Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice suit?

• 03-04-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Hi All,

I have to buy a new suit for a wedding and have a budget of approx €400, can any one recommend a good suit shop. Would it be possible to get a Hugo Boss suit for this price or is that just wishful thinking. I was also hoping to get a pair of shoes from the same budget but this is not essential. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

bobbyg wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have to buy a new suit for a wedding and have a budget of approx €400, can any one recommend a good suit shop. Would it be possible to get a Hugo Boss suit for this price or is that just wishful thinking. I was also hoping to get a pair of shoes from the same budget but this is not essential. Thanks

Depends somewhat where you are located.
    I know places where you buy a handmade suit for just over 100 euro but the ticket to fly there kills you....

Dont know if you head up North any time soon, otherwise i would suggest The Outlet where you should be able get away with a decent suit and a pair of shoes for that budget.

The Suitable Company on Grafton street have excellent suits and at very good prices. They are usually open to deal/haggle also, even if its just for a free pair of cufflinks.

I myself have bought a tuxedo and another suit from them so far, and neither have let me down, and both were below your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

inforfun wrote: »
    Depends somewhat where you are located.
    I know places where you buy a handmade suit for just over 100 euro but the ticket to fly there kills you....

Dont know if you head up North any time soon, otherwise i would suggest The Outlet where you should be able get away with a decent suit and a pair of shoes for that budget.

Sorry loaction is Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I walked past John Taylor's Menswear on Baggot street yesterday and the 3 suits in the window were reduced by about 50%. Down from about 475 to about 275. Cant remember the exact figures but it seemed like a good deal. Was considering getting one myself. Could be handy for interviews(assuming I get any!).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Suits you in liffey valley have good deals in their window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I met a couple of guys - (through boards/adverts) - who set up an online business making tailoured suits, it might be worth giving them a buzz and see if they can do a deal for you !

I will PM contact details of one of the guys - if I post their site it'll look like advertising.

Ps. Tell 'em Paddy(the photographer) said they might sort you out !!

Advertisement