Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS CRUELTY MUST STOP.

Options
  • 03-04-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

A mate of mine forwarded this to me and i'm posting it warning its NOT for the faint hearted...having said that this cruelty must be stopped.
    Never again will i eat in a chinese restaurant or buy anything made there.What will you do?....please forward the link to friends and keep it going,raise awareness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭biggybum

That is stomach turning, absoulutly vile !! Those people should be strung up by their gentalia and left to rot. I understand why you posted it but i honestly think its just too disturbing to air on a public foum:mad:,,, OR AT LEAST WARN PEOPLE ABOUT HOW GRAPHIC IT IS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Um.

While this (and previous accounts I've read about Vietnamese dogs being bred under arduous conditions for consumption) are quite saddening, boycotting Chinese restaurants would be rather futile.

For one thing, hammering a lawful and worthwhile business on the basis of the actions of some members of it's associated nationality is a little barmy, at best.

For another, most of the "Chinese" restaurants in Ireland (and elsewhere) are from Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, everywhere but the nationality you're targeting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I haven't read it and I can accept that I'm making uninformed opinion because of that,
    But I plain refuse to read anything from PETA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

mayordenis wrote: »
    I haven't read it and I can accept that I'm making uninformed opinion because of that,
    But I plain refuse to read anything from PETA.

I wouldn't think much of PETA either but the video speaks for itself.
    It's absolutley horrifing.

As Roundy said though, what good would boycotting Chineese restaurants do?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Jimbo wrote: »
    As Roundy said though, what good would boycotting Chineese restaurants do?

I can't watch the video, so I'm useless,
    But I agree with you both, and that's my issue with PETA, the seem to always take issue with the wrong groups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

*plays devils advocate here*

Ok now whilst we find things like this disturbing - why boycott Chinese restaurants? A lot of the worlds people worship cows - yet we kill them & eat then & use the leather etc??

Also most goods now seem to be manufactured in China - more than you would think....

Now for the mod part - I am removing the link - & giving the OP a warning - we will NOT allow links to Peta here - we consider them to be terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

might be worth a look!
    peta do nothing for me!
    the first thing i see is DONATE NOW! on the website.
    quite a few animal rescue sites are pure money orientated,
    where does all the money go????
    chinese restaurants should not be victims of this post!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

might be worth a look!
    peta do nothing for me!
    the first thing i see is DONATE NOW! on the website.
    quite a few animal rescue sites are pure money orientated,
    where does all the money go????
    chinese restaurants should not be victims of this post!

just saw 007 deleted the peta link,
    sorry if i broke the rules re links

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im just going to quote the rules here
    Links to sites such as PETA or ARAN or any other organisation known for using "emotional terrorism" will not be tolerated on this board and will result in an immediate and permanent ban, and possibly a site-wide ban

Now the next person to post a link gets a ban.Instantly,No warning given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Maybe you should consider boycotting products made in China rather than legitimate restaurants in this country?

Of course, that would cut down significantly on the amount of products you'd be able to buy then

Unless a restaurant here is found to be serving up cat or dog there's no real reason to boycott them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I didn't watch the vid, but I wonder how much worse it is than what happens to chickens and pigs (intelligent and social creatures too) here in Ireland?

I completly understand how sickened you feel about this but there are many cases of cruelty here that you CAN do something about by boycotting products, buying only freerange etc. Rather than pointless avoidance of businesses which have nothing to do with the cruelty you speak of in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I didn't watch the vid, but I wonder how much worse it is than what happens to chickens and pigs (intelligent and social creatures too) here in Ireland?

I completly understand how sickened you feel about this but there are many cases of cruelty here that you CAN do something about by boycotting products, buying only freerange etc. Rather than pointless avoidance of businesses which have nothing to do with the cruelty you speak of in the first place.

Agreed.

If people in Ireland knew exactly what animals go through so they can have a snack box from Supermacs or a roast lamb on a Sunday, then there'd be a lot more vegetarians in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Unless they skin the chickens and pigs alive, it is much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ger57

First of all i apologie for posting the link...i was totally unaware of being in breach of rules on that one.Promise guys wont happen again.

I'm not against humanely killing animals or birds for food,this is way beyond that.China has no regard what so ever for human rights or animal rights.I won't be getting in to any arguements or debate about this matter folks ,only to say i'm against all cruelty ,but this is the sickest saddest thing i have ever seen.

Once again,sorry for posting link.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

As I said I didn't watch the link. Of course all cruelty is wrong, but things go on in every country which is cruel. Boycotting a few chinese restaurants which have nothing to do with the cruelty makes less sense to me than boycotting companies involved in cruelty here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Ger57 wrote: »
    I'm not against humanely killing animals or birds for food,this is way beyond that.China has no regard what so ever for human rights or animal rights.I won't be getting in to any arguements or debate about this matter folks ,only to say i'm against all cruelty ,but this is the sickest saddest thing i have ever seen.

I totally agree with you, and a couple of years ago when I first saw a documentary about what went on in China, I tried to boycott Chinese goods. It is almost impossible, things that you wouldn't in a million years think would be made there - are.

I still don't think that boycotting Chinese restaurants in this country is necessary, what if the owners fled China for the very reasons that you have highlighted? Is it fair to deny them an honest living? Whatever their reasons for being here, they are not treating animals the same way as they are treated in China, the laws here don't allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

No, they just slit their throats while still alive.

I'm not trying to shock with that statement. It's true.

Also, chickens have their beaks cut in half so that they don't kill each other with biting when cooped up in small spaces with other poultry.

So, skinning alive it ain't, but it's not pretty either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im just going to quote the rules here

Now the next person to post a link gets a ban.Instantly,No warning given.

Who made links to those sites banned and for what reason? Is this a relatively new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Who made links to those sites banned and for what reason? Is this a relatively new thing?

I've been on the site for at least a year and the rule was in place when I joined

I'm pretty sure that they're banned because PETA is considered a terrorist organisation due to its links with the Animal Liberation Front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You heard the man. No links to PETA or their ilk. Perma ban without warning to the next one that breaks the rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement