Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outing a rip off?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I paid a guy 70 quid sterling at christmas to do a search on my Great grand father's WW1 service. He came recommended, actually by a board member who had had a good expierence with him, and he seemed professional and knew what he was doing. 3 months later,3 emails and attempted contact through his site and I have heard nothing from him,apparently a search usually takes a couple of weeks max so I don't think I'm just being impatient at this stage. What should i do now? I've been 'understanding' in my emails,basically asking whether he had recieved my payment (via sterling draft/post) or not. A check with my bank proved he did.TBH an email saying he couldn't find any info on my GGF would have satisfied me,because I felt it was long shot anyway,but his lack of contact has really pissed me off. I'd really like to fire off a snail mail with some personal insults but I don't think it would do any good,the money's not an issue, but I would like in some way to basically affect the way he does buisness,as in ,not let him get away with ripping people off. I don't think naming and shaming on a web site/forum is legal,or is it? Any suggestions on how I should proceed.

Advertisement