Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes stores disabled parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

bonzos wrote: »
    correct!!!it is still no surprise to me that their are still people who find an angle to defend these people"minks" . it would be interesting to find out how many of these people have got parking ticket or fines over the years
    What is your interpratation of "minks" who the Dunnes stores staff were referring to? I dont think that lunasa lady was defending the actions of anyone who would park in a disabled spot, just the use of the term.
    In my understanding "minks" is a very derogatory term for the travelling population?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'm not judging on the fact whether they look disabled or not. Simply the fact if they have a disabled parking permit thing. If they don't have one of those permits,then they have no right to park in the space.

Oh bobcar..........................you divil..................you edited your post!!!! :eek: Your'e gas!!!!! AND YES YOU ARE JUDGING............do you go and look in their windscreens before you ear bash them? :rolleyes: Unreal. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Oh bobcar..........................you divil..................you edited your post!!!! :eek: Your'e gas!!!!! AND YES YOU ARE JUDGING............do you go and look in their windscreens before you ear bash them? :rolleyes: Unreal. LOL

I'm not going to argue with you but where did I edit my own post. I'm pretty sure I didn't and I had to check again incase I had without known but I didn't edit it.
    I think your seeing things:P

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

tuppence wrote: »
    What is your interpratation of "minks" who the Dunnes stores staff were referring to? I dont think that lunasa lady was defending the actions of anyone who would park in a disabled spot, just the use of the term.
    In my understanding "minks" is a very derogatory term for the travelling population?
    lady lunasa added nothing to the discussion other than to complain about the staff member who used this term..im sure the staff are sick of dealing with this problem use the term as a just to show what they think of these people ,this was not a offical statement from dunnes but im sure if it was it would be worded by a legal person so not to offend people like lady lunasa....PS. "mink" is a term used to discrible scumbags (settled&traveller)

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'm not going to argue with you but where did I edit my own post. I'm pretty sure I didn't and I had to check again incase I had without known but I didn't edit it.
    I think your seeing things:P

Didn't like what I had to say bobcar????? :rolleyes: The perks of being a mod :eek:
    Abusing your position like the non disabled people parking in the disabled spots. Makes you worse than any one of them. Tut tut tut........hang your head in shame :(

• Advertisement

Seriously like are you taking the p1*s. Where do you see that I ever edited a post of mine in here.
    And who doesn't get annoyed when a non disabled person parks in a disabled space? If the person doesn't have a badge thing and park in the space I have no problem going up to them and letting them know they have parked in a disable space. If they have one of those badges then fire away..let them parks there,after all that's what the space is there for.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Like i said, TUT TUT TUT :eek:

lady lunasa added nothing to the discussion other than to complain about the staff member who used this term..im sure the staff are sick of dealing with this problem use the term as a just to show what they think of these people ,this was not a offical statement from dunnes but im sure if it was it would be worded by a legal person so not to offend people like lady lunasa....PS. "mink" is a term used to discrible scumbags (settled&traveller)
    Oh I am glad you cleared that one up! :rolleyes:
    Whether this is a court of law which is not, the fact that the Dunnes Stores staff member used a derogatory term should be offensive. (and probably a disciplinary issue) They are there representing the organisation they work for. If they are really emotive about the subject of equal opportunities I would get them to to be proactive about their organisations' disability policy. If it is tokenistic, perhaps get the union involved etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hairyprincess:

bobcar did not edit his post, and he is not abusing his moderator status.

complain about it in this forum again and you'll be taking a short holiday. capisce?

To all other members: if indeed "minks" is a derogatory term, it will not be tolerated on this forum as a means to refer to people.

Xiney wrote: »
    hairyprincess:

bobcar did not edit his post, and he is not abusing his moderator status.

complain about it in this forum again and you'll be taking a short holiday. capisce?

Turning in Wibbs there Xiney by typing in bold?

• Advertisement

I can only aspire to be Wibbs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

OP, while being ignorant and disrepectful are disabilities, I agree they should not allow use of priviledge spaces

Oh I am glad you cleared that one up! :rolleyes:
    Whether this is a court of law which is not, the fact that the Dunnes Stores staff member used a derogatory term should be offensive. (and probably a disciplinary issue) They are there representing the organisation they work for. If they are really emotive about the subject of equal opportunities I would get them to to be proactive about their organisations' disability policy. If it is tokenistic, perhaps get the union involved etc.
    so now we have gone from the issue of people who have no respect for the law and park in disabled spaces to taking disciplinary action on some member of staff who made an effort to do a bit of work and pays their taxes....."tokenistic&unions"..give me a break and let us all know when you wake up from your PC dream and rejoin the real world !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

so now we have gone from the issue of people who have no respect for the law and park in disabled spaces to taking disciplinary action on some member of staff who made an effort to do a bit of work and pays their taxes....."tokenistic&unions"..give me a break and let us all know when you wake up from your PC dream and rejoin the real world !

Are you the Dunnes employee that refers to people as "minks", whilst dealing with a customer complaint? You know you could be sacked for that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 icanchange49

In my understanding "minks" is a very derogatory term for knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

In my understanding "minks" is a very derogatory term for knackers.

I see what you did there.

Let's drop the minks thing, guys.

Resorting to slander does not help anyones case. The Dunnes stores worker distracted from what everyone will agree is the main issue here which is people parking in disabled parking who shouldnt be allowed to do so. Everyones getting passionate about the injustice of this situation rightfully so, but don't need to throw around terms like "scumbags" and "minks" as a way to prove it. I am not going to get into the right and wrongs of labelling people especially lets face it, when no one really knows who the offenders are. (one persons word does'nt amount to a hill of beans) As far as the argueing in terms of slandering goes, it just aint constructive.
    Simple....no hidden PC agenda (as bad as that label seems to be at the moment) sorry to say!! :rolleyes:

Topic is misuse of disabled parking - last warning.

Then, the beatings start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

getting back to disable parking :rolleyes:

well in my opion disable parking in dunnes is in many ways the same as the parent/toddler parking.. their their for a reason.

last week i was driving into dunnes (with my 2yr old) and the car in front of me got a parking spot on the left hand side it was my turn next to get the next vacent spot and i spotted one of the parent/toddler area vacent.

i was about to drive into it when a man came from the area beside the trolleys and took the spot, i noticed he has a newspaper lying up against the steeringwheel.

i pulled up in front of him and pointed into the back of my car as worded to him has he a child ( because clearly i cud see he has no carseats or child in the car) he worded back to me while pointing their inside...

now in my opion he cud have stayed where he was at the side of the building and read his newspaper their and left the area clear for someone who really needed it.

i got a spot straight away in the multi story and litterly 2 min later i was walking up to the door and no sign of him.. he moved out of the spot and yes in his place someother (hopefully parent) got the spot

CRAZY:mad:

• Advertisement

Are you the Dunnes employee that refers to people as "minks", whilst dealing with a customer complaint? You know you could be sacked for that right?
    first of all im am in no way connected to dunnes stores!i do agree that the "minks" remark was wrong and a foolish thing to say,however i think people missing the big picture here which is the constant abuse of the very few disabled parking spaces in sligo by these people!

bonzos infracted for ignoring three on thread warnings to stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There are so few disabled parking places in Sligo, it's a joke.

Up in Asda Ennsikillen the whole of the front of the shop has places for disabled parking, and they have wheelchairs, motorised scooters etc for people to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

rio-rose wrote: »
    getting back to disable parking :rolleyes:

well in my opion disable parking in dunnes is in many ways the same as the parent/toddler parking.. their their for a reason.

last week i was driving into dunnes (with my 2yr old) and the car in front of me got a parking spot on the left hand side it was my turn next to get the next vacent spot and i spotted one of the parent/toddler area vacent.

i was about to drive into it when a man came from the area beside the trolleys and took the spot, i noticed he has a newspaper lying up against the steeringwheel.

i pulled up in front of him and pointed into the back of my car as worded to him has he a child ( because clearly i cud see he has no carseats or child in the car) he worded back to me while pointing their inside...

now in my opion he cud have stayed where he was at the side of the building and read his newspaper their and left the area clear for someone who really needed it.

i got a spot straight away in the multi story and litterly 2 min later i was walking up to the door and no sign of him.. he moved out of the spot and yes in his place someother (hopefully parent) got the spot

CRAZY:mad:

Please do us all a favour and stop trying to relate being disabled with being a parent. One is a choice, one is not, therefore "parent-child" parking spaces are in no way comparable to disabled parking spaces. You're trying to make your own point in a thread thats got nothing to do with that point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Please do us all a favour and stop trying to relate being disabled with being a parent. One is a choice, one is not, therefore "parent-child" parking spaces are in no way comparable to disabled parking spaces. You're trying to make your own point in a thread thats got nothing to do with that point...

Both disabled spaces & parent spaces are both reserved parking spaces for people with specific needs, so in that sense, they ARE comparible.

Both disabled spaces & parent spaces are both reserved parking spaces for people with specific needs, so in that sense, they ARE comparible.

my point also , although saying that i know this thread is about disabled spaces.. but wat starbelgrade has said both are reserved parking areas

Is it do you a favour cause no one else has questioned my par-take in this thread, about parent/toddler spaces.

and i no where said that been disabled is the same as been a parent, both them area's that are allocated to either disabled or parents are their for a reason..

Advertisement