Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kiko got man of the match on Sky Sports! :D

just play and just score

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah, come on how seriously can i take "Carew to you too":p i wasnt here mulling a plan to take you down. Just after the wildness of the moment i thought, haha who was that lad who poked me earlier.

Wouldnt call it ninja editing either, felt i could cap it in less words.

The race is on, and there will be alot more bants to be had before its decided.

Hope so i enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Highsider wrote: »
    No i support Liverpool because my dad was born there and brought me there as a kid 3-4 times a season. What i'm saying to you is if you think that performance from Villa was good then i think you have found the right team to support in Villa. They bottled it plain and simple.:)
    Ok so who should I support Utd?? My da supported them??

Get a fecking grip we played well and got beat by 2 class goals. I'd rather go 1-2 up and have a chance with 20 mins to go than put 10 men behind the ball and try and get a 0-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Highsider wrote: »
    What i'm saying to you is if you think that performance from Villa was good then i think you have found the right team to support in Villa

except thats not what you said at all

Some finish by the young lad.

This title race is exciting as fcuk. Roll on next saturday !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Savman wrote: »
    Good for you. You and Liverpool deserve each other.

Way to go Savman, grats on the most intelligent response ever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed. Honestly, anyone who says Villa ****ed it up, tell me what anybody could have done to stop those last two goals. Ronaldo's goal was from the tightest of angles through the defenders legs. Machedas goal was pure unadulterated class. You can't defend against that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dcully wrote: »
    Hope so i enjoyed it :)

Not as much as me:D

* leaves room for Ninjitsu style edit *

HADOUKEN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

what a goal from macheda..delighted for him what a debut for him..
    but jesus we were utter kack.we just looked dead on our feet.hopefully this win will bring back the confidence..but we really just looked wrecked on the pitch there was no bit of drive from us for the first 80minutes..so so lucky

haha they couldn't give macheda the bottle of champagne..

Im soo happy for kiko

deserves his chance and boy did he take it

hopefully he'll get a few more appearances in the 1st team

17 yrs old people omg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

PHB wrote: »
    Indeed. Honestly, anyone who says Villa ****ed it up, tell me what anybody could have done to stop those last two goals. Ronaldo's goal was from the tightest of angles through the defenders legs. Machedas goal was pure unadulterated class. You can't defend against that.

I guess with some people they are so bitter they are not able to appreciate their rivals doing something good, so they get it inside their heads that they were lucky, or the other team bottled it etc just to ease the frustration.

Harpy wrote: »

haha they couldn't give macheda the bottle of champagne..

That's ****ing hilarious!

Its ok PHB we just have glory hunting Pool fans who thought they might finally get another League title with the help of Villa, but now that Utd won Villa are bottlers and sh1t.

Well I'm proud of my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

monkey9 wrote: »
    Indeeed we are watching. Indeed. We. Are!! For every little slip up, for every poor performance, for every point dropped, indeed we are watching

Well dont hold your breath brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You can defend against the build up and stop it getting to the point where people are taking shots from inside your box.

How many teams have the likes of Stoke frustrated?

when you know you havnt the legs to run anymore, you dont run anymore. Park the bus as Jose says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

About time, a voice of reason, some people just need something/somebody to blame. The goals were unstoppable, Villa played some great stuff today, can't fault them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i really would love to see him get some time alright, been reading a lot about him, sounds a very exciting prospect. Always good to have stars brewing for the future, even in competing teams. makes for a good league!

.....Can I take this back please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Villain wrote: »
    Its ok PHB we just have glory hunting Pool fans who thought they might finally get another League title with the help of Villa, but now that Utd won Villa are bottlers and sh1t.

Well I'm proud of my team.

My vote for most stupid post of the year!

Glory hunting fans who havin won the league in 18 years:rolleyes:

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    .....Can I take this back please?

told you rebel

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

That's ****ing hilarious!

The neviller gave it to him though! Well deserved to be honest. Most important goal this season by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I assume what Liverpool fans are trying to say is that when Villa went 2-1 ahead they should have stayed calmer and tried to keep the ball a bit better and maybe even push on for a third. Having said that, I don't personally agree.

My vote for most stupid post of the year!

Glory hunting fans who havin won the league in 18 years:rolleyes:
    Well done for getting the sarcasm in my post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I got a text off my mate (gracehopper)

"Thats why I support United, 17 yr old getting the winner. Fuc'kin Brilliant. Are you watching Mersyside"

Take out the last bit (cas im tired of this bla bla Liverpool poo poo talk) and I couldnt agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That was one of those goals that will just stay in my mind forever. Like Rooney's against Arsenal, or Henry's against ManU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Unearthly wrote: »
    I guess with some people they are so bitter they are not able to appreciate their rivals doing something good, so they get it inside their heads that they were lucky, or the other team bottled it etc just to ease the frustration.

I know, Liverpool fans have been hearing this from Utd fans for years. Check out the Liverpool thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Fenix wrote: »
    Ronaldo to come up with the goods and maybe silence some of the 'sell sell sell'ers.

Would love to see Kiko get a run out but obviously a result comes first.

COME ON UTD.

Yup yup yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fenix wrote: »
    Yup yup yup.

The "sell , sell, sellers" are still ther. £75m could more than compensate for Ronaldo going. Instead of him you could give the rest of the midfield a needed redesign. You can drop the ability in one position while strenghthening the team overall.

He done nothing bar the two goals in fairness. His stinky attitude kicked in again once he ****ed up and we went behind.

throw ur hands in the air
    throw ur hands in the air

monkey9 wrote: »
    I know, Liverpool fans have been hearing this from Utd fans for years. Check out the Liverpool thread

Check this thread from 30mins to 79mins match time.

You get what you give. Thats football at the end of the day.

Yet, after a goal like that i always tend to text my United mates rather than my Liverpool mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Absolutely gutted :( Villa's season has gone from amazing to dismal in a matter of weeks. Hopefully we can bounce back from this bad patch and finish the season in style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wow, just wow. That was bloody epic.

I signed Macheda on loan for Yeovil in FM during the week and when he came on I thought he might conjure something up. What an absolutely stunning finish. Fair play to the lad.

A real test of character for United considering the absentee list.

Just to add, Darren Fletcher was the best player on the park bar none.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I signed Macheda on loan for Yeovil in FM during the week

**** man, nice signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

100% spot on sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Indeed, Fletcher showed why he's a great choice for the big games. Set the tone when he cleared off the line in the first 5 mins.

Headshot wrote: »

In the era of High-Definition that was crap.

Fair play though man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow! That was the equivalent of taking a beautiful woman back to your apartment, thinking it's your lucky day, then she hits you in the balls and runs off....then later she returns and apologises along with her equally beautiful roommate and they both give you the night of your life! Brilliant!

I must say I was sickened when Villa got their second but I believed United could at least get one back. Ronaldo did the business in that sense although I do think his temperament and character were very questionable today. Well done Macheda though. That was a peach of a strike. I also loved him kissing the camera Gerrard-style. What a fecking legend!

Big thumbs up to Sir Alex who had the guts to take off Tevez, even though he worked hard as always I felt he just wasn't at it today (understandable given his travels). Bringing on Macheda and Welbeck was ballsy though and both had chances. Thankfully one of them tucked it away. I also loved his interview afterwards saying that the winner of the Liverpool/Chelsea game would be United's biggest rivals. Now watch the media put this point to Rafa in the coming days as all eyes turn to Merseyside. Brilliant move by Sir Alex to divert attention away from OT.

All in all a fantastic day and one of the best games I've watched this year. Man Utd will never die!

Stekelly wrote: »
    The "sell , sell, sellers" are still ther. £75m could more than compensate for Ronaldo going. Instead of him you could give the rest of the midfield a needed redesign. You can drop the ability in one position while strenghthening the team overall.

I'm not convinced, while I still get annoyed at Ronaldo somtimes (find me a utd fan that dosn't) it's games like today when you need a player of Ronaldos class to step up and deliver, thats what he did. Surely we should be signing players of his ability, not selling them.

Having individuals that can turn a game on its head with a moment of class. Put a price on that, £75m ? Keep it imo, i'd stick with ronaldo. It would be like taking Gerrard out of Liverpool, or to a lesser extent maybe Lampard out of Chelsea. In a season that sees Ronaldo preforming well under his potential, hes currently joint top goal scorer.

Also, if we were to cash in and bring more players in, how long would it take for the new players to gel and the team to get going again from scratch. I for one, would hate to see him go. The EPL would be a lesser place without him.

redout wrote: »
    He done nothing bar the two goals in fairness. His stinky attitude kicked in again once he ****ed up and we went behind.

Jesus ****ing christ. He scored the bloody equalising goal, we were behind, he ****ing stepped up and got us back into the game with an incredible goal. What in the hell do people want from him? To score a goal every time he bloody touches the ball?

The entire United attack were ****e today, no invention until the subs were made. But when there is somebody who can work with his level, and create the space for him, he puts the ball away instantly.

Ronaldo is the finisher in the club. He's the most clinical player we have. Give him a chance and he'll take it. He needs people to give him chances to score 42 goals a season, you can't do it all on your own. Who gives a **** about general play when your end product is that good.

Agreed PHB what more can you ask of Ronaldo. He scored, we let it slip, i was pissed off, so was Ronaldo.

Ronaldo scored a goal with 100% technical class. This has taken us out of a total disaster and possibly put us on a Liverpool-esque momentum run.

Thank you Cristiano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I also loved his interview afterwards saying that the winner of the Liverpool/Chelsea game would be United's biggest rivals. Now watch the media put this point to Rafa in the coming days as all eyes turn to Merseyside. Brilliant move by Sir Alex to divert attention away from OT!

Yeah, that was embarrassing to watch alright. Fergie's cracking up with his crazy rants

Jesus ****ing christ. He scored the bloody equalising goal, we were behind, he ****ing stepped up and got us back into the game with an incredible goal. What in the hell do people want from him? To score a goal every time he bloody touches the ball?

The entire United attack were ****e today, no invention until the subs were made. But when there is somebody who can work with his level, and create the space for him, he puts the ball away instantly.

If you like to judge players purely on goals then yes, he was inspirational.

However if you look at his overall game today it was not impressive. He lost the ball a lot (Villa's second goal being a prime example) and was looking for free kicks when there weren't any to be won. He strolled around disinterested for periods too.

But of course he bagged two so all is forgiven.

1238951134_spt_ai_manutdvastonvilla_09.jpg

1238951898_spt_ai_manutdvastonvilla_14.jpg

1238951883_spt_ai_manutdvastonvilla_13.jpg

kiko will be going in my sig

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yeah his attitude sucks. He scores the goals.

I'd hate to see him go.

Kiko:
    As that annoying ****e Andy Gray says:
    Take a bow son.

That's Ronaldo. That's what he's like.
    He's allowed not track back, he's earned the right to.
    He tries things and loses the ball. 90% of the time it comes off. It's called being a creative player, sometimes it wont work.

The reason all is forgiven is because as always, something comes off and we win the game. You don't get those 2 goals without a lot of waste before them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

KIKO

KIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He tries things and loses the ball. 90% of the time it comes off. It's called being a creative player, sometimes it wont work.

The reason all is forgiven is because as always, something comes off and we win the game. You don't get those 2 goals without a lot of waste before them.

Yes but you accused people of expecting a goal every time he touches the ball. That is simply nonsense.

As a fan it's not asking a lot for the guy to show a positive attitude for 90 minutes, even if he's not playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

New Desktop background imo

Macheda_2115626.jpg

Do some people forget that this is the same player as it was last season, Ronaldo did the same things last season as he has done this season, and most likey it was always be a part of his game. If Ferguson can't get that out of him then no one will in my opinion.

Is it just becuase he scored a rediculous amount of goals last season that most people tolerated his negitives ? And just because he hasn't done the near impossible and emulated that tally this season people are calling for him to be sold ? (Regardless of Madrids underhanded approach)

Andy Grey was on his case the whole time up until his 2nd goal too as well as the utd fans. Although hes an assclown so I pay no attention.

In my honest opinion, if Ronaldo wasn't there, Utd wouldnt have won that game, Liverpool would be sitting top of the league, spotlight togther with pressure would be on Utd.

I say keep him. K?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

that's rubbish. No player has the right not to work hard for his teammates. No winger should be absolved of any responsibility to help out their fullback. It's not fair. It's selfish. It's not becoming of a great player.

Him simply doing some work for the team would not take away from his attacking play in any material way. But it would make him a better footballer.

He's wonderfully talented, and a great goalscorer. But his overall contribution could be better with just a little application, and his general attitude is disgraceful a lot of the time.

Advertisement