Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I or shouldn't I?

• 03-04-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My sister died a few years ago and her best friend, who i get on great with has stayed in touch with my family and would visit a few times a year. The thing is, i recently broke up with my girlfriend (which there's no going back) and she commented at one stage that she felt threatened, as in that my sisters friend fancied me!! I just dismissed it and said she was just imagining it, but now i'm thinking maybe she was right. The question i'm asking is would it be right to ask her out? I don't want to upset her or my family and i don't want to lose her as a friend, should I ask her out or should I let well enough alone. I've been thinking about this for weeks and i really don't know what to do, please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, please stop posting to bump this thread. If people have some advice to offer they will do so, but you pushing for it isn't going to speed things up. You only posted the thread a few hours ago, you've already stated that you've been thinking about this for weeks, so I'm sure you can wait a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭smileykey

Whatever you do, don't rebound with a family friend, especially one who your family value not only as a friend but as someone who shared a love for their deceased daughter/sister/cousin, etc. Give it some time, make sure you are over your ex.

Also from what I'm getting from your post, it seems possible that you only like this girl because you think she likes you. Would you have had feelings for her if you didn't think this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry Zaph, i was just trying to get a bit of help, this situation is wrecking my head!
    @ smiliekey, i'm definitely over my ex and I know my sisters friend for years but thought she wouldn't be that interested in me, I always fancied her but didn't want to make thing awkward for my sister. Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Why not? I am sorry about your sister but there is nothing wrong with it provided you are not using that so manipulate her.

Ask her out by all means but tell her its for you and not your sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

I dont see why you should not ask her out.Just be clear about your own feelings and that there is attraction there.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain.Go for it and respect her feelings.be careful that you can distinguish friendship from romance and take things easy and slow.

Wont be long befor you know how things are.I am sure everyone will be thrilled for ye if it works out.

Goofd luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement