Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson & Mcgregor banned from playing for scotland again

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm on it :D

*searches for picture of Gene Simmons*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I love you =D

That's cheered me up from the downside of tonsilitis!

Hahahaha...

On another notem the SFA are awfully strict IMO, reminds me of the whole Duncan Ferguson thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And for kicks.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Attachment of the Year 09 hands down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What did he say? It is like listening to a labrador eating a sticky toffee pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

In all honesty, you have to look at it like this.....they are employees of Rangers, were picked to represent the club aswell as their country on an international stage. Now can anyone tell me that if this had happened at your place of work, would you have gotten away with when you publicly disprespected yourself and gave your company a terrible image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Scotland's Saipan except 10 times funnier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Also a good way of Rangers getting one off their high earners of the wage bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fair play to Rangers for getting involved.

Correct decision all round I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I bet they end up at Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

They have new jobs already :D:D:D:D

331dt9w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ziggy wrote: »

I disagree on the Rangers front Ziggy.

Mcgregor has already been dropped this season due to his attitude and lifestyle, Ferguson was supposed to be the club captain and know how to handle himself with some sort of dignity.

Smith phoned both players BEFORE the iceland game to ask them to keep their heads down, isntead they went ahead with a childish premeditated routine like two silly school boys with no respect for their management, teammates, fans or even the club they are representative of.

To say they are bearing the brunt because rangers want to sell them is just madness,, surely even the worst salesman knows that in order to get value for your goods...you dont advertise them as damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

PauloMN wrote: »
    Have to agree with Brewster {shock horror} :eek:. Much as I would slag them off over a 2 week suspension or whatever, and for acting the dick, their internation careers are over by the looks of it. I can't find anything to rejoice in that really, it's a sad situation when things get to that level and players' careers come to an end.

It's pretty severe really, the punishment, but as said above the reaction on Wednesday with the V-signs sealed their fate. They had enough time to straighten their heads out but went ahead with that ****.

Thanks Paulo! Theres a first. The lads careers are over basically. There was no need for some of the comments on here. Im not sure what to make of the whole thing, whatever about Rangers acting I do think its harsh that they will never play for their country again. Ferguson has put his body on the line all career and has had a wonderful career by and large, and for it to end like this I have sympathy for the guy. Just the way I feel. Yes he is not the player he was, but he is still a very good player and theres no reason why he couldnt recover some better form. Discussing whether Fergie is best player to come out of Scotland over last ten years is also going to be difficult to reach consensus on, but lets say he is one of the best to come out of Scotland. Its laregly irrelevant anyway. However, this is massive news as I said yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I don't like the man and his attitude. Paul Le Guen obviously had the right idea. Mac Gregor i couldnt care less about but two highly paid paid professionals acting like schoolboys...Fk them imo. And yes as a Celtic fan i do take some pleasure from seeing Rangers in tuirmoil. I dont like the club, what it stands for, it's players or the majority of their fans or what they stand for. I don't include the Rangers posters here in that category.

Massive club :pac: Ok only joking.:o

Artuc Boruc never did anything wrong or stupid in his personal life or his footballing career did he Coillte Bhoy? People especially footballers do stupid things at times. Your attitude stinks to be honest.... Its reading rubbish like you've posted is the main reason some Irish people prefer Rangers to your club. And theres no denying this! So have a think about that........

Whats Gazza got to do with it?

As far as i can see Mcgregor and Ferguson were both on their last warnings from Smith.
    It's as simple as that, the straw that broke the camels back and other such cliches.

If Rangers have done this to cut their wage bill then its a ludicrously stupid move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I find it bizarre that people are saying it's Rangers are doing it for financial reasons, that makes zero sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I find it bizarre that people are saying it's Rangers are doing it for financial reasons, that makes zero sense at all.

People will say that due to the well publicised state of The Rangers Finances, but I don't think so this time Ferguson and McGregor have been warned about there behaviour a number of times and this was the last straw for The Rangers management

• Advertisement

You mean getting rid of Fergie because the fans have wanted him dropped for the last two seasons if thats the case why wait untill now

Also though I do believe they will both go in the summer no and I repeat no member of The Rangers board or management has said publicly that there careers are finished at Ibrox

Oh c'mon Ziggy Murrays lapdogs Rangers are splashed over every newspaper because two of there players could not control themselves,hardly the sort of coverage Murray wants.

I really find it amazing that people go on about an anti Celtic media then say that this instance shows it to be true. How can it it has to have a negative effect on any trasfer value they have plus managers of other clubs are looking at this and saying we don't need players like that at this club not really what Murray wants at this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Brewster wrote: »
    Artuc Boruc never did anything wrong or stupid in his personal life or his footballing career did he Coillte Bhoy? People especially footballers do stupid things at times. Your attitude stinks to be honest.... Its reading rubbish like you've posted is the main reason some Irish people prefer Rangers to your club. And theres no denying this! So have a think about that........

I've had a think about it and i haven't changed my opinion one bit. What has Boruc got to do with it? He has been acting the maggot all season and has been dropped from the Polish team. Proper order in my opinion. As for his personal life i don't pay any attention to tabloid muck raking, and anyway it is HIS personal life. If you want to prefer Rangers purely because you don't like my attitude, good luck to you. Seems pretty childish though.

In my opinion I think and hope there time at Ibrox is over as from where there getting there info prob the same sort of place info is always getting leaked from parkhead.

Let me ask you Ziggy do you not see my point about there value or even the trouble the club could have moving them on becuase of this.

It seem the evening times is running a story that Ferguson is hanging up his boots that would'nt be great for us no transfer cash

Fair enough Ziggy we are going to have to agree to disagree on this ;)

ha! try growing up with that! :pac:

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    ha! try growing up with that! :pac:

What can you possibly mean :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I also believe that Ranger's position with the bank is a factor in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think Scotland should lend us a midfielder or 2. All their midfielders unavailable and they could still field a partnership of Brown and Fletcher.

Advertisement