Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get to Boston Scientific?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello all. I'm starting my college placement in Boston Scientific on Monday. I was just wondering how in the name of god i get out there using public transport? I got the Parkmore bus today to see where it takes me and it took me to the entrance of Briarhill business park. Boston Scientific is in the ballybrit business park. Are they both the same place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Get the number 3 bus mate and ask the driver to drop you off at the Eircom building bus stop, then carry on walking and cross the roundabout, then straight into Ballybrit business Park and Boston is on your left.....dont stay on the bus all the way to Parkmore, done that to my cost years ago!!! Briarhill is a different business park.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

There is a bus going to HP/Compaq every morning which is right across the road from Boston and AFAIK it drops right outside Boston. It would be handy in the rain. Call into the Bus Station tomorrow or ring them to check times.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Get the number 3 bus mate and ask the driver to drop you off at the Eircom building bus stop, then carry on walking and cross the roundabout, then straight into Ballybrit business Park and Boston is on your left.....dont stay on the bus all the way to Parkmore, done that to my cost years ago!!! Briarhill is a different business park.

Brgds
    Johnny

Boston in red, bus stop in brown. The city is to the west (left) of the pic

g2bo2as257tbllzf14h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sgthighway wrote: »
    There is a bus going to HP/Compaq every morning which is right across the road from Boston and AFAIK it drops right outside Boston. It would be handy in the rain. Call into the Bus Station tomorrow or ring them to check times.

Aye, this is the right answer. One bus leaves from Knocknacarra somewhere, another leaves from the back of the Railway Station down by the inspectors office. Bus may be labelled HP, Compaq, or even APC. The printed timetable booklet has details of times, I think there are three each morning.

The number 3 is possible, but means you have to cross the Morris roundabout on foot, which is possible but challenging. Best avoided if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

JustMary wrote: »
    Aye, this is the right answer. One bus leaves from Knocknacarra somewhere, another leaves from the back of the Railway Station down by the inspectors office. Bus may be labelled HP, Compaq, or even APC. The printed timetable booklet has details of times, I think there are three each morning.

The number 3 is possible, but means you have to cross the Morris roundabout on foot, which is possible but challenging. Best avoided if you can.

Cheers never knew that, only down in Boston 1 day every couple of months nowadays so will try it the next time am down there, anything to avoid the Morris roundabout, which makes you feel like something from that computer game Frogger!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

It seems mad there's direct bus to Boston Scientific, considering how big it is. I knew product builders who took taxis regularly. Imagine that on only €450 a week.

The only thing as bad as trying to cross the Morris roundabout on foot is driving across it from Boston Scientific when you finally get there. The traffic jam of Boston employees around 5 pm has to be seen to believed. I saw people sat in the car park for 20 minutes, 50 feet from the parking space they were using. This line stretches all the way from BSI to the roundabout. It's insane. Even later on when I finished shift, you had to sprint to the car like a fighter pilot on a mission so you could get out of the place in less than ten minutes.

Best decision I ever made in my life was quitting that lousy job.

Is medtronic near Boston Scientific?

They're close but not that close.
    You see from the map where Boston is, Medtronic is in Parkmore.
    Compare map with the one here.

Medtronic is in the Briarhill Ind Est, Boston is in Ballybane Ind Est, about 1 mile from each other. Medtronic is close to the race course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

For Medtronic, get the number 9 bus that runs every 15 mins from Eyre Square which will drop you very close to the buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Close as the crow flies, hell yes.

Close in public transport terms, hell no. Gotta love Galway .. estates just a couple of fields away from each other, but not direct connecting road in sight.

It's actually in the Parkmore West estate (not Briarhill as someone said).

This Parkmore neighbourhood map tells you how to get to the area, and where the bus-stops are.

While this Parkmore West layout map shows you where each of the Medtronic buildings is inside the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Medtronic is miles ahead. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

biko wrote: »
    Boston in red, bus stop in brown. The city is to the west (left) of the pic
    +10 internets Biko...

for crayon directions.:p

MS Paint rocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The traffic leaving Boston anytime after 4:45 is crap. After 5:15 and your in traffic jam land there fella. Have spend nearly 30 minutes getting out of the estate a few times

Advertisement