Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room Stat

Options
  • 03-04-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

In apt which has panel heater bedroom comdi heater living room and storage heater hal there is also two wall stats one in living room and one in hall.

Can anyone tell me the wiring layout to wire these stats and are the two stats usually linked.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Feed a contactor mounted in the distribution board from an MCB there. Let the contactor (20A per pole would be more than enough in most cases) outgoing side supply the panel heater. Then connect a the stat to A1 on the coil of the contactor to give a supply to thew contactor to energise it. Connect a neutral to A2 coil connection.

In general stats can only switch 1 to 3 amps. This is why the stat is used just to energise the coil of the contactor (a fraction of 1 amp). It can then safley switch a larger load, in this case 20A. Note: This would be in excess of 3kW.

It is not normal to connect stats together in series or parellel.

I hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

So, two single mod contactors (one unused) in the DB, with the living room stat indirectly controlling the permanent (day) supply to the combi?

Presumably the second stat in the hall was meant to supply another combi/panel heater there?

Just curious as I've seen similiar arrangements, sometimes stats with all areas controlled by storage heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

The stat in the hall prob switches the nsh contactor. that
    was the old system b4 devireg
    Theyre not connected anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

JOHNPT I replied to your PM, sorry for the delay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement