Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ronaldo to score today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Headshot wrote: »
    I wish i had your confidence

so do i!

i am totally pessimistic about this game, almost a makeshift team tbh, nervous as fook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

raven136 wrote: »
    unfortunately for us pool fans united to skate this.

Mon will do as he did at Anfield and leave the midfield wide open for United to attack them and the pace of Ronaldo etc will be too much.

Easy win by 2 or more.

It doesnt matter if we win or not. Arsenal are the team who will decide the title race. They have still to play Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. With Fab back and Ade on form this team are top class again. Both were excellent yesterday. Fab with two assists and Ade with the two goals. As I said Arsenal will decide this title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

redout wrote: »
    It doesnt matter if we win or not.

you can't possibly think that?!:eek:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you can't possibly think that?!:eek:

Yes Al I do. Win lose or draw today we still have another game in hand. What I am saying is that ultimately Arsenals results against Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea will decide the title. They only have 7 games left and them 3 make up nearly half their games. Arsenal could beat all 3 and really give the title race one last twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Surely if we beat Villa, it doesnt matter what Arsenal do to us because we'll still be a point clear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I wish i had your confidence

Before the game at Anfield I would havethought Villa might take something, but it's hard to see Utd not rollign over Villa. They are a shadow of the team that were looking a very good bet for a CL spot a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Stekelly wrote: »
    Before the game at Anfield I would havethought Villa might take something, but it's hard to see Utd not rollign over Villa. They are a shadow of the team that were looking a very good bet for a CL spot a while back.

utd are a shadow of themselves too

injuries,suspensions and players out of form makes me cringe at this game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

heskey_rooney.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

utd are a shadow of themselves too

injuries,suspensions and players out of form makes me cringe at this game

Indeed, I can see this being a cagey 0-0 draw to be honest.

Will cry for a week if we don't win :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Will cry for a week if we don't win :(

Don't show weakness in front of the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Its going to be an easy win for UTD today, be 6 - 0 or something. Impossible for any other result, even with the suspensions and injuries Sir said this was the best squad he's ever managed so regardless they will pick themselves up.. Still on target for the quadruple.

Its going to be an easy win for UTD today, be 6 - 0 or something. Impossible for any other result, even with the suspensions and injuries Sir said this was the best squad he's ever managed so regardless they will pick themselves up.. Still on target for the quadruple.
    I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

lol.

i know, i'm letting down the side! blame it on my erratic female hormones :rolleyes:

9-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

10-1 (Agbonlahor)

Im thinking of laying a cheeky bet on Evans to score first. With Laursen out, I think they'll be weak at it, and with Ronaldo and Ferdinand marked up, he might take his chance.

PHB wrote: »
    Im thinking of laying a cheeky bet on Evans to score first. With Laursen out, I think they'll be weak at it, and with Ronaldo and Ferdinand marked up, he might take his chance.

iv Evans to get the first yellow card ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

is this realism or pessimism

Bit of both, I was sitting in the home end at Anfield 2 weeks ago and all 5 goals were easily avoidable, 2 peno's 2 free kicks and a keepers long ball.

Laursen is a huge loss, he covers for others when they slip up i.e. NRC 2 weeks ago, Davies and Cuellar don't have the same ability.

I know UTD are missing players but we have lost our belief and I really can't see us getting anything out of today unless MON can pull off a Miracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bugger.

Vds, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Ronaldo, Tevez

Subds, Foster, Park, Martin, Eckersley, Welbeck, Macheda, Gibson.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

No Rio :(

The bench :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Can't really see anything apart from a United win (unfortunately!!); however I think a lot depends on the first goal. If United score early I think it could be a repeat of what Liverpool did to them as Villa's confidance must be pretty low; however if Villa manage to nick the first goal in the first half / early in the second half, I think we'll see quite an entertaining game with Villa trying to exploit United on the counter attack with the likes of Young and Agbolkjflhaknsadm (not even gonna try and spell his name).

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Bugger.

Vds, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Ronaldo, Tevez

I think I might have to re-think my comments after seeing the team...c'mon the Villa!!!

No JSP :(:(
    My God, that defence looks a touch dodgy. Let's hope Gaby doesn't decide to start scoring again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Jesus that bench is bare!!!!!!

Our defense looks dodgy on paper.

Still we don't lose threw in a row often. Still go for a united win.

Bugger.

****ing hell

That team is horrid... bloody hell...

Any chance of Nev at CB and JOS at RB at all? Would prefer to see that than the other way around tbh.

I cant believe nani is playing tbh,he cant even make the bench and gets thrown into a very big game

I really hope he proves me wrong today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Apart from the defence.............Nani:eek:

Lets hope he hits one of those screamers from outside the box but I wont hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Any chance of Nev at CB and JOS at RB at all? Would prefer to see that than the other way around tbh.

i'm the exact opposite. Neville is too rusty and too small to play CB today. I'm not even that happy with him playing RB to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Hope not. Nev would be destroyed by Carew in the air and/or Gabby's pace.

I wouldnt want to see that Carew against Nev

no thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im trying to stop myself being confident before this match given our form and history against united but id say the Villa lads in the dressing room are starting to believe a bit after seing that united team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Macheda to come on and score imo.

My heart's going to take a beating in this game I think

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Hope not. Nev would be destroyed by Carew in the air and/or Gabby's pace.

Had forgotten about Carew alright - good point! I'd still be very worried about Nev dealing with Young though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

that utd bench doesnt look near as strong as usual. hope villa can get at them from the start.

is this the first time Oshea and Evans played as CB's together ?

im pretty sure it is

• Advertisement

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Giggs, Tevez.
    Subs: Foster, Park, Welbeck, Gibson, Martin, Macheda, Eckersley.
    Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Milner, Petrov, Barry, Ashley Young, Carew, Agbonlahor.
    Subs: Guzan, Delfouneso, Knight, Salifou, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Albrighton.
    Referee: Mike Riley (Yorkshire)

Bollox that. Looking our team and then Villa's this will be a tough game. Is Scholes injured ?

Lads, have faith.

Todays the title decider in my eyes. If United win they will go on to win the league.

Any other result and its Liverpools title.:(

Despite the weak team, I hope United just go for it. Villa looked very open against Liverpool so it should make for a very exciting and open game.

I am very worried about Carew, especially with Rio and Vidic missing.

redout wrote: »
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Giggs, Tevez.
    Subs: Foster, Park, Welbeck, Gibson, Martin, Macheda, Eckersley.
    Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Milner, Petrov, Barry, Ashley Young, Carew, Agbonlahor.
    Subs: Guzan, Delfouneso, Knight, Salifou, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Albrighton.
    Referee: Mike Riley (Yorkshire)

Bollox that. Looking our team and then Villa's this will be a tough game. Is Scholes injured ?

Suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

adox wrote: »
    Todays the title decider in my eyes. If United win they will go on to win the league.

Any other result and its Liverpools title.:(

Despite the weak team, I hope United just go for it. Villa looked very open against Liverpool so it should make for a very exciting and open game.

I am very worried about Carew, especially with Rio and Vidic missing.

its sensationalism like this that really bugs me!!. you are so far from right about that little prediction!! ur saying that if villa sneak a draw with an equaliser in the last minute that all of a sudden the pool will win all their remaining games and uts will not...jeez

right people no more negative **** from utd fans

remember the chelsea game ;)

have the fate

com-on utd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

streams?

mormank wrote: »
    its sensationalism like this that really bugs me!!. you are so far from right about that little prediction!! ur saying that if villa sneak a draw with an equaliser in the last minute that all of a sudden the pool will win all their remaining games and uts will not...jeez

I`m saying if United dont win I think Liverpool will go on and win the league. Its not sensationalism, its my opinion. The momentum is really with Liverpool at the moment and if United cant turn round the last three very disappointing performances then they may have blown the league.

BTW I`m predicting a United win today despite the weakened team.

Des wrote: »
    streams?

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

http://www.veetle.com/channelList.php
    download veetle and ill be on it

http://espns-live.com/should be on this too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What's the story with Brown, I thought he was fit again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

So I'm assuming that Neville is on the right? With JOS in the middle yeah?

• Advertisement
Advertisement