Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

jaykay74 wrote: »
    machedaaaaaaaaaaaacopy.jpg

Victim of Ugly stick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Des wrote: »
    Moderator, can you move the "Ronaldo attitude debate" to another thread?

like the ronaldo/stephen ireland/controversal footballers superthread this board needs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

jaykay74 wrote: »
    machedaaaaaaaaaaaacopy.jpg

Quality pic. I remember seeing that and thinking "Ooooh Johnny got let off the hook."

He was dreadful today, but, he has had an exellent season and i think the lack of Rio and Vidic made him nervous. Well i hope it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Des wrote: »
    er...that's Evans

While the other players celebrated together. Evans had a sneaky celebration with the cameraman.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Holy crap. Lost my voice in that final celebration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Macheda to come on and score imo.

:) I hope you got down to the bookies before the game. Derlighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fanzone :D

I love the last bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Headshot wrote: »
    fanzone :D

I love the last bit

haha that's brilliant love the united fans dance after the second..woohoo woohoo brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

"YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH...so Craig, what'd you think?" :D

• Advertisement

"YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH...so Craig, what'd you think?" :D

I taught it was

so Mr Alan what'd you think? ;):pac:

End of that clip was fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Re: Ronaldo. I completely detest him as a person and he embodies everything that is wrong with the world imo. I shout at my TV everytime he falls over and I hold him to higher standards than the rest of the team. However, I couldn't give a **** if he takes a half hour nap in every game if he still scores 2 goals. In essence, I have completely become ignorant to Ronaldo the person when he produces gamewinning (or close to it) performances

wow - my over the top reactions are massively over the top....but you hate Ronaldo as a person and he represents everything wrong with THE WORLD!! wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

wow - my over the top reactions are massively over the top....but you hate Ronaldo as a person and he represents everything wrong with THE WORLD!! wow.

yeah maybe I did go slightly OTT with my condemnation of Ronaldo as a person :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Oh what a game.

Just to get it out of the way, yes we didnt play well, were not on form and we were missing a few star players.

I felt every emotion durin that match, and yes im not ashamed to admit it, arousal when Kiko's goal went in. :)

My cat actually got up and left the room after i frightend the ****e out of it for the second time in the match. She was lucky she was gone for Kiko's. :) ha

What a match for him. He'll remember that for the rest of his life. I was so happy for him, unbelievable goal, and yes, yes it DOES by far beat Yossi's goal. Oh if only I was watchin MOTD with my pool friends today instead of yesterday.

As someone else said, I hope that defence never comes around again EVER. What was SAF thinking putting a severly rusty and small Neville up against Carew? Who knows.

As for Ronaldo, I'm kinda starting to get sick of the whole argument with him. I think today shows why we need him. He's not the only player on the team or in the PL that has bad traits. We need him. Without him the team would be changed drastically.

Anyway, why the hell would he want to go to Real at the moment? I can't see him wanting to leave this season again.

I mean, supporters of other teams can point out all the bad things they want about Ronnie, but as long as he scores goals and wins us games im happy to have him.

On an ending note, I think this weekend is showing us how exciting this run in can and probably will be. :)

WE LOVE YOU KIKO, WE DO! OH KIKO WE LOVE YOU!!!

• Advertisement

just a reminder people

match of day is on in a few minutes
    10.25 to be exact ch bbc 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    Indeed. Honestly, anyone who says Villa ****ed it up, tell me what anybody could have done to stop those last two goals. Ronaldo's goal was from the tightest of angles through the defenders legs. Machedas goal was pure unadulterated class. You can't defend against that.

Only seeing the goals now. Jesus phb, if you cant see how the goals could have been prevented then you must be used to watchign a very low level of football.

The 3rd was a peach but Villa let Utd knock it about too easy and we'rent markign tight enough.

As for Ronaldos 2nd , Villa left him in 15 yard sof space at the edge of the area. There was only one person the ball was going too, especially in that position. Villas defenders were very bad in not picking him up, he was a good 6 or7 seconds on his own with no one minding him.

It's basic enough defending.

Before someone starts listing off al the errors for every goal Liverpool conceded, save your fingers, thats not what its about.

LOL at the villa defenders for the indirect free for the 1st goal. Two of them ran at the ball when it is rolled then duck down below waist high to make sure they didnt get hit. God fobid you might earn your 30 or 40 k a week and take a ball in the chest to prevent a goal.

Watching the highlights and villa's attacks there were at least two that neville put a foot in in the box that had the attacker gone over there would have been a decent shout for a peno.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Watching the highlights and villa's attacks there were at least two that neville put a foot in in the box that had the attacker gone over there would have been a decent shout for a peno.

Yeah - Neville was lucky enough, but that is what I expected. Said it after the reserve game early in the week, he wasn't and isn't ready for a prem return, couldn't believe he was selected at CB at the start of the game today. I would have had Eckersley ahead of him at RB at the moment, based on actual form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Liam O wrote: »
    Re: Ronaldo. I completely detest him as a person and he embodies everything that is wrong with the world imo. I shout at my TV everytime he falls over and I hold him to higher standards than the rest of the team. However, I couldn't give a **** if he takes a half hour nap in every game if he still scores 2 goals. In essence, I have completely become ignorant to Ronaldo the person when he produces gamewinning (or close to it) performances

Actually lolled at this.

• Advertisement

Actually lolled at this.

I know i just read it now

so get rid of Ronaldo will stop the terrorist and the recession

lolled indeed

Yeah - Neville was lucky enough, but that is what I expected. Said it after the reserve game early in the week, he wasn't and isn't ready for a prem return, couldn't believe he was selected at CB at the start of the game today. I would have had Eckersley ahead of him at RB at the moment, based on actual form.

I can only assume that Fergie felt he needed Neville's ability to bark orders that would be missing with a defence consisting of Eckerlsy(sp?)- Evans- O'Shea - Evra.
    He should never have started at CB though. Unlike most here though I don't think Nev is finished. He started to find some good form on his return before getting injured again.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I can only assume that Fergie felt he needed Neville's ability to bark orders that would be missing with a defence consisting of Eckerlsy(sp?)- Evans- O'Shea - Evra.
    He should never have started at CB though. Unlike most here though I don't think Nev is finished. He started to find some good form on his return before getting injured again.

Yeah, i would agree it was Nevilles experience as much as anything that got him selected for the game. Though I would personally have Eckersley ahead of him on form right now, i never for a moment thought Neville would not be selected. As for whether he is finished, i would say he is third choice RB in a fully fit squad to be honest, with both Raf and Brown ahead of him. He was starting to show decent form prior to getting injured, but for me that is part of the problem, he has needed too many games to get back to form, which is understandable given his age and the injuries he has suffered, but as a result of it I think other players have proven themselves in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liam O wrote: »
    Re: Ronaldo. I completely detest him as a person and he embodies everything that is wrong with the world imo.

I can't stand Ronaldo, so i'm gonna go along with this just for the craic!!!! :pac:

monkey9 wont like this

yes kiko again ;)
    Kiko: A dream come true

Teenage striking sensation Federico Macheda couldn’t hide his delight after scoring an injury-time winner in United’s thrilling 3-2 victory against Aston Villa.

The 17-year-old Italian told MUTV: “This is the best day of my life and one I have always dreamed of. I really enjoyed it.”

With the game heading for a 2-2 draw and the clock showing 93 minutes, Macheda produced a sublime piece of skill inside the box before curling his shot into the far corner. He wheeled away in delight, heading straight for those who mean most to him.

“I ran towards my family,” he revealed. “They deserve it as much as me and they are very proud.

“It’s a great day but my life is still the same as before. I want to keep going as I have been doing and just enjoy my football.

"I was surprised to be on the bench, to be honest. I was asked yesterday to go to Italy and join up with the national team [at youth level] but Sir Alex said I had to stay here because I might be on the bench. It was then I knew I had a chance."
    brings a tear to my eye
    yes im a sentimental old fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well me thinks monkey9 is nuts.

Hope that doesn't count as personal abuse as it's more about the pun thqn the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think it'll be interesting to see if those defending his attitude in this thread will do the very same next time he wants a bumper pay increase or is discussing a move abroad behind United's back.

Will the "that's just the way he is" line suffice then? I doubt it.

I would just like to point out a couple of things because I believe I was large part of the Ronaldo discussion on this thread.

A) I believe I was his biggest supporter / defender on here last summer I would like to think other posters could back this claim up.

B) I have continued to support him all season as seen in the recent transfer thread before this match started off.

I do not base my views purely on stats and I don't change them game to game. I am not a 'reactionary' fan I like to think I see the bigger picture. My views on ronaldo are not based on this season, last summer , or last season, they are based on the 5 years he has been at united and how the team have developed in those years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ronaldo is now joint top scorer in the premiership with Anelka with 15 goals.

Not bad for someone who missed the start of the season and has been labelled as rubbish this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Crazy the amount of times Ronaldo has gotten a brace for us now really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

no one grabbed a still of macheda's kiss to stevie g ? :(

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    no one grabbed a still of macheda's kiss to stevie g ? :(

will this do ntlbell

610x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Stekelly wrote: »
    Someone needs to teah him how to close out a game.

hodgson could give him a few tips?

6z0kux.gif

6z0kux.gif

Been hoping for this. Was that the same camera man?

will this do ntlbell

610x.jpg

Ha the camera man's wearing an italian cap :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A7X wrote: »
    Ha the camera man's wearing an italian cap :cool:

Yeah, good one against Villa. Until he does it in a drubbing at Anfield, then no deal. He's an imposter!!! Just ripping off the genius!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, good one against Villa. Until he does it in a drubbing at Anfield, then no deal. He's an imposter!!! Just ripping off the genius!

To be fair it looked like the camera man gestured it to him. It really did look like a big "are you watching merseyside" gesture though. The camera man must be a red. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Talking about Ronaldo missing the start of the season is a non point imo, he has made 42 appearances this season, infact, I'd be willing to be he makes more appearances for Utd this season that he did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Talking about Ronaldo missing the start of the season is a non point imo, he has made 42 appearances this season, infact, I'd be willing to be he makes more appearances for Utd this season that he did last year.

So? no one expected him to score as many as last year, and in a season where people are saying he is playing crap, he is joint top goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just thinking about it more, I'm just so impressed we got a result. Sure we played ****e, but we had a ****load of injuries, but we still had the individual brilliance to get us through.

Yesterday our top 3 CB's, top 2 forwards, top DM, 2nd and 3rd best creative midfielders, and top RB were out, and we still managed to win. To put that in perspective, that'd be like Liverpool playing without the following people

Agger
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Arebelea
    Mascherano
    Lucas
    Plessis
    Gerrard
    Torres

It really is a testament to the quality within the squad that we can come through that, even with such a ****e performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What a goal form that kid Kiko yesterday. I've seen United do that hundreds of times but yesterday when they were 2-1 down I thought for the first time ever they looked like they had no answer.

Credit where credit's due they stepped up - such a bitch though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

A7X wrote: »
    To be fair it looked like the camera man gestured it to him. It really did look like a big "are you watching merseyside" gesture though. The camera man must be a red. :)

Im fairly sure I heard the cameraman asking him to do it hence the thumbs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

PHB wrote: »
    Just thinking about it more, I'm just so impressed we got a result. Sure we played ****e, but we had a ****load of injuries, but we still had the individual brilliance to get us through.

Yesterday our top 3 CB's, top 2 forwards, top DM, 2nd and 3rd best creative midfielders, and top RB were out, and we still managed to win. To put that in perspective, that'd be like Liverpool playing without the following people

Agger
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Arebelea
    Mascherano
    Lucas
    Plessis
    Gerrard
    Torres

It really is a testament to the quality within the squad that we can come through that, even with such a ****e performance.

im gonna need names here to back all this up cos to me it sounds like u have doubled up on ye're 3rd best CB and Rb as the same person and also that u just called hargreaves ye're best DM and also who are meant to be ye're 2nd and 3rd best creative midfielders..

sounds like u have just made this up to make the win sound even better than it was

mormank wrote: »
    im gonna need names here to back all this up cos to me it sounds like u have doubled up on ye're 3rd best CB and Rb as the same person and also that u just called hargreaves ye're best DM and also who are meant to be ye're 2nd and 3rd best creative midfielders..

sounds like u have just made this up to make the win sound even better than it was

Well just to prove a point :)

Well, Rafael is our best RB. Fergie has shown that with his selections in the first half of the season. Brown is our 3rd best CB / 2nd best RB.
    Hargreaves is obviously our best DM. I don't know how anyone would disagree with that?
    Carrick is obviously our best creative player, while Scholes and Anderson would be 2nd and 3rd.

Skrtel - Ferdinand
    Carragher - Vidic
    Agger - Brown
    Arebelea - Rafael
    Mascherano - Hargreaves
    Lucas - Scholes
    Plessis - Anderson
    Gerrard - Rooney
    Torres - Berbatov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

well u say it is like us playin without all these players however i would disagree by saying that it is all relative..if we had 7 world class CB's and ye had only 3 would it be as damaging to us as it would be to ye to lose the first 3?? no. now however while i realise this was pretty much exactly ur point saying that it is a testament to the size of ye're squad etc i just do not think it is the same...u cannot compare ye losing berba and rooney to us losing stevie and nando either. us losing nando and stevie is more like ye losing rooney and ronaldo(and tevez and berba and ne1 else decent ye have up ther). so for one i would liken ye losing rooney and berba to us loaing perhaps gerrard and riera or maybe kuyt..

i just dont think ye losing those players is the same as us playing without those listed from our team..

You're comparing best players vs. best players [see Gerrard/Torres and Ronaldo/Rooney comparison]. That's fair enough, I could say we're missing our 2nd [Ferdinand], 3rd[Rooney], 4th[Vidic], 5th imo [Hargreaves], 8thish [Berbatov] and so on, but the point still remains the same. Either methods of comparing have their pluses and minuses, but ultimately the point that the fact we came through that game against the 5th place team in the league with that sorta injuries means not only am I extremely happy, but I really don't care we didn't perform well for 80 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00jn4l1

About 1.15....you can hear Rio, no vid but this is about as good as we are going to get...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00jn4l1

About 1.15....you can hear Rio, no vid but this is about as good as we are going to get...

very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

oh god Headshot :( the sig :( wtf

• Advertisement
Advertisement