Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Tom updates

• 03-04-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

Just trying to update my Tom Tom and just really want to update to the latest map, but it is also trying to get me to buy the `12 month Map Update Service´ which i dont want, but when i remove that option it also removes the standard update to the latest mapoption. Is it possible to update the map to the latest on its own for 35.80 euro or do i have to buy both options for double the price.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

have a good read of this before you do anything

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055418993

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have one word of advice for you ........DONT

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I was trying to be polite about it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

TomTom had one thing going for them, ahead of Garmin

It was called MapShare

TomTom have made an utter balls of MapShare.

Don't buy TomTom, buy Garmin.

As I have said here & to Tom Tom I dont have a problem with mistakes being made. That can happen & when it does its time to move on & sort them. My main gripe with them at the moment is their support staff's total denial of any problem. They are still telling me to remove any changes I made default the system & reload the new POI file..
    Done twice already FFS it is clear to any intelligent person that thats where the errors are coming from. They wern't there before the map upgrade but there are there afterwards, its not that hard to work it out.
    To be fair TomTomIreland on here has been most helpful & said it up to their mapping dept to sort out not tech support. Thats fair enough. Would it be totally mad for someone there to email a memo to support & tell them there IS a problem, we are working on it & a release will be out soon. PS stop blaming the customer..
    Sounds like a fairly obvious move to me...

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    As I have said here & to Tom Tom I dont have a problem with mistakes being made. That can happen & when it does its time to move on & sort them. My main gripe with them at the moment is their support staff's total denial of any problem. They are still telling me to remove any changes I made default the system & reload the new POI file..
    Done twice already FFS it is clear to any intelligent person that thats where the errors are coming from. They wern't there before the map upgrade but there are there afterwards, its not that hard to work it out.
    To be fair TomTomIreland on here has been most helpful & said it up to their mapping dept to sort out not tech support. Thats fair enough. Would it be totally mad for someone there to email a memo to support & tell them there IS a problem, we are working on it & a release will be out soon. PS stop blaming the customer..
    Sounds like a fairly obvious move to me...

TomTom have what is known as a defect tracking system,
    to which support, development, and project management have access and also receive daily reports of defect inflow, and resolution rates.

If you had access, you would know that you defect has been logged, but it is at the bottom of a very very long list :D

According to them there is no list.

them?

T-Square wrote: »
    them?

TomTom!!!

Trust me, they do have a list of known software (which includes mapping) defects.

• Advertisement

I know they do actually have.. But they just constantly deny the problems exist.
    Its just something the customer is doing wrong.
    It was suggested to me that I didn't understand mapshare & I should turn it off.

koolkid wrote: »
    I know they do actually have.. But they just constantly deny the problems exist.
    Its just something the customer is doing wrong.
    It was suggested to me that I didn't understand mapshare & I should turn it off.

I haven't met a single person who understands it.
    They simply don't get the idea of having levels of trust/validation.

They simply say "all" and get rubbish.

What level of trust do you set to say you don't trust TomTom?

Advertisement