left to play etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No i support Liverpool because my dad was born there and brought me there as a kid 3-4 times a season. What i'm saying to you is if you think that performance from Villa was good then i think you have found the right team to support in Villa. They bottled it plain and simple.:)
    Good for you. You and Liverpool deserve each other.

I feel sick & it isn't this hangover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement