Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air travel with a helmet

Options
  • 03-04-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Bit of an unusual question, but said I'd ask anyway...

I'm travelling over to the UK next week to visit my other half and we were planning on going for a trek/lesson while I'm over there. I'd rather bring my own helmet as opposed to borrow one from the riding school over there (yes, I know, I'm fussy).

The problem is I'm travelling with a low budget no fills airline (no prizes for guessing which one!) and because I'm only going over for a few days I'm not checking a bag. Does anyone know if I'd have a problem bringing my helmet over with me in my handluggage?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

i've done it before. No problem, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

It shouldn't be any problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just to let you know I got through security with no problems, although the guard on the way back did give me an odd look after scanning my bag containing helmet, boots, and half chaps, with a normal pair of jeans thrown in for good measure!!! :)

Advertisement