Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I was right about Lewis

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

zeris wrote: »
    Because the stewards didn't have time to. Pretty simple answer.

ah didnt have time me arse sure what else were they doing if whiteing had of got back to mclaren asap none of this would have happened before you all attack me mclaren shud have known better.i honestly believe that they didnt tell the stewards to save face its an embaresment for a team of this experience to get caught out by what shud be a black&white rule everyone just assumes if something out of the norm happens involving mclaren there cheating if this was someone else like bmw or redbull for eg i dont think the back lash would be as severe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

rugalo wrote: »
    ah didnt have time me arse

You make a very compelling argument here. :rolleyes: What else would the race director have been doing during those two laps of having one car crashed, one car going around the track with a wheel hanging off and the safety car and the medical car all on track.
    if whiteing had of got back to mclaren asap none of this would have happened

If he had responded to McLaren his response would almost certainly have been along the lines of "Go away I am busy. The stewards will deal with it after the race."
    i honestly believe that they didnt tell the stewards to save face

Save face? Save face from who? Make some sense man! This is after telling journalists what actually happened yet they lie to the stewards to save face? Surely you would BS and spin to the journalists and tell the truth to the stewards if you wanted to save face. After all, the stewards don't write the news reports for the Monday papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

sorry ficus, i will in future.anyway back to the topic at hand.ok i know about the crash but the drivers had been lapping under safety car for a couple laps when the incident with trulli happened, also mr whiteing is race director but does that mean that all the other stewards minds were on the crash aswell, oh wait, it does sure isnt that why "new" evidence came to light after the initial questioning.if they do and had done their job right someone should be available to keep an eye on the race which was still going on.just on that crash why is it that kubisa (excuse the spelling) who left no room for vettel causes the crash no only does he get away with it but vettel get punished, and dont say it was a racing incident it wasnt vettel had the line.there is a click f1 and i dont like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

sorry ficus, i will in future.anyway back to the topic at hand.ok i know about the crash but the drivers had been lapping under safety car for a couple laps when the incident with trulli happened, also mr whiteing is race director but does that mean that all the other stewards minds were on the crash aswell, oh wait, it does sure isnt that why "new" evidence came to light after the initial questioning.if they do and had done their job right someone should be available to keep an eye on the race which was still going on.just on that crash why is it that kubisa (excuse the spelling) who left no room for vettel causes the crash no only does he get away with it but vettel get punished, and dont say it was a racing incident it wasnt vettel had the line.there is a click f1 and i dont like it
    First i think everyone agrees about the Vettel Kubica incident, it was a bad call to punish Vettel.
    McLaren caused this not the stewards, not CW, not Toyota.
    If they knew the rules and weren't too cautious then they could have kept the position and none of this mess would have started. Instead they tried to cheat and lie to get 1 extra point and to top that off it cost Toyota Trullis points.
    Now i think the stewards should have coped this and sorted it out there and then but for whatever reason they didn't and it needs to be resolved now.
    Cheating in any professional sport is a serious offence and usually severely punished.
    Its not up to Mr Whiting as you call him to tell them the rules, he dose not have to reply to them if he is busy. Did McLaren even get in contact with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think the big decider with regard to the Vettel punishment is that as soon as the incident happened he immediately radioed to his team saying he was sorry. So it looked like he caused the incident where in fact it was a complete 50/50. If he had said nothing I`d say he wouldnt have got the penalty.

Wasnt it also a factor in his penalty for continuing around the track with a wheel hagning off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

vectra wrote: »
    Wasnt it also a factor in his penalty for continuing around the track with a wheel hagning off?
    Thats what the fine was for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Thats what the fine was for.

Ah,
    right ;)

Advertisement