Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell owner to pick up there dog's crap?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I remember one person went nuts over my dog urinating on the path because their child walks on the path and as a toddler they could fall and get it on their hands! He insisted I should walk along the road with the dogs and then actually brought it up in a residents' association meeting 6 months later. He was extremely aggressive about it and nobody agreed with him making him madder.
    Implying that a dog shouldn't piss on the street is like asking somebody with cronic heyfever not to sneeze ,it aint gonna happen . They have dog turd bins in my local park and most people oblige by depositing the turds into them .However out on the street it's a different matter .For evey two people who pick it up another 8 wont. Perhaps we need to get one of those litter pick up sticks for the solid turds ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Buy a can of www.poopfreeze.com

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

The area I live in had dog turds on every street.
    Aren't there supposed to be large fines for this?
    Who do I moan to? the council? which dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Visited hoth a while back, lots of hills and dog ****.

Disgusting place.

The people were ugly too, and probably stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Disgusting place.

Wtf is hoth? Silly manky boy!

My dog ****s on grass banks around the place rather than on the concrete. Usually it's a guerilla **** and we have moved on before anyone notices

• Advertisement

Disgusting place.

LOL I am assuming you mean Howth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Latchy wrote: »

He's obviously a member of the Rebel Alliance

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

"I'd never tell anyone to pick up sh|t. Only a right tosser would, imo.
    Today 10:50"

I'd imagine the "right tosser" is the one that decides their dogs excrement is for sharing with the world. The ironic thing is that all of the dirty manky F@$£ers that let their pets ****e all over the place are the first ones to moan about the state of the country.

It's called civic pride and responsible pet ownership. What's wrong with that??

Give me a reasonable answer. What positives does leaving a dog crap on the footpath bring to anyones life.

I had to give up walking my child to school because the pavement was destroyed and he ended up walking in it on consequtive days. Very upset six year old. Selfish s@$ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Hazys wrote: »
    In the US they're v good for doing it. I was playing Football one day in a park a there was a hot girl in a nice pair of hot pants running laps of the park with her dog. The dog stops to take a dump and the girl pulls a plastic bag out of her pocket and picks up the sh1t. Then she continues to run with the dog on a leash in one hand and a bag of sh1t in the other!!! it was manck

fixed it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Valmont wrote: »
    What a fine citizen you are, truly an asset to the country. If you said that to me, I'd tell you to go suck your dogs willy.

No pride in the the appearance of your area so? "My dog's sh*t is someone else's problem, let them deal with it." Lovely attitude to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Some idiot has a dog in their apartment in my complex, you'd swear she thinks she is living on 5th avenue with a tophat and tails doorman!

It's not the fact she has a dog that I mind so much, it's the fact that she lets the dog out into the courtyard in the dead of night to empty its skip.....

*queue the Rat poison.

I think what really piss's a lot of people off is not just the dog crap on the street but when the fcuker does it outside your front gate .Like no dog has a right to crap outside a front gate but if it does have to be one ,then FFS let it be the dog that lives there . ;)

On a more serious note ,somebody mentioned a pet spray for accidents in the home .I Think I read somewere that Jeys Fluid is supposed to be good for throwing the culprits of the scent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Dog **** should be picked regardless of where it was deposited. Nothing worse than getting it on foot, wheel or having to pick it out of a horses hoof!

With regards to horse and sheep poo, the are herbivores which is very different to carnivore poo. Horse poo can be safely handled by a pregnant woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

Getting on your high horse on these forums is all well and good , but make a habit of trying to tell people in Dublin to pick up **** is likely to get you the worst kicking of your life and would be damn near suicidal behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Not if you gallop off on your high horse ;)

Unless your a cop on the spot , you cant tell people to pick up dog crap, or dispose of their rubbish ,they have to want to do it .

You can of course politely. ask them to . They might tell you to fcuk off or at worst, kick the crap outta ya .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No dog crap to add to the natural spender of St Stephen's Green?

Latchy wrote: »
    He's obviously a member of the Rebel Alliance

Maybe if it was cleaner I'd have googled the placename!

Should have seen the at-at ****, disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

If the dog's cr***ed on the pavement I would definitely ask the owner to pick it up be it a poodle or a rottie.
    Walking the kids to school every day is like being in a minefield!
    Dog poop carries tons of diseases. The most common disease found in dog feces is Roundworm. Roundworm can cause blindness to children and could also be transferred to adults.

Phsyche wrote: »
    Roundworm can cause blindness to children and could also be transferred to adults.

But only if the parents let the child crap in the street, and and adult stands in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

Oh ha ha...

Seriously, I'm going to loose my patience with these people one of these days and I hope the kids are not around to witness it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

no

Phsyche wrote: »
    Oh ha ha...

Seriously, I'm going to loose my patience with these people one of these days and I hope the kids are not around to witness it :mad:

They might even sh1t themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

The coutry is fooked and all we care about is pat kenny, gerry ryan and dog ****

Ddad wrote: »
    "I'd never tell anyone to pick up sh|t. Only a right tosser would, imo.
    Today 10:50"

I'd imagine the "right tosser" is the one that decides their dogs excrement is for sharing with the world. The ironic thing is that all of the dirty manky F@$£ers that let their pets ****e all over the place are the first ones to moan about the state of the country.

It's called civic pride and responsible pet ownership. What's wrong with that??

Give me a reasonable answer. What positives does leaving a dog crap on the footpath bring to anyones life.

I had to give up walking my child to school because the pavement was destroyed and he ended up walking in it on consequtive days. Very upset six year old. Selfish s@$ts.

I never said I'd leave crap if my dog did it. The question was "would you tell someone to lift their dogs crap?" Which is what I answered.

And there's a difference between "civil pride and responsible pet ownership" and being a douchebag telling someone on the street what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The German town of Volkach is to DNA test every dog so it can fine owners when their pets cr*ps in public spaces.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/4400064/German-town-plans-dog-DNA-database-to-stop-fouling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

The ironic thing is that all of the dirty manky F@$£ers that let their pets ****e all over the place are the first ones to moan about the state of the country.

No they just moan about people telling them to pick up dog ****. "State of the country" me arse, that has nothing to do with it.

The thought that some moany old codger like yourself will step in my dogs stinking, putrid ****, then go on rant and a rage, call up the residents association, distribute a letter, complain that the country is falling apart because there's dog **** on your pavement and you poor poor child has stepped in it. That makes me very happy.

Yeh sure, you couldn't walk to school because of the ****, yeah right. It's not that bad anywhere. You should teach him to look down while he's walking.

I have a great idea. You should give Joe Duffy a ring, he would love to hear all about you and your innocent sons plight at the hands of the merciless dog ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The most appropriate punishment is to rub the owners nose in it.

It fücking stinks, and I nearly vomit when I see it. As the weather gets warmer, you smell it before you see it.

Dogs have to shït, yes. But it takes a dirty bästard owner to leave it behind.

You'd swear some of you had to navigate over mountains of ****e on a daily basis. There's more of it in this thread than any number of dogs could provide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You'd swear some of you had to navigate over mountains of ****e on a daily basis. There's more of it in this thread than any number of dogs could provide

So you are a 'leaver' then?

Pm your address so I can make presents for your garden and door step ;)

Advertisement