Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What & Where do you want to study?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Well, with just weeks to go to the Leaving Cert and making your choice if you're going on to Third Level. What and where do you want to do? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

well i WANT to do physio in UCD but the points are v high.. a more realistic course for me would be sports scince and health in DCU or science in TCD or UCD.. ahh shur ill find out soon enough! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

GY350

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

well i WANT to do physio in UCD but the points are v high.. a more realistic course for me would be sports scince and health in DCU or science in TCD or UCD.. ahh shur ill find out soon enough! :(

Science in Trinity is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

TP in Trinity as my first choice and Science as my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

well i want to go to UCD for radiography, but if i don't get that, then QMU in edinburgh for radiography, and if neither of those, maybe clinical measurement in DIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

JC06 wrote: »
    Science in Trinity is great :D

yeah i wouldnt mind goin there.. scared of the whole 'trinners for winners' thing tho..

cant stand people up their own arses!! i know its the minority not the majority but still... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

cant stand people up their own arses!! i know its the minority not the majority but still... :D

Nope, its the majority.
    TRINNERS FOR WINNERS LIKE!
    Snort guffaw (nose pointed to the heavens)

Only kidding :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

yeah i wouldnt mind goin there.. scared of the whole 'trinners for winners' thing tho..

You don't really get any of that carry on down the Science end though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    GY350

CK703

AKA PHARMACY UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You don't really get any of that carry on down the Science end though.:D

Because theyre too depressed because all the buildings are cramped together and its always really dark down there.......

Science in TCD for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fad wrote: »
    Because theyre too depressed because all the buildings are cramped together and its always really dark down there.......

Science in TCD for me!
    Not as depressing and dark as the arts block, imo... We have lovely skylights. They have egg-boxes for a ceiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

DN020

Actuarial and Financial Studies in UCD, provided I get the points which is no guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I really want to go to Trinity just cause It looks good.

I have like 6 choices at Trinity and I like all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Medicine in Trinners for me, hopefully.
    Or in UCD or NUI Galway, at this stage, I'm not too pushed as long as I get in somewhere :D

If that falls through, I'm thinking it'll have to be Pharmacy in Trinners. or Radiation Therapy. Or Human Helath and Disease Sciences. I'm not sure which to choose ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

European Studies in Trinity hopefully (looking for about 500 points+ :eek:)
    If I don't get to be a 'euro-stud', Hopefully French and Spanish in TCD, or Modern Languages in UCD. I'm a severe language nerd :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

bythewoods wrote: »
    Or Human Helath and Disease Sciences.

your the only other person i have heard of whos put that course down :D

hoping for med anywhere... have UCD down first at the moment but might change it to RCSI (free laptops!) or Trinity.
    Human health and disease is after medicine closely followed by genetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I'm hoping for engineering in Trinity or UCD. Personally would prefer trinity. Not completely sure if its the right road to pursue

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Financial Maths in Cork. It's only the maths thats holding me back...

I sort of know someone who's in 3rd or 4th year in that course, and I asked him about it the other night. He said it was easy. Then again, he got 600 points in the Leaving Cert, and a scholarship of some sort too. Also his Da is a maths teacher.

If I don't get that, or maths in Trinity, then I'll end up doing Accounting in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dubs wrote: »
    your the only other person i have heard of whos put that course down :D

hoping for med anywhere... have UCD down first at the moment but might change it to RCSI (free laptops!) or Trinity.
    Human health and disease is after medicine closely followed by genetics.

I have it down after medicine, and so does a friend of mine. I'd say loads of people will have it as their second choice after medicine so the points will probably be quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I have Psychology and French (TSM) in Trinity down as number one and Psychology in Trinity as number two. To be honest, I don't really have any hope of getting the points for either of those (545+) so I don't mind doing something else.

I just can't decide whether to put European Studies in Trinity or Psychology in Cork down as number three as i'm more likely to get the points for these two courses (495+). I know I'd love European Studies cos I love languages and am interested in history and politics. However, I think I'd prefer the actual job prospects of psychology. Although I do hate science, I have this weird idea that I might find psychology okay cos it'd be so interesting. Oh I just don't know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Computer Science in Trinity. Need that higher C3 in Maths though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

CK103 - Arts with Music in UCC. It's 450, that's fine with me as I got more than that in the pres :) After that I've got Music in UCC and Music in CIT/School of Music. All my choices are in Cork, wasn't allowed go anywhere else(too expensive, but my parents can take 5 holidays a year and that's grand :rolleyes:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Fringe wrote: »
    TP in Trinity as my first choice and Science as my second.

I'd love to do TP. Good luck with it when you get it :)

As for me,no idea what I'm doing yet. Might put Science at UCD first but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 george.

hoooopefuly
    psychology in trinity
    or
    psychology in ucd
    or
    psychology in maynooth, but i wont be going anywhere if i don't get off the computer and start studying !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Not as depressing and dark as the arts block, imo... We have lovely skylights. They have egg-boxes for a ceiling.

And a damn fine ceiling it is too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Music and music only.
    First choice is tied between D.I.T Conservatory of Music and C.I.T School of Music.
    After that is Maynooth and some arts stuff, but I detest arts so hoping not stuck with one of them choices.
    I got my points in the mocks for my courses, now just gotta pass the entrance test and audition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

george. wrote: »
    hoooopefuly
    psychology in trinity
    or
    psychology in ucd
    or
    psychology in maynooth, but i wont be going anywhere if i don't get off the computer and start studying !!

I have the exact same choices down on my CAO:), but I can't decide which would be better, TCD or UCD,, UCD is one year shorter but TCD just seems better,.???:confused: How'd you choose???

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Actuary in UCD, DCU or through Maths Science in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Law in Ucd, i have trinity down but... in all honesty... i WON'T get those crazy points!! Also psychology down in UCD, it looks pretty interesting like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 george.

yummy91 wrote: »
    I have the exact same choices down on my CAO:), but I can't decide which would be better, TCD or UCD,, UCD is one year shorter but TCD just seems better,.???:confused: How'd you choose???

yeah i know.. i cant decide which is better either. i put trinity down first simply because the points are higher. i want to go on and do a post grad etc to become a clinical psychologist, so, in terms of years studying, ucd might be better.
    im not sure, but some of my friends who are in ucd don't really like it whereas my friends in trinity are enjoying their first year. i asked the head of psychology in ucd and she said the courses in ucd and trinity are of equal standards, soooo ??? who knows, id be happy if i get into either, but id quite like to go to trinity because it looks pretty :o

Advertisement