Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider Anniversary €5.00 on Steam

Options
  • 03-04-2009 7:10pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

As in the title of the topic Tomb Raider Anniversary is just €5.00 on steam for this weekend only.

Despite the generally pricing fiasco with steam I would consider buying any reasonable game at this price (up to say €10).

Anyones thoughts on this game? Is it worth picking up?

Metacritic score is quite good anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I bought it for ~€15 the Christmas before last. It's an enjoyable game. If you've played the original Tomb Raider back on the PS1, then you'll get a few points of nostalgia. Also, if you've played Tomb Raider Legend, then you'll know what to expect controls/puzzle-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

I just finished TR underworld and thought that was good so I might get this if I get a chance¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anniversary is better than Underworld imo. It stays very true to the original. Depending on where you stand, that's either a good thing or a bad thing. (I personally liked the gun combat and vehicle levels in Legend)

But, imo, Anniversary is worth it alone for the commentary you can enable. Gives some insights from the developers from when they where first making the original. Something funny they mentioned which I always thought also, was in the original when you fought the T-Rex, most people thought it was in a cave, but it was supposed to be outside (which it is in this game) but due to the draw distance limitations of the PS1 the sky ended up looking like the ceiling of a cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

You could see the sky alright in the PC version. Well i could anyway on my old Pentium 133!

Anniversary is much better than the original in almost every way. Id get it for that price. The only thing worse was they turned the T rex into a pretty stupid boss fight.

Advertisement