Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell owner to pick up there dog's crap?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I agree. You'd swear there was a national crises with school children disappearing into mounds of it whilst walking to school and entire cities being cordoned off due to toxic levels of methane gas.

I honestly can't remember the last time I stepped in dog **** that wasn't from my own fella. I always play football with him in the garden and step in the occasional turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Abigayle wrote: »

Pm your address so I can make presents for your garden and door step ;)

If you bring bacon you got yourself a date =p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Us country folk know poo is good for the environment. Just you wait and see, soon all your trees will die and you'll have nothing but a bare grey ground... Oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Valmont wrote: »
    I always play football with him in the garden and step in the occasional turd.

The fact that you are ok with it, regardless of which dogs hole it came from is your choice. Dont choose for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Their...

• Advertisement

The fact that you are ok with it, regardless of which dogs hole it came from is your choice. Dont choose for everyone else.

I don't go "hurrah I stepped in my dogs **** again! Awesome" and I'm not "choosing for everyone else", don't be silly.

My main motivation for not cleaning up is my personal vendetta against our residents society. Actually no. I won't lie, I'm just not arsed really. I don't like touching ****, bag or no bag and I'd feel like my dog's bitch if I started cleaning up his ****. I did it for long enough when I house trained him.

Well, I understand everyone's point and all I ask is that the next time you step in dog ****, think of me laughing maniacally. I have to stick it to the man somehow. Collateral damage can't be helped.

I'd feel like my dog's bitch if I started cleaning up his ****.

Step 1. Dip dïck in jam.

Step 2. Place hands on back of head. Enjoy dogs appreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I hate dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs. I have 3 dogs, (well the family does) and we always pick up after them. The people who don't give dog owners a bad name. It really really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I don't have a dog but if I did I wouldn't want to pick up it's **** tbh. You know what I do when I see **** on the ground - avoid it:eek::eek:

Step 1. Dip dïck in jam.

So that would make him my bitch again? Lassie dogs have long skinny snouts so I don't think it would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Step 1. Dip dïck in jam.

Dogs don't like jam

Dick the chicken after is has cooled down from the oven, excellent (Labradors are very good)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

But isn't it slippy when you lift the labs tail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 henke08

c4cat wrote: »
    Imagin if she had left it there and yr ma slipped up on it while walking home one night?

You have to admit though - a middle-aged woman slipping on a patch of watery **** in a dark park is quite a funny mental image...

So that would make him my bitch again? Lassie dogs have long skinny snouts so I don't think it would be good.
    Then lift the tail. Master / dog balance restored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I never said I'd leave crap if my dog did it. The question was "would you tell someone to lift their dogs crap?" Which is what I answered.

And there's a difference between "civil pride and responsible pet ownership" and being a douchebag telling someone on the street what to do

You seem to have difficulty in telling the difference between the douchebag and the decent skin in this situation. Telling people to do what they are obliged to do by law is not being a douchebag, its caring about the society you live in. Some people like to live their lives in a way that doesn't impair the ability of others to enjoy their lives.

Letting your dog foul the street is illegal and reprehensible.Sometimes it's ignorance and other times it's malice but it's rarely excusable. Same goes for paying taxes, driving responsibly, not milking the system etc etc

VALMONT
    "The thought that some moany old codger like yourself will step in my dogs stinking, putrid ****, then go on rant and a rage, call up the residents association, distribute a letter, complain that the country is falling apart because there's dog **** on your pavement and you poor poor child has stepped in it. That makes me very happy."

Can't stand Joe Duffy to be honest. Glad the thought of my child crying on the way to school perks up your day.....says a lot about you. Lovely to interact with a warm caring person like yourself. Enriches the spirit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

I think the quantity of poo is relevant here. The man who lets his corgi deposit half a gram of smelly chocolate on a footpath is less accountable than the eccentric billionaire who walks his Black Rhino through Leitrim village, after which the street (there is only one) runs brown with...brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

andy1249 wrote: »
    Getting on your high horse on these forums is all well and good , but make a habit of trying to tell people in Dublin to pick up **** is likely to get you the worst kicking of your life and would be damn near suicidal behaviour.

I've held two people to ransom while I walkedwith them and waited on the guards after catching them trying to walk off on their dogs sh1te. One of which was the ideal candidate for getting a "kicking" (scummer in trackies with a pitbull). He was quite the picture of hardness while he was beggin me not to call the guards before hand scooping a fresh steamer into the bin out of desparation.

Ddad wrote: »
    VALMONT
    "The thought that some moany old codger like yourself will step in my dogs stinking, putrid ****, then go on rant and a rage, call up the residents association, distribute a letter, complain that the country is falling apart because there's dog **** on your pavement and you poor poor child has stepped in it. That makes me very happy."

Can't stand Joe Duffy to be honest. Glad the thought of my child crying on the way to school perks up your day.....says a lot about you. Lovely to interact with a warm caring person like yourself. Enriches the spirit.

I've just found my new signature!

Do you not think it's a bit weird that your kid cries from stepping in dog poo? I mean unless it's sharp or explodes or something.

consultech wrote: »
    I've held two people to ransom while I walkedwith them and waited on the guards after catching them trying to walk off on their dogs sh1te. One of which was the ideal candidate for getting a "kicking" (scummer in trackies with a pitbull). He was quite the picture of hardness while he was beggin me not to call the guards before hand scooping a fresh steamer into the bin out of desparation.

Hmmmm... Is your name Satan by any chance? Do you have anything better to do than to hassle and threaten people because they didn't pick up their dog ****? That is literally, the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Hmmmm... Is your name Satan by any chance? Do you have anything better to do than to hassle and threaten people because they didn't pick up their dog ****? That is literally, the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

How sad and pathetic are YOU to think its quite ok to leave your dogs shi*te on the road. Do you allow your kids to throw litter around the estate where you live? Or do it yourself? Do you see kids swinging out of newly planted trees and think "ah sure they're only havin fun"? I'd normally reserve the title of scummer for people of this caliber. Consideration of your neighbours doesn't cost ye a penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

consultech wrote: »

the only thing worse then letting your dog **** on the street is lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    How sad and pathetic are YOU to think its quite ok to leave your dogs shi*te on the road. Do you allow your kids to throw litter around the estate where you live? Or do it yourself? Do you see kids swinging out of newly planted trees and think "ah sure they're only havin fun"? I'd normally reserve the title of scummer for people of this caliber. Consideration of your neighbours doesn't cost ye a penny

Well dogs don't **** out litter or usually smash trees in the process of taking a dump either. Now if my kids were out flinging **** at each other in the estate....ah sure its only ****. Good for the earth, don't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

the only thing worse then letting your dog **** on the street is lies.

16k posts on boards is a close third :)

Not lies, Im a big fucker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Well dogs don't **** out litter or usually smash trees in the process of taking a dump either. Now if my kids were out flinging **** at each other in the estate....ah sure its only ****. Good for the earth, don't you know.

Why can't our scienticians fast-track some manner of genetically modified pooch, who exclusively pisses. No solid browns, just golden trickles. In fact, we could do away with the dog's anus altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

usually let my dog ****e in grass, never on pavements.

Bringing a bag with me incase anyone quizzes me, however i put a lump of coal in the bag so people dont know the difference lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yes because Im sick of having to avoid dogcrap on walks.Went walking on a well known recreational area in my city and it was literally strewn with dogcrap.The place was lined with bins and signs telling dog owners to clean up after their pets.
    I suppose if its not enforced nothing will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dog walkers: just pick up the poo, it's your responsiblity.

I work in Dublin 2, and every patch of grass near my office is covered in dog poo. The canal should be a great place to go and have lunch, but every square foot of grass has a dog shíte in it

I've just found my new signature!

Do you not think it's a bit weird that your kid cries from stepping in dog poo? I mean unless it's sharp or explodes or something.

No nothing weird about a six year old not wanting to smell of dog faeces. You like that kind of thing yourself??

Your a gem so you are. Best of luck with the maturing into a decent person thing. I'm assuming there is still time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Yesterday, I was crossing to George's Street at that junction of Dame Street, just beside Central Bank.

There was a woman with a golden labrador and half way across the road, in front of cars, the dog decided it was time to go. Amazingly, she stood there and waited until the dog was finished and then bagged it up, holding up traffic.

Fair play to her I thought :pac:

Advertisement