Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bite, whats the story?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Some idiots dog just bit me as i was out walking.The dopey **** owner didn't even try to control the dog as it lunged towards me.He had one of those retractable leads i think should be banned as they give majority of idiot owners less control.Anyway it didn't get enough grip for a deep puncture but it has broken the skin so some blood and a nice bruise.I was well pissed at the owner and let him know , but being a dog owner myself i accepted his apology and let it be.Just wondering whats the story in regards dog bites.I just cleaned it up lashed a bit of Savlon on it, im sure its grand don't need any shots i presume just keep an eye on it for any change ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

As the skin was broken it would be highly recommended to get a tetanus injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Same thing happened to me, got a tetanus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Ah f**king Bo**ox i meant to be heading away tomorrow on a stag.Sure its Friday now no chance of a GP visit until next week.Why didn't i get his details christ it will probably cost me now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Have you been in hospital in the last few years for any kind of cuts? If so you probably got a tetanus shot then.

amacachi wrote: »
    Have you been in hospital in the last few years for any kind of cuts?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

padi89 wrote: »
    Nope.

Then you need a tetanus shot :)

Ya just rang the GP so i have to get a shot tonight preferably within 12 hours of the injury.He says the risk is low but it is recommended and a shot course of antibiotics.Such an annoyance:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Quaver

If you have the time and you can't get to a Doc, go to A&E. Our dog bit my sis pretty bad a while ago, took 3 hours to get down and back to A&E, although she needed stitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Go get a tetanus shot definitely and get the owner to pay for the bill. I'd also report him since he made no effort to control his dog and no dog should be off biting people.

Well i had to go for a Tetanus shot last night and now i have to take a strong course of anti-biotics for the next 5 days.Im fairly pissed off about it to say the least as i was told you will have an upset stomach and experience some nausea, lovely when your meant to be heading away for the night.I have a medical card so my doctor visit and prescription was covered but your talking in the region of 80-90 euro it cost.I was absolutely stupid to just brush it off and leave it be with the owner, i should have taken his name and details, not so as to be a prick about it but so as to inform him exactly what his dog did.I've seen him a couple of times with his dogs down the area but i doubt il see him again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HOBO 83

I was out walkin the dog about a year ago, my fella was only a pup at the time. A neighbours dalmation ran up and tried to attack my dog, so I picked him up. The spotty little pox then jumped up and bit into my stomach, he left me with a nasty bite. I never bothered getting a tetnis, other than a small scar i've had no problems, so i would'nt worry about it to much if ye had'nt have make it to the doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Report it OP, the next time it could be a child or somone elderly

TBH some muppets don't learn unless it involves a hit to their pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Izzyone

In my opinion the dog should be put down straight away. Imagine if that was a small child, the dog could do serious damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

Izzyone wrote: »
    In my opinion the dog should be put down straight away. Imagine if that was a small child, the dog could do serious damage.
    put the owner down as well:D

Advertisement